Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-10-12, 10:34pm
Julie Nordine

Default Completely redid my site - check it out, please...

I had my website built last year in Flash & could never update it myself... it had been about 10 months since any of the images or anything had changed, which was totally frustrating since my style has evolved so much in the past year... so I just completely redid it myself @ Homestead (super easy!), had my domain transferred & as of today it's up & running...

It's pretty different, I have my galleries set up offsite @ jalbum... they're kinda fun to flip through & really easy to update...

Will you check it out & let me know what you think? I kinda like it. Do you like the galleries? Does that flipping banana freak you out??? LOL.

Changes? Additions? ...I need to add some studio stuff, but I need to clean it first.

Thank you!

..........................FINGERPRINTS ARE OVERRATED!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What have you done today to make yourself proud?
keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others

Last edited by CreditRiverArtGlass; 2008-10-12 at 10:43pm.
Old 2008-10-12, 11:52pm
Fancy Mammal

Just did a quick fly by. Like the site, like the beads.

Small change, but I'd suggest putting the 2008 Gallery above the 2007. Also make sure to set up the artglass shop soon (or remove the link) I always wonder how long "soon" has been on a page...
Old 2008-10-13, 4:45am
Julie Nordine

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisgal View Post
Just did a quick fly by. Like the site, like the beads.

Small change, but I'd suggest putting the 2008 Gallery above the 2007. Also make sure to set up the artglass shop soon (or remove the link) I always wonder how long "soon" has been on a page...
Great suggestion, Parisgal... thank you!! It's a great idea, didn't even occur to me. Within the galleries, I have the images posted oldest to newest, kinda progressing as I went through the year... would you switch that, too? (kinda like a blog, newest stuff first, LOL.)

"Soon" was up on my other site for almost a year, LOL... but Homestead offers a great shopping feature, so it'll happen... eventually. Right now it's not linked...

Thanks again for checking it out... I appreciate the feedback.

keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others
Old 2008-10-13, 2:20pm
Fancy Mammal

Yes, newest stuff first. It's usually what you're most proud of, and probably the most likely to catch someones eye and keep them looking - or still be for sale!

Yeah, I'd get rid of the soon then. IMO soon needs to be a week-ish. If you have a mailing list you could send a note when you've got it put up.
Old 2008-10-13, 7:12pm
Julie Nordine

That makes sense... thank you.

Okay... I'll lose the online shop until I have it up...