Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-04-29, 6:45pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Default Anne Mitchell @ The Mandrel July 27/28

Yup...

http://www.themandrel.com/index.php?...age=page&id=36

Creating Fine Silver Bails for your Lampwork Creations
July 27, 2013 10am - 5pm

$255 +Kit Fee to Anne
(sign up for both workshops and pay $245 ea)

Chain Making Workshop (click here)

A light lunch and water will be provided. Please free to bring
anything else you would like for the day.

This is the class that lampworkers and lampwork bead collectors have asked me to teach for the last 3 years. In this full day class you will learn my techniques for setting delicate lampwork beads in unique fine silver settings. You will learn dapping and punching techniques for end-caps, slider bar assemblies for barrel beads, hook connections for elongated barrel beads and my signature forceps style spinner bail for those (problematic, I don't know what to do with this amazing) disk beads. Class will consist of working with 3 professionally crafted lampwork blank beads made by JC Harrell and by the end of class you will be ready to set your own creations or those beads from your personal collection.

Pre-requisites: None
Skill Level: All Levels
Techniques: Metal Forging, Fusing, Riveting, Texture & Patina

Materials needed: Kit fee payable to Anne is $85

Tools for use in class will be provided.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.themandrel.com/index.php?...age=page&id=37

Fine Silver Chain Creations
July 28, 2013 10am - 5pm

$255 +Kit Fee to Anne
(sign up for both workshops and pay $245 ea)

Bail Making Workshop (click here)

A light lunch and water will be provided. Please free to bring
anything else you would like for the day.

Have you heard the one about fine silver being too expensive? Or, the
one about fine silver being to soft for jewelry construction? Let these myths about this amazingly affordable and structural medium be put aside and join me for a full day of fine silver chain making. In only a matter of hours I can help you can unlock, refresh or just fine tune your fine silver fusing techniques. I have 17 years of metals experience that I can share
with you. During this one day intensive, I will go over winding, cutting, joining, fusing, texturing, work hardening and patina for the chain that you will start and finish. By incorporating my kitchen table-top, Low Tech Metalsmithing™ techniques you too can stop buying ready made chain and finish off your own jewelry creations with chains that you have made yourself. The only limit to this technique is your own imagination.

Pre-requisites: None
Skill Level: All Levels
Technique Focus: Creating, fusing, texturing and patina for fine silver chain making

Materials needed: Kit fee payable to Anne is $85

Tools for use in class will be provided.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anne started her creative career over 25 years ago as a professional
lighting designer. Looking for another outlet for her artistic energies, Anne began teaching chain making and metal working approximately 13 years ago for just pure enjoyment. During those years, Anne found that the creative outlet provided by teaching as well as a consistent demand for her classes was too alluring to deny. Leaving lighting behind in 2003, Anne is now a full-time designer, teacher, and author.

www.annemitchell.net

=======================

Contact Donna at The Mandrel to sign up
50% non refundable deposit is required to reserve your seat

310 413 9789 or DonnaConklin@TheMandrel.com

www.TheMandrel.com
The Mandrel is located in Harbor City California
approx 10-15 miles SE of LAX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-04-29, 6:46pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Here's photo of what you will be learning.
Attached Images

Old 2013-06-12, 12:26pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Still have a few open seats...

And I'm offering a payment plan... just shoot me an email and we can work it out.
TheMandrel1@yahoo.com

Old 2013-06-12, 1:51pm

I so wish I could come to this. Ann had a presentation at The Gathering last year and I'm just in love with her techniques. Should be an awesome class!
Old 2013-06-12, 2:08pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I love her stuff... she was at the Glass Craft Expo in April and I'm just kicking myself for not getting anything. I'll have another chance though =)