Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-04-24, 1:34pm

Default Whats the best Salmon Pink Color

Whats the best Salmon Pink Color?
I use 104 mostly.
I made some out of bullseye but it really looks more pink than I'm looking for.
I tried mixing my own, but must be stupid.
Can anyone give me a hint on whats a great color.
Thanks so much

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-04-24, 2:12pm

try effetre carnelian opalino maybe?
Old 2013-04-24, 4:58pm
Salt Box Beads

One of my all time favs. Came out middle of 2007.

Vetrofond Orange Sherbet
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-24, 5:12pm
Loving learning

This might help you with mixing your own (for colors & amounts)
http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads...or%20chart.htm
Old 2013-04-24, 5:21pm
Dix Harrison

CIM Phoenix is cool....
Old 2013-04-24, 5:22pm
Lampworkaholic!

If you don't mind 96, this Dark Pink Coral is beautiful:

http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...ID=22&pID=1882

If that is too pink, maybe Reichenbach Flamingo, which comes in both 96 and 104.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-04-24, 5:49pm

I haven't tried it, but have read that Devardi has beautiful salmon/peachy colors.

Barbara
Old 2013-04-24, 6:03pm
I like to melt things

I like Lauscha Peach Blush, and Artistry in Glass has it on sale right now for 75% off.

http://artistryinglass.on.ca/LAUSCHA...-REACTIVE.html

-
-
Old 2013-04-24, 6:33pm

Thank you everyone. I love all the ideas

Old 2013-04-25, 10:58am
SCIENCE Teacher!

Drew Fritts book has some great glass color recipes. It's worth the investment. If you buy it new from the author he'll sign it too.
Old 2013-04-25, 2:08pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
If you don't mind 96, this Dark Pink Coral is beautiful:

http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...ID=22&pID=1882

If that is too pink, maybe Reichenbach Flamingo, which comes in both 96 and 104.

What am I doing wrong with Flamingo? I have the 104 variety and when I use it for anything I get a really weird bruised arm color from it.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2013-04-25, 2:28pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribeads View Post
What am I doing wrong with Flamingo? I have the 104 variety and when I use it for anything I get a really weird bruised arm color from it.
Bruised arm? Like black and blue? Picture?

I get a peachy pink. I'll look for an example or make one tomorrow.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-04-25, 3:32pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366929025.206475.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  77.5 KB
Here's an extreme version of the color I am getting. I did sort of overheat the bead and then I marvered. I just got this color so I haven't done too much with it but I was surprised when I pulled stringer and it turned this purple bruise color. I had hoped to use it for kitty noses.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2013-04-25, 3:48pm

Thanks Lori
I just ordered a 1/4 pound.
I mixed up a couple colors today mixed mango, white and some I mixed up. It turned almost black.
When I used bullseye salmon it turned almost the same color as yours.

Old 2013-04-26, 6:39am
KAS Lampwork Beads

If you don't mind using Devardi, they do have a few shades of salmon that stay salmon-y.

My ETSY STORE:

Old 2013-04-26, 6:50am
Missing presumed fed

Maybe you accidentally discovered the decent purple that's been eluding us in 104 for so many years. If you can repeat it, you may be on to something.

I haven't made kitty faces for a while, but when I did, I think I used either tongue pink or powder pink. Depends on the color of the cat, though -- one of my (real) cats has a nose that's basically terra-cotta colored, while another's nose is pastel pink.
Old 2013-04-26, 4:32pm

I've never used Devardi. Who sells it?

Old 2013-04-27, 8:35am
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribeads View Post
Attachment 137231
Here's an extreme version of the color I am getting. I did sort of overheat the bead and then I marvered. I just got this color so I haven't done too much with it but I was surprised when I pulled stringer and it turned this purple bruise color. I had hoped to use it for kitty noses.
Lori - You aren't doing anything wrong. If that is Flamingo, it is a cool odd lot and I'd buy more if you remember where you got it.

Here's what I get from Flamingo 104. It's almost more of a pink caramel than a true salmon pink.
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-27, 8:38am
Lampworkaholic!

And did we forget Bullseye Salmon Pink?

Old 2013-04-27, 9:59am

Have you tried mixing orange and white effrete?

Old 2013-04-27, 3:13pm

I've mixed orange , white and pink and came out with a nice salmon. I tried the bullseye and it came out close to Lori's color. I don't know what happened there.

Old 2013-04-27, 8:28pm
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene Balkcum View Post
I've never used Devardi. Who sells it?
That's the name of the company. They're online!

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.