Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-09-08, 12:10pm
metallics freak

Default Effetre's Black Metalic

any other supplier carry this product besides frantz?
Old 2008-09-08, 12:14pm

I do but it won't be here for a few day
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Try LBS Supplies.) I know he just got a shipment in of it.
Or you could wait till I get mine in
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Just joking)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:23pm

Ours is on the way along with all of the CiM colors, Sedona, and Aventurine stringers!

Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-09-08, 12:31pm
frozen glass pimp

Thank you Irene. I am glad that we all can work along side each other

Jon
Quote:
I do but it won't be here for a few day
Try LBS Supplies.) I know he just got a shipment in of it.
Or you could wait till I get mine in
(Just joking)

and my new ebay listing

Email:

Order Phone: 541-733-4007
Old 2008-09-08, 2:20pm
metallics freak

really appreciate it you guys
Old 2008-09-13, 12:51pm
metallics freak

this glass is amazing!!!! effetre should have a whole line of metallics!

here's what i made so far...

Old 2008-09-13, 12:57pm
Knob Creek Glass

Amber, what glass is that? It is gorgeous, as is the execution of the beads.
Old 2008-09-13, 12:59pm

Wow Amber. Wow..
Ours just got here!
Here is the link!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2008-09-14 at 9:03am.
Old 2008-09-13, 1:48pm

Quote:
this glass is amazing!!!! effetre should have a whole line of metallics!

here's what i made so far...

Amber these are sooo cool.
Is it all the metalic black??? Even the stringers?

Old 2008-09-13, 2:19pm
metallics freak

yes! the whole bead was made with the black metallic (they measure about 14x18mm) and i just pulled very fine stringer for the decoration...

i probably went through 3 rods for that set.

the smaller spacers are pure black metallic as well...you can see the difference in color when the bead is smaller....

Old 2008-09-13, 2:50pm
metallics freak

Default thank you

and i didn't mean to look like a brat...so thank you to everyone for the compliments too!

Old 2008-09-13, 2:57pm

Did you reduce it?

Old 2008-09-13, 3:30pm
I need more boro stuff

OMG Amber, they are so gorgeous.

Old 2008-09-13, 4:08pm
metallics freak

thank you yunita!

lori, oxidize it like you would silver plum....

Old 2008-09-13, 6:52pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Amber I splurged and bought a little bit of this glass and found that it bubbled and pitted like crazy. Did yours do that?

Incredible beads BTW!!!

Here's my first attempt. Both the base and the shards are Black Metallic. It doesn't get the really brilliant colors that DSP does but it definitely has its own beauty.

Old 2008-09-13, 7:04pm
metallics freak

gorgeous bead laurie...

mine didn't bubble or pit at all...and i couldn't keep it shiny to save my life!

Old 2008-09-13, 9:01pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Thanks Amber! Isn't it funny how the same glass reacts so differently for each of us? It's a nice enough glass but I think I'll stick with DSP.
Old 2008-09-13, 9:46pm

I just bought mine from Jon at
it is on this page:

hugs
Lynnie
Quote:
any other supplier carry this product besides frantz?

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2008-09-13, 11:29pm
I speak Murrini!

I think both Amber and Laurie's beads are gorgeous in their own right! I'm wondering what type of torches each of you have....

And Amber, could you please explain what you mean by "oxidizing"? Are you on a Hot Head - or some other type (oxy/prop) torch? Do you mean "reducing" (meaning high oxygen)?

Just yummie....
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-09-13, 11:52pm

It's no different than the pandora. Everyone seems to be getting totally different reactions to it. Kind of makes it a neat color.

Old 2008-09-14, 6:08am
metallics freak

i work on a minor with an oxy con...

i just turn the propane down a bit more than i would for a neutral flame and when the bead is finished flash it way up on the flame (almost out of the flame) to bring out the color.

Old 2008-09-14, 7:33am
yukue fumei

WOW!!
Amber and Laurie you beads are awesome!
I need to play with this color!
Maybe I shoulda ordered more?

nagi

Old 2008-09-14, 7:37am

I have a quarter pound of this and I HAVE to try it! You guys made some terific beads!

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2008-10-22, 4:49pm

OK I have aquestion what is DSP i just recieved my metalic Black and I will try it this weekend if not sooner....Dawn

Old 2008-10-22, 4:57pm
Lampworkaholic!

DSP = Dark Silver Plum.
Old 2008-10-22, 10:11pm

We are getting more in January. I know lots of people are looking for it!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-10-23, 3:01am

Thank you for answering my question....Dawn

Old 2008-10-23, 5:44am
Yorkies Rule

okay dumb question...after you flash it thru the flame , do you still anneal at 950 or lower..heard somewhere that it won't reduce properly unless its in the kiln at a lower temp.
Old 2008-10-23, 3:22pm
metallics freak

i anneal most of my beads at the low end, around 920...and i get a beautiful matte luster with this glass everytime.
hope that helps!

Old 2008-10-23, 3:27pm
yukue fumei

Amber--I need help with this glass--did you reduce it for the matte color to show? I am oxidizing it like regular Dark Silver Plum and I get a shiny grey color like regular DSP...
any help is greatly appreciated...thank you!

nagi