Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2014-09-04, 10:54am

Arrow Ginger Seiple in Maine--Metalsmithing Workshop--Oct. 11-12, 2014

Ginger Seiple -
Cluster Rings & Grasshopper Bracelet or Pendant Project

October 11-12th, 2014/Saturday & Sunday
$390. plus Materials Fee (see individual class descriptions)

We welcome back Master Metalsmith, Ginger Seiple, who will be teaching this two-day workshop October 11-12, 2014. This fun and exciting class is for advanced beginner to intermediate jewelry students... and is designed to increase several metalsmithing skills.

'Cluster Rings' will be the Sat workshop, and on Sunday the student will choose their project: the 'Grasshopper Bracelet' or the 'Pendant Project'.

For more info, please click here.

Please call 207-594-7805 and/or email <hotglass@midcoast.com> to reserve your seat! Then, please submit our enrollment form to complete registration.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-09-04, 3:04pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

I'm in!!!

And I will be done grad school by then!

Pam
Old 2014-09-04, 6:04pm

Ginger is a wonderful person and a fabulous teacher!
Old 2014-09-04, 7:52pm

Oh hell!!! If you can give me 3 weeks to pay for the class, I am in!!

Yes, oh hell, yes. Kristi also wants in... know this cuz she sent me an email about it a while back.... Kristi-- where are you???? lol

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2014-09-06, 3:06pm

Yea Sue and Pam!

Yes, Ginger is, indeed, a wonderful person, and a fabulous teacher!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-09-07, 6:31am

Of course I'm in! Love Ginger's teaching style and her work!
Old 2014-09-09, 9:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeadgal View Post
Of course I'm in! Love Ginger's teaching style and her work!
Yea, Kristi! Yes, yes, and Yes!

Old 2014-09-23, 6:45pm

I reserved the 2-room suite at The Old Granite Inn for overnight Saturday. Kristi and I are in. Pam- are you our third? Anyone up for a 4th? They are separating the king bed into 2 twins so we have 4 twins available.

For anyone who hasn't stayed at The OGI, you are in for a treat! Breakfast is about the best gourmet that I've ever had in my whole entire life! The rooms are comfy and the company will be the best.

So... Pam? Anyone else for the 4th?

Sue
Old 2014-09-25, 7:40am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
I reserved the 2-room suite at The Old Granite Inn for overnight Saturday. Kristi and I are in. Pam- are you our third? Anyone up for a 4th? They are separating the king bed into 2 twins so we have 4 twins available.

For anyone who hasn't stayed at The OGI, you are in for a treat! Breakfast is about the best gourmet that I've ever had in my whole entire life! The rooms are comfy and the company will be the best.

So... Pam? Anyone else for the 4th?

Sue
Oh, very good Sue!

... calling Pam and Alice... Ring, ring...

Old 2014-09-26, 4:14am

YES!!! Received confirmation from Pam and Alice that Pam found someone to watch her pups so they'll be the 3rd & 4th to share a room at The Old Granite Inn.

And... Pam and Alice just happened to be passing by my house last night and stopped in! (Sorry for the mess, ladies-- Spooky doesn't care that I'm not Suzy Homemaker but, ugh on me when people stop in!)

And after Pam called to say they were close, my phone rang and it was Kristi telling me Pam and Alice were crashing at OGI with us!

My after work hours were chock full of excitement yesterday. I never have visitors and it was nice. (Still sorry for the clutter! lol)

We went through some of my beads. I'm having a hard time picking a long tube bead for the necklace project.

Anyway, I'm off to work but wanted to drop back into this thread.... cuz I am EXCITED!

Sue
Old 2014-10-02, 7:20am

Yea! We're excited, too! It's going to be a fun, full workshop!

And don't forget, if you'd like to complete a set of the bonus demo earrings during the workshop (Ginger will present at the lunch-time demo)($8 add. mtls fee)----bring a pair of headpin "drops"! (Any type of ball or tab on a wire)(the wire goes into the silver tube). --Pictured are a pair of my tabs made with a Jim Moore stamp that Ginger has worked up into earrings.

Old 2014-10-02, 10:20am

I am sooooo looking forward to this class. AND we have to remember to salute Pam because she is now a GRADUATE!!!! Kudo's, Pam. Way to go.

Sue
Old 2014-10-04, 10:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
I am sooooo looking forward to this class. AND we have to remember to salute Pam because she is now a GRADUATE!!!! Kudo's, Pam. Way to go.

Sue
Oh, absolutely!

And now, I can't wait for Pam to go for her doctorate because we all know how conversant she is with Ph and D!

