Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-06-30, 10:09am

Kimberly I have sent you a PM as to not drag allegations out in public but please don't let it be confused I have no alterior motives... just sick of getting the run around by a company that by all accounts make the best torches on the market... and sick of you telling me things that I was personal witness too didn't happen... I guess we will have to agree to disagree...

I'm also glad to see that instead of accepting I have a problem and trying to figure out what went wrong you just personally attack my newness on LE and lact of total posts... Glad to see everyone is really accepting of new people here... Glad the GTT representative is so helpful and nice, really wants to make me do business with GTT...

Last edited by fireside glass; 2009-06-30 at 10:12am.
Old 2009-06-30, 1:46pm
PyronamixK

*Original post removed by author*

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing free customer service for GTT, nor am I doing any more favors for them or defending them or their reputation.

Wally will not acknowledge that I have been of any help. Oddly, he says that I should be providing customer service for free and without any compensation or thanks because I am Willy's wife. Of course, neither of the two girlfriends he has had that worked for GTT have ever worked for free. Oh, he made a rule about no GFs or wives working at GTT in order to keep me out of the company. His rules did not apply to anyone he bedded down.

Please direct your questions to:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

570-835-9777

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 2:54pm.
Old 2009-06-30, 2:43pm

Kimberly,

I guess speakerphone means I absolutely didn't hear any of those phonecalls... So glad that I contacted you privately so that you could slam me publicly, which is exactly why I didn't give you full names, since maybe they don't wanna be contacted by you the pitbull... So glad you asked me to resolve it privately so you could then use it publicly...

I'm done talking to you... All I wanted to do was find a dealer with a GTT torch that I could get without having to wait an unspecified undisclosed hard to find info about time, but all you wanna do is attack my personal happenings of what I have seen firsthand, I can't prove what I saw with my own eyes (I have a bad memory with names) in terms of ways you call proof, and the stuff I can proove I don't want to cause of the way you handle yourself...

If anyone has a Lynx in stock in their store or know of one please PM me, otherwise I am done with all this...

Last edited by fireside glass; 2009-06-30 at 2:59pm.
Old 2009-06-30, 3:26pm

There's a guy on the GLDG bulletin board that has a "like new" (according to him) lynx for sale. I bought a torch from him before and it was exactly as advertised.
Old 2009-06-30, 3:28pm
PyronamixK

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing free customer service for GTT, nor am I doing any more favors for them or defending them or their reputation.

Wally will not acknowledge that I have been of any help. Oddly, he says that I should be providing customer service for free and without any compensation or thanks because I am Willy's wife. Of course, neither of the two girlfriends he has had that worked for GTT have ever worked for free. Oh, he made a rule about no GFs or wives working at GTT in order to keep me out of the company. His rules did not apply to anyone he bedded down.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

570-835-9777

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 2:55pm.
Old 2009-06-30, 5:30pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Threads like this make me sad

GTT STILL ROCKS no matter how long you wait for a torch!!! I love all 7 of mine!!! and will be ordering and happily waiting for number 8!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2009-06-30, 6:00pm

OK, this is getting crazy. First a bit about me. I can be outspoken IF I think I'm being treated unfairly. Usually, thankfully, I am mistaken.

Therefore, Fireside, whether you're correct or whether Kbinkster is correct all she is doing is requesting the last name of the other party. She isn't requesting it for her benefit. Kbinkster is a GTT reseller (is that the correct word?). She needs that in formation so she can forward it directly to GTT. GTT then takes that information, looks into theior database to confirm the information.

I can second the notion that GTT does NOT collect funds in advance for their torches.
I honestly feel that is a good business practice---more manufacturers should follow in those foot-steps...there would be less problems in the industry.

Fireside, I too have a torch on order from GTT. I was impatient at first and Kbinkster responded to my post...and I thought it was a bit agressive as well. She explained where she was coming from and what the process was at GTT. I thanked her for the info and clarification. I respect her for not only the explanation she gave me, but also standing up for a company and a product that is revered by many members here.

So lets ALL put this bickering to rest.

