No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-06-28, 7:45pm
Out of the biz

Default Opalino/Alabastro Green?

Since my organics are finally starting to see some action in the wonderful world of eBay, I'm looking for some new color combos. I've got a couple rods of what looks like Opalino or Alabastro green sitting here and it has a somewhat chalky, somewhat translucent appearance.

Anyone have any experience with how these colors react with ivory and/or silver?
Old 2005-06-29, 4:49am
sunscreen me baby

I wish I knew your answer. I have a little bit I ordered a while back and haven't used it yet. I do remember seeing it used as a base bead for florals and it was really nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-06-29, 5:26am
Back from the Dark Side

I know some of the opalinos look great with Silvered ivory stringer. Carnelian especially. I haven't tried the colors you are talking about. You need to work the opalinos a bit cooler, otherwise they pop like crazy and you can burn all of the color out.

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2005-06-29, 7:07am
Out of the biz

Default And the answer is

Opalino green appears to do. . . . nothing with silver or ivory, or silvered ivory stringer. It maintains it's pale green color throughout, but it just covers up silver (or the silver burns off its surface). The SIS looks all right on it, and might spread out a bit more than normal, but otherwise this stuff looks pretty nonreactive.

Still, great for segregating sections of silver or other colors, since it appears to avoid being 'pushed' by the spread of other colors. I like it, just not sure how to use it in the beads I make.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Last edited by Sam_W; 2005-06-29 at 7:38am.
Old 2005-06-29, 7:30am
Back from the Dark Side

Sam, thanks for sharing the results! I would love to see pictures!

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now