AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2011-11-14, 3:49pm

Found this in the recent supplement from Rings and Things!!!

http://www.rings-things.com/blog/201...her-bracelets/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-11-14, 6:11pm
Still makin' flowers...

That's right Irene! This wrapped bracelet, along with the shamballa are THE BIG THINGS right now. Its really important again for me to underline that neither Rings N Things nor myself have copied these off that single designer's bracelet. These bracelets are everywhere and we learned to make them decades ago. Its just really successful (and expensive) marketing that has given these items a come-back.

Okay, off my soap box now!

You can also find a whole myriad of tutorials on this style on YouTube.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-11-14, 7:02pm
N2Beadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post
Okay, off my soap box now!
Jump back on that soap box and enjoy just a little bit of credit!!!
You took the time to start a thread here on LE with some instruction and pics to carry the craze forward. Your time and efforts are enjoyed by many members here and we ThAnK YoU!!!

Also throwing out a BiG X10 to Donna who has been helping this thread along by fielding questions.

Old 2011-11-14, 7:19pm

It was wierd Hannah that I found that. I still haven't finished my shamballa bracelet from your tutorial. Need time! I didn't post that to offend anyone. I love your stuff and appreciate all the help you provide. That was just somethng I found so thought I would share it too

Old 2011-11-14, 7:59pm
N2Beadz

Oh Reenie, you didn't offend anyone around here. I think we've all been searching out info on this bracelet since seeing the trends towards it. Since coming across this thread I've been all over Youtube seeing all the different techniques to working this up. I've come across three different ways of working it that look interesting for different reasons. All this viewing things with it needs to turn into playing with it for me.

Old 2011-11-14, 8:08pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by donia View Post
You took the time to start a thread here on LE with some instruction and pics to carry the craze forward. Your time and efforts are enjoyed by many members here and we ThAnK YoU!!!

Also throwing out a BiG X10 to Donna who has been helping this thread along by fielding questions.
Awww, thanks!

Old 2011-11-14, 8:33pm
Duchess of Dichro

Quote:
Originally Posted by donia View Post

Well said!!

Old 2011-11-14, 8:52pm
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
I didn't post that to offend anyone. I love your stuff and appreciate all the help you provide. That was just somethng I found so thought I would share it too
Oh, goodness, no I wasn't offended! I just heard that Rings N Things has actually been considering taking their free tutorials off their site, so I just wanted to restate something I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

Thanks to EVERYONE for their kind words.

And, of course to Donna.

!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2011-11-15 at 6:59pm.
Old 2011-11-15, 4:55pm

Smile Free tutorials aren't going away!

Hi - I create many of the tutorials for Rings & Things and just wanted to let you know they are not going away. In fact, we are trying to create more of them, so if there are tips and techniques you want to know more about, please feel free to email me.
Thanks!
Cindy
Old 2011-11-15, 7:18pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post
Oh, goodness, no I wasn't offended! I just heard that Rings N Things has actually been considering taking their free tutorials off their site, so I just wanted to restate something I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

Thanks to EVERYONE for their kind words.

And, of course to Donna.
Oh Hannah! And everyone else, you really don't need to thank me at all! I just like to help where ever I feel like I can.

We all love a good free tutorial!

Old 2011-11-16, 9:42pm

Couldn't resist giving this a try too!!

Old 2011-11-25, 11:14am

love these, making bunches of them

R-118
Old 2011-11-25, 1:36pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Ok....I totally want one A multiwrap one. Anyone willing to make one in trade for some lampwork goodies?

-Yee

Old 2011-11-25, 4:00pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I can show you three multiwraps I have made. Hope to put them here tomorrow!
Old 2011-11-25, 5:48pm
Still makin' flowers...

Kathy, looks great!
Yeepers, you'll love it.
Can't wait to see yours Pat!

