Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-10-14, 8:12am

Default Dear Frantz,

You've been getting kicked around a bit here by lampworkers who were disappointed about not getting the scrap box bargain you offered this weekend. Some have expressed it more politely than others, but I'd like to be a clear voice for another perspective. To be entirely clear I'd have to use language that is not permitted outside the bathroom, so please feel free to insert the more colorful vernacular liberally throughout my post.

I was one of the lucky people who got the scrap box. Thanks so much for offering it. I did not win the trip to Italy last year, or even get selected as a finalist. Thanks very much for offering that too.

There is discussion about you modifying your website for real-time inventory. It's a great idea, but if it is costly, PLEASE DON'T DO IT! I'd rather be able to get bargains on glass, though I know it usually means waiting for a sale or getting some other locals to go in on a buy. That means a little labor, but it's worth it to get your bulk discounts.

And as long as I'm getting things off my chest, I think you got totally (insert colorful vernacular here) on the shipment to Mexico that went awry a year or two ago. At the time I wasn't in the mood to get flamed for deviating from the prevailing sentiment, but now I say (insert colorful vernacular here).

I don't always get my way from your company, but on balance, I'd say you come remarkably close. Please don't let the voices of a few disgruntled customers determine your future direction without careful consideration of those who are quietly satisfied with the status quo.

Love,
beadbroad

p.s. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider the whole trip to Italy thing? I'm really fun and I'm a picky eater, which means you get everything from my plate I don't want. That includes red wine and chocolate. Really. Check the vault, maybe there's another one in there.

Last edited by beadbroad; 2008-10-14 at 8:58am.
Old 2008-10-14, 8:26am
Megra Farbot

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I didn't get a scrap box, but then, I didn't order one.
I'm just amazed they are willing to offer such a fabulous deal, even in limited quantites. Lest we forget the losses they had this last year, having to send back $150,000.00 worth of glass, just two months ago! But instead of raising prices, they offer us more deals!!!

Thank you Mike, Patty, and all your employees. You do a fabulous job!
Old 2008-10-14, 1:07pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I would like to interject.

I also was one of the ones not chosen for the trip
to Italy. Despite Beadbroad "claiming" that she is a picky
eater (which we know is not true. There is youtube video
documentation that shows her CLEARLY cleaning her plate
at a local Olive Garden) I would like to state that I am
almost ALWAYS on a diet.

Therefor, you would not be just getting scraps from my
plate. I would be presenting you with choice vittles and,
of course, all my desserts.

So don't get deceived by the false propaganda that
beadbroad (if that is her real name) is offering you for
your consideration on the Italy trip. I offer you, not
only change, but CHOICE. If I am selected, I will live
off of breadsticks and water for the duration of the
trip. Can my opponent offer that? I think not.

Don't be deceived by false promises. Pick Karen Hardy
as your travel mate.

You will never go hungry again.....

paid for by the Get Karen Hardy the hell out of the USA coalition.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-14, 1:14pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-14, 1:15pm

LOL!! Ya'll just ain't right!!! I didn't get a box either, didn't order a box, and think you guys at Frantz are very fair. As for the trip to Italy, well, I always pack snacks to take along!

Old 2008-10-14, 1:29pm

Default wanta go to Murano?

Sometime next year I will return to Murano and I would love to take all of you with me (yes, there are a few exceptions!).

If you are on a budget of around $2,000, then a full 7 days on Murano might be just right for you.

While the cost of flying to Venice will change with the seasons, you can find yourself a seat sometimes for as little as $800 round trip.

I have a friend who owns apartments on Murano, and the ones that I love will sleep between 2 and 4 persons. The rates for the rooms also change, I would guess that around $40 per night is a good average. Less people in an apartment will bring the price up, the more in an apartment, the less you would pay.

Breakfast.........each apartment has a kitchen, coffee is cheap to make and there is a bakery about 3 minutes from the apartment, so breakfast could be $1. If you go to a restaurant for a coffee and roll, that will cost you $3, but if you go to the Danelli Hotel, a nice breakfast would cost you around $100!

Lunches can be eaten out when you are away from the apartment, but cheese and bread do not cost much. Eating lunch out can run $10 and up.

Dinner can be pricey, I have spent as little as $10 and as much as $175 for dinner. It is nice to eat some dinners in the apartment, some at moderate priced places and then have one or two exceptionally nice meals.

With getting to Murano taking two days and a day to get back and a full seven days in Murano, TEN days is a nice number of days to be away on vacation.

So you got airplane ticket at $800
A warm bed, kitchen, toilet at $350
Food eaten in and out at $350.
Transportation and museums $100.

So as you can see for $1,600 you can go to Murano for a week. With the airplane ticket the most expensive part, you could stay another week for another $800.

The only expense I have left out is if you go with me, we go to Effetre and you get a chance to buy glass, that can cost you plenty!

Yes, I would like to eat your deserts and left overs!

