Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-01-17, 11:11am
StudioMarcy

Oh Genea, I am so happy to hear that! I can't wait to see your beads. And please keep passing the word around. BOC children always needs our beads!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-26, 8:51am

This is wonderful I will post info on my blog later today!

R-118
Old 2011-01-26, 9:08am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:

•If you have something else you want to add to this pay it forward, shoot me an email. I'd love for other lampwork related items to join in the fun for perhaps a second and third prize.
Marcy,

As I reread your points I thought about this line especially... so how about offering one of my BOC Critter Tutorial Workbooks as a 2nd or 3rd prize? I am attaching pics of it, and some pics of the types of completed jewelry that can be assembled for children.

When you have the list of winners, just tell me who to send it to and I will ship a Critter Tutorial Workbook direct to them if you like.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-01-26, 9:09am
StudioMarcy

Cathie, that is wonderful. I really appreciate that you will blog about it. Beads of Courage needs more beads! Thanks so much.
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-26, 9:11am
StudioMarcy

Thank you Kristina. That is very generous of you. When I next update the blog, I will add your prize. Great!
xo,
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-27, 7:02am

Morning! Been making BOC beads all day yesterday and going to another studio to make some more this evening. Glad I'm able to contribute.

Old 2011-01-27, 7:16am
StudioMarcy

Leslie,
I am thrilled that you are doing this. Thank you so much and please help spread the word.

Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-27, 8:22am
Uh-oh means it's too late

This is awesome I will try and get as many as possible made- I can add this info to my website I am a bit challenged so is a link with a brief description okay???

Old 2011-01-27, 8:25am

Okay I am offering up a prize to
I will offer 3 baggies of my murrini 25 chips each as a prize. Just let me know who the winner is and I can send it directly to them. For now I think it will be a bag of Love Remembers, a bag of Deep In Thought which includes some Z-99 chips, and a surprise blend that I am working on. I can upload pics here in the thread later on. This is sooo cool!!!

Old 2011-01-27, 9:06am
Hot Glass Neophyte

This is getting better all the time!

More winners = more fun!
Old 2011-01-27, 1:02pm
StudioMarcy

I agree. Thank you so much Michelle for making beads and your generosity.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-27, 7:05pm

You are welcome!! I think this is so amazing what you do!!!

Old 2011-01-28, 8:16am

I'll add another prize to the cache. I'll send an aquarium bead complete with fish murrini and jellyfish. Let me know who comes in and I'll send it directly.

Robert
Old 2011-01-28, 8:56am
StudioMarcy

Thank you so much Robert. What a great prize! (I know, because I'm lucky enough to own one!) By the way, that was a great beads of courage article that you showed me. For everyone else, here is the link:

Happy Friday!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-28, 9:11am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Isn't it delightful to see how this is expanding! It's wonderful how your good deed is multiplying Marcy!
Old 2011-01-28, 5:48pm

Well, I sat outside in the sunshine today and went thru one of my drawers of beads and took out all the miss matched ones, experiments, did-I-do-that beads and whatever else I knew I would not sell. I washed them all because they have been in the drawer forevah... Filled one small priority box... it's overflowing.... much to my surprise! That was just the drawer of 3/32" holes..... tomorrow, if it is acceptable, I'll go thru the 1/16" hole beads to send along as well.

I hate to say it, but I still have way too many beads....

Additionally Chuck and I made beads last evening with a group of friends who will be sending those in as well including some fishies.

Wow! This feels good!