Have a great evening

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2009-06-30, 6:26pm

Don't have a dog in the fight but I must admit I am a "I want it now" kinda gal. I blame that on my parents. One temper tantrum and I got what I wanted when I wanted it. Spoiled brat I am for sure! Not sure I could wait for a torch, BUT I have heard fantastic things about GTT and if they were available in stores on the shelf, I would buy one in a minute, if I had not already bought another brand.
Old 2009-06-30, 8:35pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I have a Cricket and I love it! My credit card was NOT charged until the torch shipped and actually, I think Wally told me it would be about 4-6 weeks for me to receive the torch and I got it in a little over 2 weeks! I think GTT gives excellent customer service. Wally even called me to make sure they had my order correct. I was expecting 4-6 weeks wait, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I got it that much earlier.

I would buy another GTT torch, if I needed one, but I think the Cricket will do a great job for me for a long time! I'm still a noob, so this Cricket is MY big girl torch!
)

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2009-06-30, 8:56pm
Tacki

Trust me, the wait is 100% worth it.
Old 2009-06-30, 10:32pm
PyronamixK

570-835-9777

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 2:55pm.
Old 2009-07-01, 4:20am

Well, Kimberly, I really shouldn't be posting since I have only read the last page, but the image of you as a pitbull is just soooooo cute. I can see you now with a pink bow around your neck and perhaps a flower tucked behind your ear - oh, yes, and pink nail polish on your four feet. The picture is just too great! Oh, and don't forget your little puppies trailing along behind.

Oh, and btw, I have never known two more honest and helpful people in my life as the Willy/Wally team, and their torches are the best and I would wait a year for a torch from them and not complain!

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-07-01, 6:42am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Quote:
Well, Kimberly, I really shouldn't be posting since I have only read the last page, but the image of you as a pitbull is just soooooo cute. I can see you now with a pink bow around your neck and perhaps a flower tucked behind your ear - oh, yes, and pink nail polish on your four feet. The picture is just too great! Oh, and don't forget your little puppies trailing along behind.

Oh, and btw, I have never known two more honest and helpful people in my life as the Willy/Wally team, and their torches are the best and I would wait a year for a torch from them and not complain!

So accurate on both parts!!
I think she my even have a few beads on that pink collar

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2009-07-01, 10:40am
Evil Glass Enabler

I've always been pleased with the service I've received from GTT. The one time there was a mix up and we didn't get the cleaning kit we ordered they were polite, helpful and took care of the problem. We have several of their torches and some day I hope we have even more. My daughter loves her Cricket. I just wish we'd known the sparkle blue was an option at the time as blue is her favorite color.
Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2009-07-01, 7:15pm

Angelique, I'm *sure* if you ordered her a sparkle blue cricket, you'd have NO problem @ all re-selling whatever color she's got now in the garage sale

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-07-01, 9:02pm

Heres the deal. If you think GTT is a huge factory your setting yourself for a big disappointment. Their a custom shop! They build very complex torches. And they build a hugh variety of complex torches. No other company can compare ( big or little ) even if its a big factory. Let me just say this for the record " THANK GOD MY TORCH DID NOT COME FROM CHINA " I still believe that a small American custom shop produces the most innovative and best quality items on the planet.

Now GTT is not blameless. Their business practices have room for improvement. I found out the hard way that communicate is really the best route to remove the amber's from the backside. But I would trade a wait for a sucky torch any day.

Understand when you custom order a torch your going to have to sit by the mail box longer then you want. But the pay off will be worth it. If its a GTT torch.
Scott

ESTY

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2009-07-02 at 2:48pm.
Old 2009-07-02, 12:02pm

I too am waiting on my cricket and I ordered it about 3 weeks ago. I'll be on vacation in Indy when it comes probabley so you will have to let me use yours!!
Karen
Old 2009-07-02, 1:51pm

Well said Scott. I love my Cricket and will definitely buy another GTT torch.
Old 2009-07-02, 2:16pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

I was told it would be TWO weeks for delivery when I ordered my Cricket. It ended up taking SEVEN weeks. ("Production issues", is what I was told after 2 and 3 phone calls; having given up on email.)

I ordered a sparkly green one. I asked if it would take longer and was told, "Heaven's No." Hm... even though it cost more, I wanted that green one, and since it wasn't going to take any longer, I did it.

I have to say though, I LOVE my Cricket, despite the lead time. Would I do it again? YES. In a heartbeat. Though I wish I had another torch as a back up incase my Cricket bites the big one! Waiting that time was torture to me.