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2008-10-14, 1:36pm
One Crazy Mama

Quote:

going to murano with mike, priceless

just sayin'.....sounds like an awesome mastercard commercial

Old 2008-10-14, 1:37pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Quote:
The only expense I have left out is if you go with me, we go to Effetre and you get a chance to buy glass, that can cost you plenty!

Mikey

This is the one that worries me.
And hands off my dessert.
Unless you're willing to share yours...

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2008-10-14, 1:42pm
Melting

Quote:
going to murano with mike, priceless

just sayin'.....sounds like an awesome mastercard commercial
I totally thought that was where he was headed with that!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2008-10-14, 4:29pm

This thread has left me in a much better mood, although I now have a bone to pick with Karen Hardy. Get it? Ha ha, bone to pick? Ha, hah..ech cough.
Old 2008-10-14, 4:34pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Quote:
Sometime next year I will return to Murano and I would love to take all of you with me (yes, there are a few exceptions!).

If you are on a budget of around $2,000, then a full 7 days on Murano might be just right for you.

While the cost of flying to Venice will change with the seasons, you can find yourself a seat sometimes for as little as $800 round trip.

I have a friend who owns apartments on Murano, and the ones that I love will sleep between 2 and 4 persons. The rates for the rooms also change, I would guess that around $40 per night is a good average. Less people in an apartment will bring the price up, the more in an apartment, the less you would pay.

Breakfast.........each apartment has a kitchen, coffee is cheap to make and there is a bakery about 3 minutes from the apartment, so breakfast could be $1. If you go to a restaurant for a coffee and roll, that will cost you $3, but if you go to the Danelli Hotel, a nice breakfast would cost you around $100!

Lunches can be eaten out when you are away from the apartment, but cheese and bread do not cost much. Eating lunch out can run $10 and up.

Dinner can be pricey, I have spent as little as $10 and as much as $175 for dinner. It is nice to eat some dinners in the apartment, some at moderate priced places and then have one or two exceptionally nice meals.

With getting to Murano taking two days and a day to get back and a full seven days in Murano, TEN days is a nice number of days to be away on vacation.

So as you can see for $1,600 you can go to Murano for a week. With the airplane ticket the most expensive part, you could stay another week for another $800.

Yes, I would like to eat your deserts and left overs!

Mikey

OMG, I want to go !!!!

Kathy

Old 2008-10-14, 4:47pm
too many rods in the fire

Me too! Sign me up! But hands off the pasta and the desserts - you may, however, have my vegetables.

Old 2008-10-14, 4:59pm

Dammit.
Drool just doomed another keyboard to an early demise...

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-10-14, 5:13pm
I'm a lilac!

I'll go! Sign me up!
Especially if a bunch of other crazy bead people are going!

Old 2008-10-14, 5:14pm
M & D Designs

The trip of dreams
Old 2008-10-14, 5:23pm
I'm not Barbie.

take me, TAKE ME! I'm newly single and lookin for a good Italian (or otherwise) man!

And, BTW, I've had nothing but great customer service from you Mikey and everyone working there! Kudo's to a job well done!
Old 2008-10-14, 5:36pm
BeadsonCypress

1. My family is Italian (so I will fit in)
2. I can fly out of NY (cheaper)
3. I have been to Italy before (but not Murano)
4. Maybe if I get to go I will not eat so I will have more $$ to spend on glass (and lose some extra lbs....hmmm I could leave everything I take to make room for more GLASS!
5. I can cook (Italian style and many others!)
6. I can clean
7. I can melt GLASS (to help you choose what to buy more of!)
I could keep going.....

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2008-10-14, 6:35pm
Oh No You Didn't!

I think you should take me. I've never ever been out of the country.... in fact, I've only been out of California a couple of times on trips to Vegas.

Therefore, I deserve to go more than anyone else......LOL

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-10-14, 6:50pm

This thread makes me feel so much better. That other one was just ticking me off!

I bought my first very basic HH start-up kit over seven years ago from Frantz and have continued to shop almost exclusively through them since and am now a full-time beadmaker. I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER had one complaint or anything but exceptional customer service from them.

Sign me up for the trip too! I've never been to California or Florida, let alone out of the country! Can you even imagine how much fun that would be?!?

Amy

Old 2008-10-14, 7:26pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
This thread has left me in a much better mood, although I now have a bone to pick with Karen Hardy. Get it? Ha ha, bone to pick? Ha, hah..ech cough.
Don't bother me. I'm power-eating - gotta gain enough weight so
I can handle the week-long fast in Italy.

I'll be ok so long as there's no Cannoli in the picture....

Old 2008-10-14, 7:43pm
Live and Let Live

I can live on Tiramisu, bread and cheese for a week. Where do I sign up?

Old 2008-10-14, 8:02pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
I can live on Tiramisu, bread and cheese for a week. Where do I sign up?
Me too...

...and you can keep the bread and cheese.....

