LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-02-21, 8:29am

Thanks Dale! I'll give that a try next time I get on the torch. I know they are awfully wonky- I think they are pretty hilarious, but it was fun just playing around. I know that is the first thing to work on- the wonk.

How much glass should I be working with? These beads are about the size of a fingernail. Am I starting out too small?

Thanks for the advice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-02-21, 8:55pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by junko View Post
Thanks Dale! I'll give that a try next time I get on the torch. I know they are awfully wonky- I think they are pretty hilarious, but it was fun just playing around. I know that is the first thing to work on- the wonk.

How much glass should I be working with? These beads are about the size of a fingernail. Am I starting out too small?

Thanks for the advice!
I think they are awesome for first beads, it took me weeks before my first beads even looked near as good..... Work with what ever size gather you are comfortable with at first and then try bigger or smaller.... Its all about learning about the "nature" of the medium...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2011-02-22, 8:14pm
in my happy place

Very nice first beads June, I love the color of the top one. They look much better than my first beads!
Old 2011-02-23, 7:09am
We are all meant to shine

My first response was WOW, those are her first beads? I can't wait to see what you do when are really into it! I always thought those little enclosed porches looked like the perfect place to set up a studio, so bright and sunny. Its fun to see the excitement of a first time studio - brings back memories - Thanks for posting.

Old 2011-02-23, 7:26am

Aww, thanks! First day was definitely better than the second, and I didn't have time to torch yesterday. We shall see about today!

Old 2011-05-04, 8:21pm

I too am in a very cold garage in Ohio and have a tip....toasty toes. I buy them at Lowes and stick them to my socks before I put on shoes. They really work to keep my toes warm!

Lanford BeadWorks
Old 2011-05-04, 9:27pm

Love your space,can't believe you set all that up in 2 days and did the cleaning,you must really have been motivated!