Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2011-04-21, 8:33pm

Default Help making a clickable banner

Can anyone help me? I've been trying to turn my banner into a link to my website. I've tried everything I can think of and it is driving my up the wall. Grrrr! I just can't get it. I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Lynne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-21, 8:52pm
ManBearPig

You will need to do it like this:

Code:
[ url=www.yourwebsite.com ][img]your image url[/img][ /url ]
Take out the extra spaces in the url tags.

You should get something like this:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-21, 11:04pm

Hi Cosmos,
Thanks for responding. I'd tried doing as you suggested earlier however for whatever reason it didn't work. All I got was the string of text which was a link to my site but the banner pic didn't show up. I typed in my url and then copied and pasted the image location inbetween the image tags then closed both the url and image tags. Arrgh!! For the sake of my sanity I think I'll just leave it as is for now.
Lynne

Last edited by lynne; 2011-04-21 at 11:30pm.
Old 2011-04-22, 5:58am
ManBearPig

Seems to work fine...

Try quoting this post and getting the code out of it...

Old 2011-04-22, 10:02am
Storm Queen

The easiest way is to left click and highlight the banner text that you already have in your sig line. Then go up to the "insert link" icon and click on that and paste your URL in the box that comes up. That's it.

Old 2011-04-22, 7:47pm

Thanks so much Cosmos and Amy. Now that I see the code it is so obvious what I was doing wrong. I have the image stored in my website files as well and, that is where I was going to copy and paste the image location from. Oooh! I feel like such a clutz. It works beautifully now. Thanks again for your help.

Lynne