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2009-07-02, 2:23pm

You know, I've had a backup torch and backup kiln for years and, guess what, never used them! I do think it's a necessity if you are in a business where you have to deliver in a timely manner, but otherwise, I honestly don't know if it is worth the investment. Something to think about.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-07-02, 2:52pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

Hi Pam!

First of all, I just found you in Cindy J's Beads of Glass. I recognized you right away from your avatar.
That's sooooo neat!

I have 3 kilns (because of my porcelain) and use them all for one reason or another. I don't have a back up torch, but while I had to wait for my Cricket, it WAS torture. I just didn't want to forget what I had learned prior to ordering the torch. And I have to say, it was several days before I became comfortable again. Hey, newbies need constant reassurance!

I'm just the kind of person who likes to have a back up, hence my 3 kilns, lots of excess paints, and now adding glass to have backup for! Yeah, I know, I'm crazy!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2009-07-02, 3:00pm

Well, for whatever it is worth, I love my GTT and would order another one in a heartbeat. I've called them before with questions too, and Willy/Wally (can't remember now which) answered the phone himself and was very patient and helpful. Their torches really are amazing, and totally worth waiting for IMO.

Old 2009-07-02, 9:02pm

Back in '05 when I started down the path of glass addiction, I did a lot of research before purchasing a torch. In the end, it was apparent that GTT was the cream of the crop, so I ordered my Phantom. Was it delivered on time? No, but it got here, and I was a happy camper.

Fast forward to '09. My Phantom needed cleaning. I ordered a Cricket, and upon its arrival, sent in my Phantom. I wasn't given a delivery date for the Cricket, but it arrived in 2, maybe 3 weeks. I figured my Phantom would be out for a while. Wrong. It was back in a month.

The moral of this story: good things come to those who wait.
GTT rocks, and their torches are worth the wait (long or short).

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-07-02, 10:04pm

I ordered a lime green one today! I can't wait! Well I can, I have my mini CC to keep me happy unitl it arrives! Willy/Wally and Kim spent time on the phone with me helping me figure out how to hook up oxy cons and torch when I was setting up my studio. I had not bought anything from them at the time. You can tell they really care about their customers.

1 of my oxy con's quit working back in March. I found out today it was the compressor. I will be calling Kim this time so I can order from her. I should of done that the first time. I paid $200 for a used one that lasted 9 hours before dying. I finally found the time to take it in for repair. They laughed when they saw it. I guess it was a dinosaur!

Diane

Old 2009-07-02, 10:08pm
one day at a time

I have got to get one of these torches some day soon because my Bobcat is driving me nuts on my 5lpm concentrator with the much slower melting flame. At my main studio I use the Bobcat with my 18psi oxy generator and it's a really hot big flame. I think the Cricket would be best for the concentrator then.

Gotta get one!
Old 2009-07-02, 11:27pm

Quote:
Does anyone know of ANY stores that have ANY GTT's in stock, I would be willing to buy in a one of a number of diffent sizes if it is in stock and not a 'to be build after order'... I will not order a torch directly from GTT because of thier business practices (i cannot wait months for a torch and be lied to on the phone, and it seems they always have 'issues' that aren't their fault, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...) If you online store has anything from cricket to mirage size PM me and maybe we can make a deal (please in stock and not made to order only...)....

Kevin Sterbakov
Fireside Glass
anybody that has ever met Willy or Wally or dealt with them before knows this is bullshit. These 2 guys work hard to deliver the product people want....if you have a GTT torch it is a work horse,and the customer service after you purchase is exemplary!!!

Old 2009-07-03, 12:05am

Ok, I have *one* Cricket in stock .... a purple one.

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2009-07-03, 2:48am
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs up

LOL Great idea but if I order her a sparkle blue one I get the sparkle purple one.
Angelique

Quote:
Angelique, I'm *sure* if you ordered her a sparkle blue cricket, you'd have NO problem @ all re-selling whatever color she's got now in the garage sale

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2009-07-03, 6:56am
Moving On

ooooh, now I wish I had a sparkle one.....

Old 2009-07-03, 1:43pm
The Crazy One

Quote:
Ok, I have *one* Cricket in stock .... a purple one.

Malcolm
MINE!