Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-07-12, 4:10pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

Deb - I recently downloaded the current version ....& I just have to say "It Rocks"
Thank you so much for doing this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
Old 2011-08-01, 7:05am
Unmedicated since '62

FINISHED!!!!

I need some testers - first ten will do

here is a screen shot of the dashboard

ETA - whoops, just noticed a mistake on that - well thats what testing is for
Attached Images

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-08-01, 7:32am

I am new to LE and to lampworking, but I would love to test this out for you. My stash of glass is getting kind of out of hand and I need to spend a day getting everything labeled.
Old 2011-08-01, 7:35am
Unmedicated since '62

Just pm me your email address

Old 2011-08-01, 7:55am

Deb ~ It looks awesome!!!!! leslie@crazywomanglass.com if you need more testers.

Old 2011-08-01, 8:43am
Master Procrastinator

Would love to help too if you still need. avroch.lea@gmail.com

Old 2011-08-01, 1:43pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

Deb - I'd love to test, if you still need testers. Will PM you my email - just in case you do.

~
~
~
Old 2011-08-01, 6:53pm
Unmedicated since '62

ok, got enough testers and i dont want to drag the process out any longer

the tested version should be up by Wed

Old 2011-08-03, 3:25am
Formerly NurseKatie :)

Bumping up, so I can read again tonight! I have a macbook pro, with microsoft office ( I doubt it has access) so hoping I can get through the pages here to see how to run it)

Old 2011-08-03, 4:05am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseCatie View Post
Bumping up, so I can read again tonight! I have a macbook pro, with microsoft office ( I doubt it has access) so hoping I can get through the pages here to see how to run it)
I'll warn you we've had major issues with putting it on mac - you have to run parallels I think, someone did it

Old 2011-08-06, 1:06pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
New version available 3rd or 4th Aug 2011
Hi, I don't mean to be a nag but I'm not seeing a link to download the new version. Has the release been delayed or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for doing this, it's an awesome tool, and I wish I had Access 2010 so I could learn how you made the guts! I love making stuff like this, ad now I actually have enough glass that I need it! :^)

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-08-06, 1:50pm

I don't believe it has been released yet. Deb and I were actually trying to put czech glass in, but not sure if we came up with a complete glass list.
Old 2011-08-06, 2:14pm

Unfortunately, I only have Access 2007 and it won't run on that Bummer...

Old 2011-08-06, 3:32pm

Thanks! I was worried I was just being dense and it was right in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledragonfly View Post
I don't believe it has been released yet. Deb and I were actually trying to put czech glass in, but not sure if we came up with a complete glass list.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-08-06, 4:29pm
Unmedicated since '62

yes, slight delay - just getting a czech glass list together

you can run it if you have 2007 you just have to run it on the 2010 runtime version

go into your settings for this file type and choose the runtime version as the preffered program to run this file

Old 2011-08-06, 5:22pm

Actually I shouldn't say Deb and I. I asked Deb if she was going to add czech glass, then I typed up a partial list of czech glass colors and item #'s and sent to Deb. Deb is graciously trying to add them and most likely trying to get a complete list......isn't she the best?

Although I do feel bad for asking if she was going to add the czech glass, I'm sorry Deb I didn't mean to make more work for you.

Autumn
Old 2011-08-06, 5:33pm
Unmedicated since '62

no thats ok, when i released it the first time i left out the czech and lauscha - czech cos i couldnt get a list anywhere and lauscha cos the only list i could get was in german

i really needed to find them, i have lauscha and now i have a partial czech so all is good

Old 2011-08-06, 5:35pm

if there is anything I can do to help, I am happy to help. I will be back at my regular computer Monday.
Old 2011-08-06, 5:41pm
Unmedicated since '62

no its ok, mostly just tidying, cleaning and checking to make sure its all correct - its time consuming and fiddly but when its done its done

i'm also waiting for Kathy from CiM to get back to me, she's sending me all their paddle images and torch notes to load up as well, that will be useful

Old 2011-08-06, 10:34pm

I know how you feel, Deb. I find my day job the most satisfying when I've built a new Excel spreadsheet with formulas, macros, the works, and get to spend time debugging it. Ain't it grand?

Oh, goodie! CIM paddle images and torch notes will be included. I love CIM. Most of what I have now is messy, and I'm not just talking about the state of my house.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-08-08, 11:55am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Deb, skip to the next post!!

I posted this early on when the project got underway. Deb wanted an oxycon so I asked people who liked and used the program to contribute to her oxycon fund. Some did, most didn't. Now I'm asking you slakers to contribute to her "gathering fund" if you haven't done so already. Come on you guys. It's a hell of a lot of work to put out this kind of thing. No connection other than a satisfied user.

PJH
Old 2011-08-08, 5:07pm
Unmedicated since '62

thanks mate

Old 2011-08-10, 4:41pm

Is there a link for the "gathering fund"?
Old 2011-08-10, 5:02pm
Unmedicated since '62

not yet but i'll stick a donate button in when i release the database

thanks though

Old 2011-08-11, 7:05pm

I'll watch for it! Thanks, Deb.
Old 2011-08-14, 9:21am
Confused as usual

I personally am computer illiterate so I will have to have my DH check this out Thanks
Old 2011-08-16, 3:22pm
CiM Tamarind-Skinned

Okay, I am really trying hard to get stuff in this but, every time I look for a glass color, it's not there. I also don't know how or where to add the quantity of glass I have. Do I maybe need an update? I will poke around and see if there is an update I need.
Old 2011-08-16, 4:01pm

The newest version is not out yet. She is still working on it. What kind of glass are you trying to put it that is not there? Moretti, Czech, etc?
Old 2011-08-16, 4:05pm
CiM Tamarind-Skinned

Some of the Double Helix experimentals. Lauscha isn't in there. I did not realize the new version was not out yet. OOPS! Sorry to jump on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledragonfly View Post
The newest version is not out yet. She is still working on it. What kind of glass are you trying to put it that is not there? Moretti, Czech, etc?
Old 2011-08-16, 4:15pm

She will post when the new one is out.....she is still cleaning it up a bit and trying to get czech glass added etc......hopefully it will be ready soon.