Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2012-01-01, 3:33am

If there was nothing to feel ashamed of then she wouldn't have deleted her youtube site.
She posts videos of herself in a public forum. That is not my problem, that is hers.
And anyone looking at her videos can see she has quite a few problems.
Customers need to know who they give their money to. She says me they offer 24/7 help.
So I guess that doesn't include any of the 24hrs in the day or any of the 7 days in a week. Go figure.

Last edited by Patrickv; 2012-01-03 at 2:00am.
Old 2012-01-01, 11:52am
Carpe Beadum

I left pappashop after more than five years of hosting. My problems also started with mass emails being sent from my website address. I had a couple horrible days of a thousand return emails, then it went away. I'm not sure if Pappashop was able to block the glut of nondeliverable messages, or if it just went away because the spammers changed spoofed email addys.

I always assumed it was spoofing, because I don't know enough about the headers to tell if it's different. However, MaryBeth had the same problem and said that due to the header information on the returns, she thought the PS server was hacked.

That might have been the cause of my further email problems with the server IP being blocked by spamlists. There were occasional emails (regular, unremarkable emails, not mailing list emails) I sent that were bounced back as Undeliverable due to Pappashop's server being blacklisted for spam. And I know of more than one occasion that the emails weren't bounced as Undeliverable, but were shunted to people's spam folders.

Once I informed them about being on the blacklists, they would respond promptly. However, it continued to happen and I would have to do a Help Ticket every time, then wait for 24 hours for the blacklisting to be removed. Their stock response was "We can't know until a client tells us." Given that it was an ongoing problem, they should have been more proactive. Most of the sites that blacklist will let you sign up so you can be notified if you're blacklisted again, and the most recent site for Anti-Spam has a search function so you can put in the offending IP and check many blacklist sites at once.

So it sounds to me like the same problems are still occuring with other clients. I used to recommend them all the time. I don't anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung

Last edited by DreamMuse; 2012-01-01 at 12:54pm.
Old 2012-01-01, 1:22pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychantell View Post
I am only responding to the original poster who told me in an email message that "Payback is a bitch". I have no idea who you are as you have used many different names, signed up on forums and sites the same day you post these nasty comments. That right there says a lot about your character. And not telling anyone your real name/domain name... cowardly to say the least.

1. What I do on my own time is not up to you. Had you looked at the videos you would have seen that they were not recorded during business hours and those videos were from MAY, 2011. This is DECEMBER... how do you figure I should have been helping you with your website at the time those videos were made when you are going around posting everywhere that your site is down NOW (if you even have a site)? Do I tell anyone else how to spend their time off? No, I don't. My best friend and I were celebrating the fact that she survived breast cancer. First time in almost a year that I had a drink and suddenly I'm a "drunk"? LOL that's all it takes now is it? I posted the video because her laugh was funny (to me). As far as I'm concerned, what people do on their own time is their own business and what they post on Youtube is their own right to do so. I don't hold it against anyone just because they have a celebration, a drink, go out dancing or whatever.... and I never will. I have deleted my Youtube channel all together because quite frankly I don't think its right to have to defend my personal life when the issue you say you have has to do with your website. Whatever your vendetta is, I'll not have you stalking or harming my family in any way.

I keep my business (PappaShop) out of my PERSONAL Youtube channel yet you felt the need to post my personal video links in order to bash my BUSINESS. How very classy of you (whoever you are). Even if I knew who you were, I wouldn't go out of my way to go for "payback". Life's too short for that crap. I used to be part of this group here that you aren't even a part of other than to post your nasty totally false post. I pretty much stay out of this place because I've found that no matter what I say, its pointless to try to defend myself or my business here. We have thousands of customers who are completely happy and that's what I focus on everyday instead. But when outright lies and sh** like this are posted about me personally, or my family, while hiding behind a fake account & fake name (here you're Patrick - on another forum you were Daniel - on another you even used MY name to write a bogus review), in order to try to trash my business, it irritates me. So yes, here I am once again posting a response. However, this response is TO YOU, not anyone else who felt the need to post a reply to your post.

2. Nothing on our site costs $800.00 so I have no clue where you got your figure from. Like I said, I don't even know who you are because you have never said.....

3. You and I have never spoken on the phone. We don't have a PappaShop phone and haven't for several months now as its just too expensive with this economy to hire a call center. Alex hasn't spoken to you either. Since neither of us have actually spoken to you we couldn't possibly have told you to "F off" or that I would give you "6 hours before I puled the plug on your website" or anything else for that matter. We have only had to actually cancel one persons site ourselves because no matter what we did to help that person she just wasn't happy. It wasn't a good business relationship and never would be so we ended it. You, however, remain anonymous. If you truly were reaching out for help, knowing your domain name or your real name would be a helpful way to start. And the ticket system does work. We monitor and answer tickets even on holidays and weekends and sometimes in the middle of the night when we can't sleep. Sometimes even when we're sick we're at our desk answering questions and setting up accounts and helping where we can. We can only do so much and if its something that is beyond our control we will tell you that. Sorry but it does happen that way sometimes! That's reality.

