LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-12-07, 11:59am

i think that it is the same stuff being recycled!
Old 2008-12-07, 12:09pm

Yeah, I'm guessing "Oddly Odds" means "Odds that are so Odd that they wouldn't sell just as regular Odd Lots so we gave them a new name". Or maybe they're different batches, I don't know.

I was at Glassworks in Belgium when this batch of odds first came out, and they looked really cool in rod form so I took a HUGE bunch home with me - 95% is still sitting there untouched. I like Lemon Grass and Painted Desert, but most of the rest... blech.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
Old 2008-12-07, 12:15pm
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_hornik View Post
Yeah, I'm guessing "Oddly Odds" means "Odds that are so Odd that they wouldn't sell just as regular Odd Lots so we gave them a new name". Or maybe they're different batches, I don't know.

I was at Glassworks in Belgium when this batch of odds first came out, and they looked really cool in rod form so I took a HUGE bunch home with me - 95% is still sitting there untouched. I like Lemon Grass and Painted Desert, but most of the rest... blech.
Yep mine too. I can't remember which one it was that I really liked. Anyway I bought a ton more and apparently there were two different batches and the second was totally different. I still have about two pounds left!

Old 2008-12-07, 1:38pm
Fancy Mammal

The oddly odds are the same batch / batches, but are noticabaly different. Cosmic storm has 3 variations and Lemongrass has two - one of which I like, it has more blue in it. I think any order from Frantz gets a set of rods of the oddly odds right now.
Old 2008-12-07, 5:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlabeads View Post
Seriously! I think after they finish making coral, they make a few more colors, then a month or so goes by and they say "Oh! I know! How about CORAL! It's been SO long since we made coral!! But THIS time, let's make a totally different coral. This time let's make peachy orangish pinkish coral instead of peachy pinkish orangey coral!"

I think I have about 437 versions of coral... give or take a few.

I have visions of wild parties late at night at the glass factories involving legal and illegal substances where they throw whatever they want in the pot and see what it does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisgal View Post
There's an odd with Ivory and Blue in the name? How did I miss that?
That was exactly my reaction! And no picture with it, so it was a total mystery color.

Quote:
I'm loving Lemongrass, still working my way through some of the rest... They all seem to make fun aliens and dinos.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-12-07, 6:20pm
Linda Linda Honey, lookit

Quote:
Well old, unwanted, unsold or not, I am excited about the particular color and can't WAIT to receive it....

Old 2008-12-07, 6:59pm

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade. New glass is always fun.

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-07, 8:07pm
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGrasGlass View Post
Well old, unwanted, unsold or not, I am excited about the particular color and can't WAIT to receive it....
Christopher, let us know if it has the same lovely colours as the demo paddle. If so, I may have to buy some!

Old 2008-12-07, 8:13pm

Default jungle twilight

I love this color!
Attached Images

Old 2008-12-07, 8:23pm
Linda Linda Honey, lookit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
Christopher, let us know if it has the same lovely colours as the demo paddle. If so, I may have to buy some!
Will do! I can't wait to play with it. Actually I have a sample rod that came with another order. I guess I'll have to melt some down and make a basic bead tomorrow morning and then post pics...

Old 2008-12-07, 10:31pm
Loook eeentooo my eyyees

This color looks yummy....maybe I need some.....ummmm more beady show and tell pics pretty please.

-
-