LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2014-04-09, 5:17pm

Default Exhaust Fans

I work in my carport and finally want to create a portable setup with a 6" hydroponic exhaust fan approx. 500 cfm. I find economical prices on ebay...problem is they won't ship to Hawaii. I checked everywhere I can think of in Hawaii and come up empty. Any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA Member #F10

Diane
Old 2014-04-10, 1:28am
Alaska Boro

IMO using 6 inch duct work is too small for the efficient movement of air. Consider 10 to 12 inches. Use a 10 inch fan on this end with 10 inch smooth duct work.

If folks will not ship, try a freight forwarder. Send to Seattle or LA which ever is used for shipments to Hawaii. Yes, it does cost more overall, but at times is necessary to get around the "we will not ship" issue. Perhaps UPS to the coast and then by ship to your island. If they will ship USPS then freight forwarding is not necessary.
Old 2014-04-10, 12:30pm

Do you still think 6" is too small when I work in an open carport? I appreciate your advice also regarding the shipping. I think I'm going to have it shipped to my daughter in San Diego and pay her to ship it to me from there. Thank you for your advice.

SRA Member #F10

Diane
Old 2014-04-16, 9:32am
Shelarious

How big is your carport? Is it open on all sides?

Old 2014-04-17, 6:20pm

Open on (3) sides with tradewinds blowing constantly.

SRA Member #F10

Diane
Old 2014-04-17, 6:56pm
Salt Box Beads

I found several hydroponics supply houses/stores in Hawaii. They can easily order a fan and all of the equipment you will need.

Here is one to get you started:

http://greenhandsofaloha.com/index.php?cPath=21
Old 2014-04-18, 10:47am

Thank you all for your help and advice!

SRA Member #F10

Diane