Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-10-20, 7:51pm

Default Please Critique

Hi all. I just finished my website. I went with Pappa Shop due to all the positive recommendations here I have seen.

Please let me know what doesn't work for you, what is weird and ugly, what does work.

If I could improve something on the design of the pages, let me know. I would appreciate any imput you have.

www.laralutrick.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2008-10-20, 8:19pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

very nice

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-20, 8:31pm

I like it and it worked great

Old 2008-10-21, 11:13am
Spoiled

Looks nice but I would change the links for etsy & ebay. Make them so they open in another window so the people still have your website in the background. It's sometimes easy for people to get side tracked and start looking at other stuff on etsy/ebay. If your site is still there, they have to look at it again.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-10-21, 4:28pm

Thanks everyone.

Aimee, thanks I'm wondering if I can do that on pappshop. It was a PITA to get these links to work. I'll search their database. You are correct, that is better.

Old 2008-10-21, 7:00pm
Ghost Town Glass

I would ditto what was said, especially Aimee, if you can get it to work.

On all the pages, it showed

<% META_TAGS %><% STYLE_SHEET %>

at the top, but other than that, I think it looks clean and easy to navigate.

Old 2008-10-22, 8:35pm
Spoiled

I can tell you how to type the code to get it to open in a different window but I don't know if you write your own code with pappashop. If so, here's what to do:

{a href="name of link" target="_blank"}

Sub the {} with <> it's the part of the code target="_blank" that causes the link to open in a new window.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-10-23, 12:00pm
Pappashop.com

Change your custom template code from this

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Lampwork Beads by Lara Lutrick</TITLE><%
META_TAGS
%><%
STYLE_SHEET
%></HEAD>

to this

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>%TITLE_TAG%</TITLE>
<%META_TAGS%>
<%STYLE_SHEET%>
</HEAD>

Then these pappakpak features will work
Meta page titles for all your pages and products
Meta Tags for all your pages and products
Built in style sheet the you can control from "Fonts and Colors"

Give our support team a call if you have any questions
503-393-2140
Mon.- Sat. 8AM - 5PM Pacific time

Old 2008-10-23, 5:35pm

Ok, thanks ya'll, but now I'm confused on what response is to which comment. I don't see <% META_TAGS %><% STYLE_SHEET %> on any of may pages.

I'll try your tip Aimee and if it doesn't work, I'll send a request to pappahop.

Would welcome any more comments on my site. Thanks everyone