4. The game playing while driving.... Wow, we were going 5 miles per hour and most of the time we were stopped all together just sitting and waiting for traffic to move. Get a G R I P already!

5. Be careful when posting false information and/or personal names when posting false malicious information about that person or company. I believe the legal term is called Slander.

We don't use anyone's email address to spam anyone. That's just plain absurd! What would we possibly benefit by doing something like that? Think about it.....
Stay Classy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2012-01-01, 2:22pm
Duchess of Dichro

What fabulous customer service

ETA: why would anyone post a video like that? No less a business owner.......

Last edited by Leslie Dana; 2012-01-01 at 2:25pm.
Old 2012-01-01, 2:29pm
I speak Murrini!

Hey Patrick...

As you know from my previous postings on another thread regarding PS as well as my input here, you know I'm not thrilled with PappaShop, as others have also said. And the YouTube vids weren't my cup of tea in terms of behavior nor what I think would be appropriate stuff to post on there, but I'm old and a bit of a prude sometimes!

Still, I'm thinking your point has been made, and maybe it's time to hold up on the postings of more YT vid links and post a bit of "nuts and bolts" stuff in terms of who you are, etc., so we can get to know you a little better! For example, are you a glassworker? Can we see a link to your work or some photos, or can you tell us a bit about yourself and your work at least?

I don't mean to sound like I'm sticking up for Jay & Co. as I really don't know them personally and can't speak of them except for my own not-so-fulfilling experiences with PS. These haven't been serious problems such as you seem to have experienced, more along the lines of not being able to do with my site as I would like (can't get the "Gallery" photos to align properly, etc.) and having my site creator disappear These issues haven't cost me a significant amount of $, and really it's up to me to get off my duff and find a new provider if that's what I need to do, and just make the switch. Fortunately for me it's not about a financial loss so much as it's about not getting what I really need in a website, so the ball is now in my court.

But concerning this thread, you, PS and Jay & Co., maybe it's time to let it go and move on? Of course, if you're a glassworker, we'd REALLY like to hear about that, and see what kind of stuff you do!

How'z 'bout it?

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-01-01, 2:35pm
Entropy increasing....

We used them for a while. A couple of months and then closed the account. However, that did not stop them from hitting our credit card again. We knew that would happen, we counted on it happening. My husband was livid and told them so.

Why is it whenever you give a business your credit card for an automatic payment they ALWAYS charge your card again after you close the account? You can count on it happening.

And it always soooo much harder to get that undone than it ever was signing up.Why is that?
Old 2012-01-01, 2:47pm
one day at a time

I did not mention one single word about your business. In fact, IMHO your business has nothing to do with posting videos like that. I just can't understand why you would ever allow those to go public. Sure, I drink too, on rare occasions. But I don't ever allow anyone to take photos or video of me drunk, or even a little tipsy. It's not very flattering. For anyone, I mean.
Old 2012-01-01, 3:12pm

I did not come here to socailize. Only to give my review of pappashop.
in a nutshell, they stink and I have every right to say my opinion.
The videos they post of their behavior says a lot about their character.
onward and upward

Last edited by Patrickv; 2012-01-03 at 1:59am.
Old 2012-01-01, 3:56pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
I switched to www.3dcart.com over a year ago, and aboslutely love the service and features. Just for the record - PS can still kiss my a**! They totally suck on so many levels professionally, and those videos are not only disturbing, but disgusting - again, on so many levels.
I'm seconding 3dcart. Using them for over a year, and love it!
They're responding very fast when I had an issue with a specific sale discount.
And very customizable!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2012-01-01, 4:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Billig View Post
I'm seconding 3dcart. Using them for over a year, and love it!
They're responding very fast when I had an issue with a specific sale discount.
And very customizable!
Thank you, I was reffered there too, I might go with them
Happy New Year
Old 2012-01-01, 5:08pm
I speak Murrini!

Okie dokie then Patrick, I understand! And I agree...you have every right to express your unhappiness with PS. Personally I think you've been pretty fair and restrained in your expressiveness.

Although I recognize that personal YouTube posts that aren't directly linked with business matters are an "aside", I do tend to agree that how people behave themselves in personal venues can certainly have a reflection on their publicly-perceived "id", whether they like it or not! You have given us all cause to examine who our provider is and whether or not we want to stick with PS or move on as well, so for that, I'm appreciative.

As far as examining other providers and using this thread to critique alternatives that are working out well for others, well I'm ALL FOR THAT!!! I'm compiling a list of whom others are using and will definitely check 'em out!

Happy New Year all...onward and upward!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-01-02, 1:59am
Unmedicated since '62

I think that video is a pretty poor reflection of the professionalism of the company, I'm not sure I would jump at having them responsible for my livelihood after seeing that

I use these guys

https://nsw.oceania.com.au/~webhosti/index.php

Even though they're Australian they represent sites all over the world

When I have issues I can always talk to a person, even when I completely screwed up my website they fixed it for me no charge

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy