No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-11-03, 3:05pm
Bead semi-newbie

Default arrow springs catalog on web

aaaagh, old now and am totally lost at finding the procedure to see the glass supplies listing in the arrow springs website. Geeze, i need some black glass, how hard could this be. thanks.
LOVE silver glass
Old 2012-11-03, 3:11pm
Storm Queen

Sara, they no longer sell glass online. If you call I think you can still place an order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-11-04, 7:58am
It's about having fun!

What???? ah, just when I was finally going to make an order! And that's a really big deal for me... shoot, now where do I go? hmmm
Thank you! Joni
Old 2012-11-04, 9:32am

Howaco, Frantz, Mountain Glass Arts
Old 2012-11-04, 9:43am
Bead semi-newbie

There was some talk that they were no longer going to do classes and when i asked, i did not get a response. They had a huge building in Cameron Park and the website says they are now in Placerville. I bet they have downsized and have condensed their operation. I like Frantzartglass.com for their variety of product and their quick and efficient shipping. Frantz doesn't sell the Bella Donna line which Arrow Springs invented, right? my plan was to get the Bella Donna and some black to save shipping. I am grateful to everyone who is willing to be in a business that requires a big inventory and product development these days. Sorry that their business has changed.
LOVE silver glass
Old 2012-11-04, 9:50am

Since you are in CA you might consider C R Loo. They have some of the best prices around and are located in your part of the country. Here's a link to their online price list. You can download it as a PDF or as a spreadsheet which is a lot easier to search.

http://www.crloo.com/Batch-Equipment...ools-Dept/286/

Andrea
Old 2012-11-04, 9:55am

You can still order Belladonna glass. Hover on Catalog, then Glass Info, then Belladonna, and when the page loads, scroll to the bottom of that page for shopping.
Old 2012-11-04, 10:15am
Bead semi-newbie

CR Loo is about a 5 hour one way trip from my house now, but in Santa Cruz maybe 2 hours, yay. i will just have to order the bella donna directly from Arrow Springs and hang my plan to combine glass needs to get the free shipping. Their Honey Glaze frit on top of DH Helios makes one kick ass combo. VERY light reduction.

Andrea: thanks for the tip CR Loo reminder. They had moved a year or so ago and I showed up early in their "move-in" process to see their biz. i just can't imagine moving such a heavy and dangerous product and all then deal with the location issues within the warehouse. i am an old museum registrar and moving anything becomes overwhelming. In my old world, you misplace one "hoochie" and it could be a million dollar mistake.
LOVE silver glass
Old 2012-11-04, 3:42pm

I agree with you Sara about moving. We moved here to MO from Florida (don't ask) and DH insisted on doing the packing of all my studio as well as the rest of everything. Unfortunately he forgot to pack my collection of antique laces and a couple of other things. Almost became my "INsignificant other". He still hangs his head every time he hears the word lace...

Andrea
Old 2012-11-04, 4:42pm

Yes, they did make an announcement that they are no longer carrying glass other than BellaDonna - I will tell you, if you are looking for a great black for stringer work, BellaDonna does rock!

Dori

Well behaved women seldom make history ~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich
Old 2012-11-04, 4:55pm
Bead semi-newbie

Geeze, wish i had know when were offing their stock, even cleaning up behind the dumpster probably would have been fun. Maybe they sold everything to another distributor and it wasn't laying in piles on the ground in Cameron Park. yeah, dream on Sara

i have had a moment of silence for the lace...
LOVE silver glass
Old 2012-11-04, 10:54pm
Slogan Challenged...

Frantz has free shipping through tonight! Might save you the trouble if you're ready to order.

------------
Kristin ~
Old 2012-11-05, 7:21am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Arrow springs is selling off their Effetre/Moretti in random assortments, 3 lbs for $14.95. Great price if you like surprises, especially if you order enough to get to their free shipping on $50 or more.

L-111

Old 2012-11-05, 10:20am
Bead semi-newbie

The Frantz shipping deal is if you buy $100 and i maybe need 1/2 pound of black and then i want some Bella Donna...................just my luck. oh well, thanks for the heads up.
LOVE silver glass
Old 2012-11-05, 10:33am
Who me?

So sad, now i have practically no reason to buy from AS.
Old 2012-11-05, 6:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eregel View Post
Arrow springs is selling off their Effetre/Moretti in random assortments, 3 lbs for $14.95. Great price if you like surprises, especially if you order enough to get to their free shipping on $50 or more.
They have a similar deal on Bullseye - 26 rods for $29.95, unmarked, could be anything.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon