Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-09-29, 5:16pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default word 2000 HELP!

I am creating a word document that I am copying and pasting pics , sometimes when i go back to the file, there are only blank boxes where my pic used to be and the error message, there is not enough memory or disc space to display or print the picture. I keep loosing entire pages of my documents, please help....

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2008-09-29, 5:24pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Have you tried rebooting?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-09-29, 5:27pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

yes, this has been happening to me for a week, making a catalog, just copying and pasting my pic, then when i go back to edit them, they are all blank boxes, you cant even imagine how many hours down the tube

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2008-09-29, 6:14pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

It doesn't sound like a software problem - sounds like a hardware (memory) problem. Have you tried using a different computer?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-09-29, 6:41pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default re

yeah, ran my memory diag tool on my pc, and said no memory problems. :i have microsoft support at work, i think ill give them a try tomorrow. not working on it anymore til i get the prob resolved, i have wasted so many hours it is not funny...

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2008-09-29, 9:36pm
Cat Mom to Three

I'm using Word 2003 now, but I used to have a lot of problems with this at work. How big is the file you've created? Are the images you are trying to insert large causing the document to bloat? (Word is good at this.)

One option might be to link the pics to the file instead of inserting them:

Insert > Picture from File > Link to File (from the Insert drop down box).

Once you link the pics, to always display, they need to stay in the same directory they were in when you originally linked them to the file.

Hope this helps.

Laurie

Last edited by laurel991; 2008-09-29 at 9:44pm.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:41pm

How big are the picture files? If the actual picture files are quite large, and you are resizing them in Word, Word may be actually trying to store the whole (large) picture, and displaying just the resized image. Maybe try resizing the pictures *before* you bring them into Word?

Just a thought.

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2008-10-12, 7:31am
Formerly Kellyhorton

thanks everyone!!!!! that is what i was doing, copying and pasting pics to the document, then just shaping them smaller, and the photos were way to big, even though they were smaller when i shaped them, technically they save the original file size....DUH.... i guess your right (bloating) now i file, save into windows photo gallery, do all my editing, resize under the paint option, then copy and paste to my paper. THANKS TO EVERYONE!~

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2008-10-12, 8:51pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default microsoft word fix

well now that I know what the prob is, anyone have any ideas how i can restore what I lost? it doesnt really give me many options in word to resize or change the resolution.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2008-10-12, 11:24pm

As you've just learned, ALWAYS resize a *copy* of the original file. Once you shrink a file, you can't make it larger again without loosing detail.

(you still have copies of the original files, right? )

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978