Old 2011-01-28, 6:17pm
StudioMarcy

Yay Leslie (and friends)! Don't forget to take a quick photo of them too (and count them!). Group shots are great! We all want to enjoy them. Thanks so much. I know BOC will appreciate everyone's donations.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-28, 9:19pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Ok, I am ready to throw a prize in the mix.....DragonFlyGlassWORX frits!! I have nine that I guess I had no problem receiving at the beginning. The prize will be 1 ounce of each of these: Soma, Treescape, Green Lizard, Pixie Dust, Jester, Wintergreen, and Lilac Blossom, and Kashmir. If Marcy approves, that is!!
Old 2011-01-29, 3:59am
StudioMarcy

Oh Pat, that is so kind of you. Thank you. I know folks will be excited about it. Is there any chance you might take a quick photo, so I can add it to the blog? And anyone else who is supplying a prize...if you can, I know it will be exciting to the participants. woohoo! this will be so nice for our beadmaking community.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-29, 6:13am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I will try super hard to take a picture today. I guess some peeps won't know what the colors are since the website is down! See, sometimes hoarding is a good thing!
Old 2011-01-29, 6:24am
StudioMarcy

Thanks Pat. You are talking to a fellow hoarder. Not frit necessarily, but glass in general.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-29, 3:25pm

Marcy and everyone contributing .. wow what a fun way to promote BoC! I have a bunch of miscellaneous beads cleaned and ready to go. Just need to get some pictures.
Old 2011-01-29, 4:03pm
StudioMarcy

Hi Patty, I'm so glad to hear that. Anytime during the month of February is within the guidelines for this contest.

And I just found out there will be another prize- Leslie is donating one of her fish. Three cheers and a big thank you. You guys have been so generous and will make this so much fun for more folks.

And I just saw an email announcing another Beads in Space call for artists. Here's the link.
Hope you all can enter.

Monday is official kick off for the torch contest, but check out the above link as well.

Happy weekend to you,
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-31, 4:22pm

I was all ready to head to the post office with my 700 + BOC package but it's a frigid 6 degrees, supposed to be a -20 or something like that tonight and I'm not going anywhere until it warms up. Will take a photo and post the fish necklace as soon as I can.

Marcy ~ Thanks so much for encouraging more of us to participate in BOC!

BTW, somehow I keep missing the addy of where to send the beads. Maybe you could post it here as well. Thanks!

Last edited by Crazy Woman; 2011-01-31 at 4:23pm. Reason: mailing addy
Old 2011-01-31, 4:48pm
StudioMarcy

Woohoo Leslie! I just edited my original post on this thread to include the BOC address for donations as well as a link to their website that has it and info on the beads that they are hoping for. But don't forget to post on my blog:
the number that you sent in as well. I have to keep track of everyone's donations in one place. And everyone, please help me spread the word. If you are on other forums, please help! bloggers- please link to my blog, to help increase traffic and spread the word. Thank you so much. I am hoping that they will be rolling in beads by the end of the month.
xo to all of you sweethearts-
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-31, 7:15pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Here is a picture of the frit for the prize. One ounce of each. The order is from top to bottom, left to right: Lilac Blossom, Wintergreen, Green Lizard, Griffin, Treescape, Pixie Dust, Kashmir, Soma, and Jester. Anyone feel free to edit this picture with my blessings!!

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Last edited by pittypat; 2011-01-31 at 11:42pm. Reason: more info
Old 2011-01-31, 8:58pm
StudioMarcy

Hi Pat, thank you so very much. I will post your wonderful gift on the BOC Raffle blog. You're great!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-02-01, 5:20am
Hot Glass Neophyte

I hope winners get to choose from the prizes in order of the draw (when they fall in 2nd place an on)!
Old 2011-02-01, 5:29am
StudioMarcy

Hi Kristina, I had not planned on doing that. I am going to draw for each item and record it so it's public. I head out of town shortly after this ends, and want to be able to sleep knowing that everyone has their information, before I go. It's a raffle and being run the same way. I'll post the winners and if they want to trade privately among themselves afterward, of course that's their choice.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-02-01, 5:38am
Hot Glass Neophyte

That sounds great Marcy. This is such a wonderful undertaking, and continuing to expand, so I sure understand!

Wish I was able to come to your class. I bet you are a wonderful teacher.