AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-04-07, 9:32am

Thanks, Kim, got the first one fine. Thanks for all your hard work - the tutorial/pictures look great. Now for some ppp!
Old 2012-04-07, 11:34am
Senior Member | Jenelle

Kim this tut is brilliant and much appreciated! Thank you so much Daniel & Jenelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Old 2012-04-07, 11:40am
doyenne of the homebodies

I'm so excited to dig into this! Thank you, Kim. Today is family day but tomorrow I'll be at the torch.

Andrea
Old 2012-04-07, 4:28pm

Ackk! Just tested out my kiln using the cheapie way Kim talked about in this tut. My kiln is brand new and is running 90 degrees hotter than what the digital controller reads. No wonder my beads always came out like mud. Thanks very much Kim! Love the tut.

Hope I'm not giving away any secret info by posting this!

My Ebay

Last edited by glasslass2; 2012-04-08 at 7:23am.
Old 2012-04-07, 10:11pm

[quote=Carolyn M;3957769]It won't be very useful for this glass. Kim's tut covers Terra original and new hand pulled and fast striking Terra. Generally striking silver glass doesn't work well on a hothead.

Thanks for the info Carolyn, I'll just have to admire all of the beautiful beads that you all create.
Old 2012-04-08, 11:03am

I don't that you gave any secrets away, Kat. We all need to know the proper temp in our kilns for the striking type glasses.
Old 2012-04-08, 5:19pm

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I hope I'll be seeing Terra beads from you all soon.

Happy Easter!

Kim

Old 2012-04-08, 7:51pm
Queen Tut ;)

I couldn't resist trying my Terra before this tutorial. Now I know why they came out terrible. Can't wait to give this a go. Fabulous tutorial, like always

Old 2012-04-09, 6:18am

Thanks Jenne! Hope you find it gets you over the hump!

Old 2012-04-09, 8:12am

Kim,

Congratulations on releasing another beautiful tutorial, it was well worth waiting a couple of extra days for it! Looking forward to when I am out of production mode and can experiment.

Nikki

Old 2012-04-09, 8:38am

Awww...thank you, Nikki! Looking forward to seeing your beads!

BTW, I just started a Gallery thread for the tutorial, so if anyone wants to post pictures or needs help troubleshooting their results, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

Let's see your "Taming Terra" tutorial beads!

Old 2012-04-09, 2:58pm

Kim - Thanks for the great tutorial. Don't have pictures yet but used fast striking yesterday. Had mixed results but got beautiful color over Silver Brown and White. The pinks, purples and blues are amazing and were achieved very easily. Haven't tried the one that likes to be encased. This is my first go around with Terra and I'm just now having a love affair with it. It is yummy glass

Old 2012-04-10, 8:00am

Thanks for posting, Roberta -- glad you're having a good time with Terra and the tutorial! If you need any help troubleshooting, I am keeping an eye on all the related threads on LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadsGoneWild View Post
Kim - Thanks for the great tutorial. Don't have pictures yet but used fast striking yesterday. Had mixed results but got beautiful color over Silver Brown and White. The pinks, purples and blues are amazing and were achieved very easily. Haven't tried the one that likes to be encased. This is my first go around with Terra and I'm just now having a love affair with it. It is yummy glass

Old 2012-04-10, 4:30pm

Darn! Missed the pre-order... Too much traveling to Baton Rouge and head in the tax files.... (kicking herself in the butt)

Old 2014-03-09, 11:10pm

Ack. I just purchased the tutorial and a bunch of DH Terranova 2.1, thinking "Terra" was simply short for Terranova. Do the techniques still apply to Terranova 2.1?