Old 2008-10-14, 8:53pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I have my passport in my hot little hand!!! AND I have SkyMiles!! Never been to Italy, but I've been to Spain, Cuba, Honduras, Mexico, Bahamas, Oklahoma and Arkansas! Put my name on the list! I stocked my studio last April at the Frantz booth in Vegas! I can survive sleeping on the floor and eating crumbs!!
Old 2008-10-14, 9:20pm
Angel's Mom

Default I can live on Diet Coke and Pop Tarts for a week

The less you spend on food, the more $$ you have to buy glass.

And I hate red wine, so it's all yours.
Old 2008-10-14, 9:28pm

I would be the perfect candidate for the trip. I did win a spot in the finals too!
What could be better.
I come loaded with goodies, candies and snacks.
I come fully loaded with ummm tranquilizers.
I'm funny. I'm smart and I don't fart so you wouldn't have to worry about sitting next to me :-} I barely eat 2 meals a day and if you give me a fresh loaf of warm bread and butter...I'm good to go!
The best part is that you could have your choice of whatever sized hammer you'd like to bring to knock me out.
Now what could be better then actually having the permission to kick the chit outta someone!

Old 2008-10-14, 9:57pm

I want to go too!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-10-14, 10:04pm
Master Procrastinator

OMG!!! I SO want to go!!!

Old 2008-10-15, 9:59am

Default What Have I Started?

I am serious, I would love to take a large group of crazy beadmakers to Murano! Us Crazies can feed off of each other, thus we do not need to eat food.

We already act like we have been drinking too much red wine, so there is no need to drink.

While most beds are singles, there is room for a total of 13 guests in one apartment building. That includes 9 single beds and two double beds (for those of you who need or want to spoon). While there are other apartments, the prices are a bit higher, but some of us may have a few extra euros for the luxury rooms!

No need to pay to get on water boats, Mikey will teach you how to steal boat rides!

I just do not want to organize it! Ok, I can organize it a bit, but finding the date that:

1. Everyone can be gone
2. Everyone can find a ticket
3. Apartments are available.
4. The type of weather that suits everyone
5. Have enough money or miles to make this dream come true

I can find out about the apartments, once a period of time is figured out to go.

Some facts about when to go are:

airfare and apartment rates and other related travel expenses cheaper in winter.

February is party time, but also wet and cold and crowded
April and May it can be cold or warm, windy, medium crowds
June and July is crowded and more expensive

My favorite times to go are when some of my favorite glass artists are at home working.

My least favorite time is when the factories are closed

I love it in middle May to mid June, nice weather, but really I have only been there until end of May, I am a weather wusssssssy!

If those of you who have sown interest in this want to put a trip together, then we should leave LE and go to
for back and forth communication.

Be prepared to lay down to me a deposit of around $500 or so. This money will be used to pay for apartments and your other expenses, but I only want those who are serious about this trip to go.

At some point before I get the deposit I will arrange to have the apartments put on hold and once I do that I will be send money to Murano and once they have the money, there are no refunds on apartments and your down payment for the apartment will be more than the actual cost.

The reason for this is that if 4 people want to share an apartment and the cost is around $40 per person, maybe less, but probably no more. But if four people want to share and then two decide not to go, then the cost could go up to $50 per person or more, and if three change their minds that one person might have to pay $100. So by putting up a certain amount, it makes it so that if you bail out of the trip, the person still going will have a great room to themselves for a very small price. If somebody wants to not go, we will try to find another person to go. The problem is that you just can not decide to go a few days before, so all of this has to be figured out early and I need to make my calls and see when the apartments are available. The owners of the apartment would give me a few weeks to make my final decision and you then would have to make the commitment and put your money where your mouth is. Once I have your money it goes to Italy and no refunds on apartments unless somebody takes your place.

Everything else is easy. There is always flights to Murano and I can make suggestions, but if you are using your miles and you want to go business class, you better start looking today as good seats are hard to come by when you use your miles.

So if any of you are really serious, then start thinking about dates and I will send an email to Italy and see what is available.

Are we interested in just having fun or do we want a class with an artist?

With classes, well, you are taking classes and not being a tourist, fine with me, but I prefer just to sleep late and visit Murano and Venice. Actually we can do whatever we want to do and I will put together a program based on everyone's needs.

I want no cry babies, I want tough people whose feelings will not be hurt if things do not go the way you want them. If you are looking for comfort above what the apartments offer, I can supply you names of hotels ranging from $100 to $1,000 per day!

mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2008-10-15, 11:05am
I'm a lilac!

I am dead serious: I want to go! I'm no prima donna; I usually sleep in hostels when I travel, and I take what comes. I've never been off the continent and this sounds like an ideal, and affordable, arrangement!

Old 2008-10-15, 11:32am

It sounds totally rad to hang out in Murano with a bunch of crazy glass people! I'll take any wine that you dieters have to pass up, *hic*

|