No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2012-08-21, 12:46pm

Default Which Tucson show?

Hi all,

I'm looking at Tucson shows for February and can't seem to make up my mind. My non-lampworking vendor friends say that To Bead True Blue is the best one, but looking at the exhibitor list it seems like Best Bead Show is the one that most lampworkers turn up at.

Does anyone have any opinion about either of these shows? It looks like To Bead True Blue had some problems a few years ago, but I haven't seen anything in the forums here since about 2008, so I don't know if that's good or bad. Or, for that matter, would you do both if you had the money?

Ugh. I'm so bad at the decisionmaking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by LoneTreeStudio; 2012-08-21 at 12:47pm. Reason: left out words!
Old 2012-08-23, 5:07pm
Ex-lurker

I have done both shows. The first Tucson show I did was To Bead True Blue and I had a good show. I just couldn't get past the promoter lying to your face and switched to The Best Bead Show. I am happy there. This year it seems everyone moved around a lot. Not sure if it helped their bottom line or not, but I will continue to do Best Bead until I choose not to do Tucson at all.

Just my two cents.....

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2012-08-23, 7:32pm
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

^^^this, agreed.
Old 2012-08-24, 4:50pm

I do Best Bead Show.
Old 2012-08-25, 2:58pm

Thanks for all the help and insight everyone! I really really appreciate it (I always worry a bit about new shows, and new shows I've never been to make me a bit panicky )

Old 2012-08-25, 3:20pm
Bigger, longer, and uncut

I've exhibited at Best Bead in February, 2011, September, 2011, and this past February. I'll be there again for the September show in two weeks.

Can't pass along any insight concerning being a vendor at To Bead True Blue. I went through it as a shopper in 2009, and it struck me as more of a high-end flea market. As I remember, admission is charged. Best Bead is free.

I really like John Ianucci. My husband and I have been treated very well by Best Bead. It seems like THE venue for handmade lampwork.

Old 2012-09-12, 8:04am
Still makin' flowers...

John is wonderful at the Best Bead Show.

I did True Blue the year that they threw some of their vendors out in a tent without telling them that was where they'd be. There were live electrical wires in puddles and a lot of people were really concerned. I was in the ballroom and made costs but not much more.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!