!
Old 2011-11-25, 8:40pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks HannahRachel, for another obsession!!! LOL I love doing these things. They do go a little faster after the first one.
I haven't set my camera up for a while and have been putting it off, so this is a good reason to do it! A bead from Yeepers!! well, maybe.........
Old 2011-11-27, 12:05pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Hannah,
I wish this was the tutorial I paid for I LOVE this bracelet!! It was tough at first...always with something new. But it was fun and turned out great!! Thanks SO much for posting this!! I really want to make more!!
I made mine with a cotton cording and waxed poly cord cause it was what I had from the other tutorial - shambala The cotton cording is not stiff so that might have even made it tougher but it still worked out.

Hey, do you know if I can use all this embroidery floss I have on this bracelet?

Ok, a pic..... Thank you!!!!
Attached Images

Old 2011-11-27, 1:20pm
Your Royal Fritness

I love the colors Glassymom!

I made this double wrap to wear for Thanksgiving. My daughter was home from college and guess what... I don't have it anymore You know they must be popular if my daughter likes them, she does not like to wear a lot of jewelry. I need to go buy some more pink crazy lace, I loved this bracelet
Attached Images

Old 2011-11-27, 1:43pm
Mr Brutus RIP

ooooh dawn I'm not suprised she took it!! Its beautiful!!

Old 2011-11-27, 2:59pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Ok, my attempt to post pictures only took two days!!!

Old 2011-11-27, 3:42pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Pat, very pretty. love the pink and brown one

Are you all using leather cords and what do you think about using embroidery floss for the part that goes through the beads.....?????

Old 2011-11-27, 6:15pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thank you, Glassy. I am using leather cord. I might try the suede since I have some, but the leather is not expensive and comes in lots of colors. I have a kajillion of embroidery floss, too, and I think it would be safe to use. I would run it through bee's wax and use as many strands as you can. Probably only two strands would work, but the #12 cotton would probably work too.
Old 2011-11-27, 6:58pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Thanks! I'm using lampwork on a 1/16 mandrel.......had no probs with the c-lon going through them so hopefully the same with the floss. what does the bees wax do?

Old 2011-11-27, 8:21pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Bee's Wax will give some more strength to the floss. I run everything through it, then run the thread between your fingers to smooth it out. There is a product called Thread Heaven you should be able to find in a quilt shop. It is on the web too. I bought it first for hand quilting. It also stops fraying and tangling. It is only $2-3...I would send you some if I could find the 10 little boxes I have!!!LOL...they are unfortunately hiding...

You can also use regular bee's wax, just make sure it is pure.

Last edited by pittypat; 2011-11-27 at 8:46pm.
Old 2011-11-27, 9:04pm
Mr Brutus RIP

I have a little hunk of beeswax out in the studio.......I'll drag it out tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help pat!!

Ya know, I have one of your jars of burn cream. My son works outside and is always getting sunburned on his ears. It works so awesome to help cool them down.......of course if he would just use the zinc I got him he wouldn't get the burns but I can't seem to get that into his thick head! Your burn cream is awesome!!!

sue

Old 2011-11-29, 6:23am
Space Cadet

Thanks for posting the tutorial Hannah, can't wait to give this a try.
Then again, maybe not ......... you're gonna make me spend.

ETA:
While I was looking around for supplies I found this web site again
(I ordered stuff a few years ago and then lost the bookmark).

http://www.store.jewelsinfiber.com/nylon.html

Good prices on C-lon and the best rates around for international postage.

Last edited by *Sally*; 2011-11-30 at 5:27am.
Old 2011-12-12, 3:11pm

Donia told me to come over here and show these.
I've been having a LOT of fun making these! So I'm going to be a picture hog. lol

And that's just the ones I took pictures of.

Old 2011-12-12, 8:41pm
Cat Winx

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
Donia told me to come over here and show these.
I've been having a LOT of fun making these! So I'm going to be a picture hog. lol

And that's just the ones I took pictures of.
OMGS... those are absolutely gorgemous!

~Rachel

Old 2011-12-13, 4:21am
Your Royal Fritness

Just Beautiful!

Old 2011-12-14, 8:27am
Still makin' flowers...

Rebecca! I love the version with the dangles. Of course I always think everything is better with fringe...

Pat: Good work - and I'm glad you didn't give up on the photo-adds. The pieces are beautiful and your photos look great with the wood.

!