LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-11-12, 7:45pm

Default Perfecting the Pansy with Leaves and Honey Bees

It's huge, and it's done. It wasn't easy playing with glass pansy flower directions while watching our retirement investments evaporate...but it's here now. It's $100, or $75 if you bought my first ebook.

This ebook is too large to mail so has its own password protected website where you can print it or go there whenever you like. I'm selling it on etsy, and perhaps here, too. Please don't share. If you buy it, it's for your beads only. This has been my best seller both on ebay and etsy for many years, and I never get tired of making Pansies...happy little Winter flowers that don't freeze (here).

As usual, I offer free email instruction as long as you like.

Love, Helen ♥

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-12, 8:21pm
da General

Helen - how does it work with printing from the website? Is it a pdf we can download? If not, how does the pagination work? I print all my tutes out and have them by the torch!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-11-12, 8:31pm

Yes, Hayley. It is in pdf format, and it has a left margin map w/ a small view of the page you're on. I have not printed it yet. Let me go do that now, and I'll let you know. ♥

Old 2008-11-12, 8:38pm
Live and Let Live

Congratulations on your 2nd e-book, Helen! Bless you for sharing your amazing talents with us...

Old 2008-11-12, 8:40pm

I'm printing it now, Hayley. The left margin map with the thumbnails doesn't print with it, just the pictures and instructions. You right click and save it to your desktop or wherever you like. It was just too large to mail. I think I'll start making smaller ones. Thanks.

Old 2008-11-12, 8:42pm

Thanks, Lisa! I love writing. It's a legacy.

Old 2008-11-12, 8:46pm
Mad about Glass

Helen, are you going to create a Cabbage Rose tutorial? I would adore that.

Jenn

[url]

Old 2008-11-12, 8:52pm

Ooh, Hayley, it printed beautifully, with the 33 page numbers centered and perfect margins. It is too thick to staple. How do you bind thick printed ebooks?

Old 2008-11-12, 8:54pm

Yes, Jenn, I will write the Cabbage Rose Ebook someday, but I think I'll work on my Dragonfly next...short and sweet.

Old 2008-11-12, 8:55pm
da General

Yes, I have a wire-o binding machine and have the combs for up to 1/2" thick book. I may have to get this from you after my vacation . . . leaving Friday!

Congrats on the second ebook!!!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-11-12, 8:57pm

Hayley! I lOVE your Flowers, Hibiscus, right? Look at those layered petals, and shading! Crystal botanicals that will never die. Thanks for showing me.

Old 2008-11-12, 8:58pm
da General

Hehe Helen - I didn't think you saw them (I deleted them coz I wasn't sure if this thread was appropriate, prolly should have put them in your first eBook thread) . . . so I just pm-ed it to you. lol!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-11-12, 9:00pm

Thanks, Sweetie! I thought it was rather good advertisement.

Old 2008-11-12, 9:04pm
da General

Okay . . . they are BACK! lol!

And yes, I grew up in Hawaii so I figured that I would try the state flowers!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-11-12, 9:10pm

Merci, Madame!♥

Old 2008-11-28, 12:02pm

Default Pansy pics

Here are a couple of pansies I made since I got the latest Perfecting the Pansy with Leaves and Honey Bees tutorial!

I can't wait till I perfect them, lol. I grabbed the wrong transparent for the center of the top pansy and it was my latest pansy. The one below was my second one.
Attached Images

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2008-12-03 at 9:03am.
Old 2008-11-28, 12:11pm

Wow, Carol! You're blowing my mind. Those are some awesome FIRST Pansies!!! Can't imagine how beautiful and varied your FUTURE Pansy Garden will grow! Wish I could go turn on my kiln to make some, but party cleaning is on the agenda today. Carry on. ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-11-28, 12:15pm

Thanks, Helen! I want to go turn my kiln on and make more, too but I am making Thanksgiving Dinner a day late.
Old 2008-11-30, 8:59pm

Default another pansy

I hope this one is better, I love each one more than the one before.
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-30, 9:21pm

Beautiful, Carol, and I really LOVE those double Leaves, very cool! ♥

Old 2008-12-03, 9:04am

Thanks, Helen, I'm glad you like my leaves. I made triple leaves last night to go with a rosebud I made.

I am so excited to get my roses in the mail that you made. I will treasure them forever!

My poor pansy went swimming last night because I was too rough with it and let it get too cold and it broke away from the mandrel with only two leaves on it. I knew it was hopeless. It was 2 in the morning so I called it a night. I hope to grow some more soon

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2008-12-03 at 9:07am.
Old 2008-12-03, 3:53pm

I know what you mean, Carol. My left hand turns into a rotiserie, keep that mandrel turning. I actually haven't made beads for over a week! I've been cooking and cleaning for my open house and need to get back soon. Keep up the good work! ♥

Old 2008-12-05, 12:18pm

Default first and last

The yellow pansy was my first try after reading your wonderful tutorial and thinking I could remember it all without referring to it as I made the pansy, lol.

The pink and aqua pansy I made with the tutorial by my side at the torch (only one small burn so far) using the tutorial step by step all the way through. I think it's better. I hope so!

All those wonderful pictures in the tutorial are great, Helen!
Attached Images

Old 2008-12-05, 4:55pm

Oh, Carol, they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and all the sweet comments. Love, Helen ♥

Old 2008-12-06, 2:05pm

Thank you, Helen. I wouldn't say sweet things if they weren't true!
Old 2008-12-06, 2:21pm

Wow those are gorgeous pansy's Carol. I absolutely love the blue one.

Debbie
Old 2008-12-06, 3:37pm

Thanks, Debbie, it is my favorite so far too
Old 2009-01-19, 9:06pm

I'm so proud of Carol! Check out her Pansy on this site. Go, Carol! Spring's coming!♥

http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?n...oduct_id=50353

Old 2009-01-19, 10:32pm

You are really inspiring me lately with your beautiful flowers, Helen!

It's time to quit making dogs and make flowers, LOL.

Thanks! I think tomorrow I will go back to making these pansies. I've been missing it!

Carol
Old 2009-01-19, 11:27pm
I speak Murrini!

Wow, Carol! Gorgeous!!!! I especially LOVE the color combo...I wouldn't have thought they go together...but they compliment each other perfectly!!!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro