Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2007-08-24, 12:20pm
William Hagy

Talking My Studio

~~~~CHECK OUT THE FURNACE PICS BELOW~~~~

I have been doing some moving things around in the studio and have started with my personal bench with a custom made stainless steel bench top.The other seven stations will be finished up soon with new s.steel bench tops as well.

Teaching Stations:

Students during class:

Top sections

Inside hood

Air Intake

Hard Line for Oxygen and Propane

Fuel Storage

Liquid Tank:OL 55 (there is room for three cylinders if needed)

The above ventilation is a speed controlled 5000cfm dual port exhaust individually controlled as for each 2500 cfm roof mount fan is directly routed to the top of the hood system with as little as 8'-10' of duct work to optimize outtake. The large black pipe 10" off the floor is propane and the copper pipe 10" above that is liquid oxygen both individually tapped for regulation on each of the 10 stations allowing the use and operation of several different types of burners from large to small.

I will be editing and updating the specs of the hoods,stations,hard line specs, outdoor fuel/O2 storage,etc....

~W~

-Just as promised......a little slow though here is a few updates to the studio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

50mm & 40mm Herbert Arnold Zenit Burners,Carlisle cc/cc+/mini,Liquid O2.

Last edited by Norskiglass; 2008-08-09 at 12:19pm. Reason: Photo updates,etc..
Old 2007-08-24, 12:30pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Dang! That's a hell of a fine looking studio!

Compared to that...I just have the starter kit .

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2007-08-24, 1:22pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Nice..... I want to come over and play
Old 2007-08-24, 3:38pm
Sheryll

Awesome studio! <sigh> You just gave me a bad case of studio-envy.

Last edited by Raven Wylder; 2007-08-24 at 3:43pm.
Old 2007-08-24, 3:48pm
needs to light the torch.

dang... that is pretty sweet!

I like your stool too!

Old 2007-08-24, 5:18pm

Wow - what a fantastic place to work! I agree with Sheryll and have major studio envy . But you have to start somewhere. Enjoy and thanks for sharing. I'd love to see more pictures.

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2007-08-24, 6:08pm

Yeah!!! You have my torch. Stunning set up there. I love it! It looks very professional and has a "let's get down to business" feel to it. I like that. I would like to know how you like your Arnold. Do you do lampwork and small stuff, or blowing?

Old 2007-08-24, 8:22pm
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
Yeah!!! You have my torch. Stunning set up there. I love it! It looks very professional and has a "let's get down to business" feel to it. I like that. I would like to know how you like your Arnold. Do you do lampwork and small stuff, or blowing?
I do a little bit of everything with them

I really like how those Zenit burners are designed.

Old 2007-08-24, 8:32pm

Oh wow! I can see your burners are put to good use. Those are beautiful! I love the Arnold too.

Old 2007-08-30, 7:51am

Awesome set up! Thanks for sharing pictures.
MarieAnn
Old 2007-08-30, 8:25am

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

Yup, looks like there is enough room for a few cots and sleeping bags . Just need to know If you have a coffee pot and I can be on the way .
LETS GO GIRLS ........... hes got LOTS of Big Uns !

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2007-08-30, 8:39am
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkys View Post
Yup, looks like there is enough room for a few cots and sleeping bags . Just need to know If you have a coffee pot and I can be on the way .
LETS GO GIRLS ........... hes got LOTS of Big Uns !
Oh there is a coffee maker,refrigerator,gallery,and a half doz. other torches set up......space in loft (low ceilings) for 10 cots, and cases and cases of glass aside from the 1,000lbs of cullet for the furnace

Old 2007-08-30, 1:43pm
nikos

Default torches

What kind of torches are the blue ones?
Old 2007-08-30, 2:17pm
Sheryll

OMG! You have all that under one roof? Slumber party at Norski's! Come on ladies, who's with me? when are ya getting the furnace up, I wanna play!
Old 2007-08-30, 2:58pm

Hey Sheryll, after your first experience with glass blowing at Peter's last weekend you'll be a pro in no time! Definitely slumber party time. The only things I see missing are wine and tunes.

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2007-09-01, 8:37am

I'll bring some wine!!!

Old 2007-09-01, 3:25pm
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Wylder View Post
OMG! You have all that under one roof? Slumber party at Norski's! Come on ladies, who's with me? when are ya getting the furnace up, I wanna play!
All that and then some and the furnace will be up and running in late October!

Old 2007-09-01, 10:51pm
HourGlass Studio

William you have one kick ass place.
Old 2007-09-01, 11:06pm
needs to light the torch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norskiglass View Post
All that and then some and the furnace will be up and running in late October!
Hhhmmmm, that isn't too far to go for a glass weekend...

After making a float and a dish at Glass Stock I want more hot shop time!!!!

Old 2008-01-30, 3:54pm
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskerWood View Post
Hhhmmmm, that isn't too far to go for a glass weekend...

After making a float and a dish at Glass Stock I want more hot shop time!!!!
I hope you make it over here sometime ya know priest lake is beautiful in the summer as well as Cd'A Idaho

Old 2008-08-01, 3:14pm
William Hagy

~bump with an updated hot shop~

Old 2009-01-08, 12:57pm
In search of her path....

This is really lovely! wow I cant believe all the great stuff you have in there dang I think we need to move to Spokane well ok maybe not with that 6ft of snow that came down out there but dang to have a shop like that at my disposal would ROCK! We have NOTHING around here and I really wish we did!
Karin

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-01-08, 6:33pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Wow what a nice space.

Old 2009-01-09, 2:28pm

WOW that is a fantastic studio.

Debbie
Old 2009-01-13, 1:28am

Very nice....! But I do have to say those bare feet make me cringe!

Old 2009-01-13, 4:00pm
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_affair View Post
Very nice....! But I do have to say those bare feet make me cringe!
Yeah well she is from California and was happy to sign a release form! LOL!

Old 2009-01-13, 4:02pm
William Hagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF-Designs View Post
This is really lovely! wow I cant believe all the great stuff you have in there dang I think we need to move to Spokane well ok maybe not with that 6ft of snow that came down out there but dang to have a shop like that at my disposal would ROCK! We have NOTHING around here and I really wish we did!
Karin
LOL! there is plenty of room here but the igloos are melting! lol!

TY!

Old 2009-01-13, 4:53pm

Default THONGS?

A thong footed student, teacher or any one else for that matter would not be allowed in our studio!!

Cheers!

Intarsia

Love Many, Trust Few, Hurt None
Old 2009-01-13, 10:07pm
William Hagy

She actually has a long history with furnace glass.....next time you see William Morris tell him too will ya!?! lol!

Old 2009-01-14, 11:35am
Cats & Glass!

William has a great setup - wish it wasn't almost an hour away or I'd rent time.

I'm with the others on that shoe thing. I watched someone drop hot glass on their work boot once. Flames, heat, cooked foot. Wasn't pretty.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -