Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-02-28, 3:04pm
Obsessed Blogger

39 beads headed to NASA. neener neener

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-02-28, 3:39pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Sweet! I would not want to be a judge at all......
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awesome beads Everyone!

Old 2011-02-28, 3:43pm

How many entries were there. Just out of curiosity...
Old 2011-02-28, 3:51pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

WOW!!! 39... THAT is awesome.... I hope everyone who was selected enjoys it as much as I did, for STS-132.... but as always the BIGGEST winner will be BoC and the kids...... congratulations to everyone who submitted beads.....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-02-28, 4:08pm
Astro Cat

Yeah! That's a lot of beads! Good luck to everyone
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If I can get online at home I'll post a picture of my one astrocat bead that I submitted. I hope we get to see Picts of all the beads that will be on the shuttle. If the beads here are a reasonable sample they should be awesome!
my Scorpion!
Old 2011-02-28, 4:10pm

I only submitted two, and they are tame by the standards of this thread, I would pick all of these over mine, especially under the kid-friendly criteria!! But Kris is right, it is all for a good cause! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-02-28, 4:46pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

wow!!!! 39.... I wonder of there are extras because of weight rather than space? I am loving all the beads that have been shown so far. Woo hoo maybe my fellow Dragon, Terri will get her beads on for the second time... Her beads rock, love the alien and the helmets with faces

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2011-02-28, 4:50pm
I need a bench maid!

Default My Beads in Space Entries

Everyone has such amazing beads here! Wow!

Mine aren't so elaborate as some, but here were my entries . . . not the greatest pic, either - sorry!

Old 2011-02-28, 5:02pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

your beads are adorable Jeanine.. love the monkies and your shuttles are cute too.

Old 2011-02-28, 5:08pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Jeannie your beads are too cute! That 3-eyed alien is a crack up and so are your sweet monkeys!
Old 2011-02-28, 5:09pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Okay you big teaser! Will the winners be posted here or somewhere else? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 2011-02-28, 7:22pm

Here is a photo of two beads that are very similar to one of the beads I sent to BOC. I didn't remember to photograph the one I sent! It is kind of a planet feel, no where near as "fun" as the beads I see here!! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-02-28, 7:52pm

Wowzie, I’m super impressed by everyone.

Patienthand – WOW, I love the shuttle with the rocket boster, It looks like it will take off any minute.
Cori – Super cute alien ship and alien.
Dawn, great bobbin ship! What a fun way to use old bobbins and make ships, so ingenious. I like third from the left the best.
Shelly – Awesome shuttle! And the Beads of Course ship is great. Are the letters murinni or stringer? Either way, color me impressed.
Kristina – Look at all t he critters ready to be blasted into space. I think I like the one on the far right the best. And of course the Pig – PIGS IN SPAAAAACE (I meant to do a Pig and never got around to it).

Tikiterri – WOW, you have come a very long way. Not that the others were bad, but the new ones are amazing. Great job. I really like the space shuttle on the rocket and the alien.
Jeannie – Very cute. I like your monkies a lot.
Jeri – Those look really neat. I bet they are awesome in person, lots of depth.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-02-28, 8:02pm

Here are mine. I made bunches, but sent in three. Will send the others with more BOC beads in the near future.
I sent the top Dog one (of course most looked like Rabbits)- Laika
A Chimp (one with a 2 color ship)- Enos
And the purple ship - check out the rocket bottom with murrini as the burners.
Attached Images

Old 2011-02-28, 8:19pm
Astro Cat

Those are adorable!!
my Scorpion!
Old 2011-02-28, 8:51pm

Thanks Dee!

Old 2011-02-28, 11:35pm
Astro Cat

Here's a picture of the front and back of the bead I sent:
Attached Images

my Scorpion!
Old 2011-03-01, 6:28am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I am loving them all... now I will haunt the thread till the announcements are made

Old 2011-03-01, 6:35am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Jeri - those are beautiful and captivating!

Laura - those are just to cute! What a wonderful collection!

Dee - that's delightful! I love the little face helmet.

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2011-03-01 at 6:37am.
Old 2011-03-01, 7:32am
over the moon space cadet

Here's my REALLY bad pictures of 2 of the beads I sent. The last one was one I made a long time ago, but really love because the murrine is perfect -- not so much like these on here. I'm sure they're not making it up there, but I hope the kids will like them
I love silver glasses and these were made with different kinds...
AWESOME BEADS, EVERYONE!! They're so wonderful and some are just downright adorable!!!
Hooray for those of you who win and a BIG congrats to BOC on this program and getting a lot of cool space beads to give to some very special kids
Attached Images

" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury
Old 2011-03-01, 10:58am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Hey everyone, in case you don't know yet, there is a new Post to announce the winners!

Congrats to all who won and here's the link:

Old 2011-03-01, 1:20pm

Everyone's beads are SO cute! This is going to be one heck of a string of beads! I can't wait to see them all! (wink wink Lori)

My bead is called "Orbits, the Space Kitty". I made him in honor of my two beautiful black cats that are no longer with me. I hope Orbits has a BLAST on his journey...and beyond!
Attached Images

eBay: nada!
Old 2011-03-01, 1:25pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Judy that's SUCH a cute kitty! And look at your awesome lettering!
Old 2011-03-02, 9:14am

Quote:
Judy that's SUCH a cute kitty! And look at your awesome lettering!
Thanks Kristina! All of your critters are absolutely adorable! It's cool all the critters in this bunch. But I think I am just partial to beads with eyes.

The shuttle beads are WAY cool too! It's going to be a great flight!

eBay: nada!