Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-01-11, 3:15pm

Default Opinions on Simax H-2 torch

hey everyone im trying to get some opinions from people who have used this torch.
Is it a oxy hog?
does it have a good penetrating flame?
if anyone could post pics of flame shots that would be sweet.
also does it HAVE to have the foot petal? i heard it wont function without it.

or should i just go for a freakin phantom

thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-11, 3:34pm
product of the universe

Its big if you need a big torch for the money this is a fairly good deal. It is a european burner so it is a bit softer of a flame good for hollow. You must use air with it. The center fire can be a bit touchy even useless on older models. I guess if you need a large torch for cheap its good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-01-11, 3:41pm

cool thanks. so even though it looks like the CC does it operate like it? or is the CC much better?
and when you say you must use air what do you mean? oxy...?

Old 2009-01-11, 5:59pm
product of the universe

It doesn't act like a cc. Though it looks a carlisle it aint a carlisle. If you want a big cheap torch its good. i bought the one i had for 600 but had to get the centerfire stabilized. When i say air i mean from a compressor it runs at about 30psi and has to be used.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-01-11, 6:22pm

dam dude you got a lot of torches!
i think i might just have to go with a phantom and stop being a cheap ass.
it'll prettymuch be the same if i got a h-2 and the foot petal.

4 stud torches dont HAVE TO have a foot petal right? it just makes the torches ABLE TO use footpetals when it has 4 inlets?

Old 2009-01-11, 6:43pm
product of the universe

Yeah you don't need a foot pedal just use some T connectors til you get one. Its way better to get the torch a 4 stud instead of sending it back when ya need it. For what i do i'd rather have a cc than a phantom. That's just my opinion though.

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-01-11, 7:17pm

whys that?

Old 2009-01-12, 4:13pm
product of the universe

cc is bigger than a phantom. We've melted 40mm solid boro with a cc side by side with the delta and it held its ground. It aint no delta but it will melt large masses of glass. As far as soft glass goes i have no luck with the cc. But my personal opinion is that each torch has its own advantages, each treats the glass a bit differently which is good depending on what you may be making.

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-01-13, 8:52am
William Hagy

One good tin is that they are inexpensive and will cook your shirt off and melt 55 heavy wall just as fast as I typed this message........in fact it will work 80mm as well if you hand can turn it

Down sides

1)The tip demands compressed air or it will slowly melt together.

2)You better have liquid O2 or you will need at least 3 500t tanks per week.

3)The center fire is touchy

I had one.......used it maybe 8 times and sold it for I never used it much.

~Now a 50mm HA Zenit sits in its place

50mm & 40mm Herbert Arnold Zenit Burners,Carlisle cc/cc+/mini,Liquid O2.
Old 2009-01-13, 10:18am

Herbys are sweet
yeah ive heard mixed info on this thing.
and no i dont have liquid oxy. im not even sure if its aloud since i live in a well populated neighbourhood

the CC beat the delta?? SAY WHAAT

Old 2009-01-13, 1:11pm
product of the universe

it did not beat the delta but held its own. It is slower but can melt large amounts of glass.

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-01-13, 1:48pm

o ok.
well thanks for the info guys