Old 2014-10-11, 4:09am

I'm heading out shortly- bkfst @ MickeyD's on the road and fill up the gas tank on Verona Island. Game plan: arrival 8:45-ish and class starts at 9!

If it wasn't nailed down, I packed it for this class! lol

Sue
Old 2014-10-13, 8:15am

Hi All,

I'm back home after this wonderful class and want to post pictures for posterity. Ginger was a wonderful teacher. We had so many great projects going on. What an amazing amount of talent she brought out in us.

We had 7 students and I knew all but Robin- but now I know her, too! We had Kristi, Sheila, Pam, Alice, John, Robin and me. I took a lot of notes and there were great handouts, probably have all I wrote down in them but it never hurts to take notes, right?

We all made "stacking rings." They ranged from 3-4 individual rings that, when worn together, fit into a stack that give a lovely cluster ring look. I think it was Alice who had 5 stones, Pam with 4 and Kristi, John & I all had 1 stone on each of our 3 rings. I'm in awe that Pam soldered 2 bezel setting on one ring! I did well with ONE! lol

Pictures:

Some of Ginger's work:

This is a reversible pendant: side 1

Reversible pendant: side 2

These are Ginger's rings:

Alice

John's rings, made for wife Donna

John modeling Donna's rings! (I told him I was gonna post this picture and he had no issues with it! That's one great hubby... )

Kristi's rings in the design stages

My first ring of 3 in my stacking set

Sue's ring stones (red, white blue on right) and Peridots for pendant project on left

Sue's first ring done beside the two that still need to be finished

Kristi and I showing our rings. Kristi is on the left and that's me on the right

Soldering station set up

Pam and Kristi working at the soldering station

Earring Design that Ginger did a demo on during lunch. Several of us made earrings... mine are in pieces that I'll have to finish on my own!

Alice's earrings

The next day, we were on to Bracelets or Pendants. Kristi made a bracelet while the rest of us went with pendants. John had a lot of fun just making and setting stones in bezels that day.

Alices's pendant in the works

Sheila's Pendant design

Sue's Owl Pendant design

Sue fleshing out the Owl Pendant design a bit further

Pam's Pendant

Kristi went with the Bracelet and here is her design in the works

After the "curli-q's" were soldered on and bezels have been soldered on

This is Kristi's bracelet with the stones just setting in the bezels. It was not finished at this point but I was heading for home shortly so grabbed a picture.

I have more pics to come but I thought I'd get your viewing enjoyment going!

Sue
Old 2014-10-13, 8:28am

Nice pics Sue! Such a fun weekend, too bad it should end. And now we plan for the next one!
Old 2014-10-13, 9:30am

More pictures and text! I forgot to say that Kristi, Alice, Pam and I overnighted at The Old Granite Inn. My apologies to them for all my snoring! It's always a treat to wake up at The Old Granite Inn as you start your day with a marvelous gourmet breakfast.

We met a nice couple from Missouri at breakfast who were vacationing in Maine! It was fun hearing their experiences of their trip- and knowing they were going to Bar Harbor on Monday, well... just had to tell them where my house is so they could wave as they drove by!

And here are more pictures!

This is what the Stacking Rings look like when worn.

This is what they look like if you separate them

Ginger helping with a polish, probably on my rings! I am terrified of the buffing wheel. It is a monster lying in wait for me... scares me awfully. I admit to asking for help with this step.

Kristi soldering

I knew I should have written the name of this down but it's something like GSE System... it was an amazing piece of equipment for holding your jewelry piece while you install the stone into the bezel setting. All I can think of to compare it to is a gyroscope, something that moves and swivels all over the place... really nice to work with.

My 3 rings and 7 bezel settings. My owl piece was supposed to have 4 peridots but it would up with 3 cuz I had one uncooperative bezel setting!

My stones and bezel settings

Ginger's bracelets

Sue
Old 2014-10-13, 9:41am

This is a picture of my finished owl. I wish I had not made it quite as wide but I was worried that the leaves would make it so the owl wouldn't have room to fit into the "cage."

Sue
Old 2014-10-13, 1:09pm

What a fabulous class!! You guys did a great job! The thingy you're thinking of, Sue, is called a GRS Benchmate System. It's a handy little rig!!

Old 2014-10-14, 11:23am
Playing with Fire!

Sue, we now have a GRS Benchmate as part of the studio equipment... If you need it, please come and use it!

Playing with Fire!
Old 2014-10-19, 8:57am

Sue, thank you for posting all the great pictures! You took a whole lot'o'pics! Thankfully! I did get a few, but I love that you got so many of the stages in progress.

Thanks to Ginger, such a great teacher, and to everyone who made this such a great class!