Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-11-19, 6:00pm

Red face Etsy question? Suggestions please!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but....I'm totally new to Etsy but sick of Ebay so I decided to go for it today. Spent most of the day trying to set it up and got one item listed for sale. Would you guys mind checking it out and making suggestions on what I need to change?!

Also, where's the best place to state that you offer combined shipping at a flat rate plus .50 per extra item?! (I'm kinda spoiled from the bay I guess!)

Thanks for the help!!!! Here's the link
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5400920

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-19, 6:33pm
Satake Woman!

I would switch your third photo with your first photo. The first one is the one that shows up as a thumbnail, and I think your 3rd one is more eye-grabbing.

As for shipping, I state it at the end of every auction. It is in the shipping details at the bottom, but I think it is nice to have it in print too.

You also need an avatar! If you use the same one you use here people will recognize you.

Oh, and great piece! I hearted you. You might want to consider joining one of the groups like Etsy Glass Artists. I belong, and for a $10 a month fee they have a link to my website on theirs, and we do advertising in other places too.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-11-19, 7:18pm

Thanks Jo! I've switched the pics around and it looks much better! (I have to figure out Etsy's cropping deal so I don't lose details from now on!), and I've added my avatar!

I'll use your suggestion to add the shipping info at the bottom of each auction...and thanks for the heart! I'm still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of promoting on Etsy! I appreciate all the helpful info!

Old 2007-11-19, 7:27pm
sunscreen me baby

Looking good!

Now put your etsy link in your signature here.

Go start checking out other people and heart those you like.

Listing one a item every few days is a great way to get seen. That's the listing strategy instead of list times.

I put your item in my favorites so I can put you in a treasury the next time I get one.

Go explore!

~

Old 2007-11-19, 7:34pm
Wandering Spirit

Kara, you go under 'your Etsy' and click 'Shipping Options' and then you can set up different shipping profiles. I have two different profiles, one with just US shipping and one with international and Canada rates. It also has an option to charge xx amount of money for additional items shipped together. Hope that helps, but maybe you already figured it out..
Aja

Old 2007-11-19, 9:08pm

Ok SuzyQ-I'm clueless as to how you got the words in your signature to be the actual link...want to fill me in on the secret? I'll see what I can do in the meantime...
Thanks for the daily listing tip! I'm going to read up on all the heart and treasury business after I post this, but I know it has to do with networking and supporting your fellow artists on Etsy, so thank you!!! (Some day I'll look back on this post and cringe at my ignorance lol!)

Aja-I saw the shipping profile, but it looked dumb filling out shipping "from US to US"! Is that RIGHT for shipping in the US only?! I'm still shy about shipping international because I'm not sure about how you figure the rates....do you go by weight, or is there some sort of magical automatic rate calculator out there?

Thank you all for sharing your tips and secrets with me! It's wonderful to have such a great community to learn from!

Old 2007-11-20, 4:27am
sunscreen me baby

OK, it is hard to tell you because if I post the exact line it will look like a siggy.

url=http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5400920]Etsy[/url

Add the lower case brackets to the front and back of the above. This one [].

~

Old 2007-11-20, 6:31am

WOW! It worked! VERY COOL SUZY!!!!! Thank you so much!