Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-01-23, 10:12am
Just Bead It

Default Love CIM

I love all their colors, but Peace white is my favorite. Much better than any other white I have tried. Buy a few pounds of it cuz you will use alot of it.

Tamara
Old 2009-01-23, 10:25am
Creative Spirit

Default CIM

Canyon de Chelley hands down is my fav, for me it has replaced opal yellow! and second runner up is leaky pen!

Peace Wendy
Old 2009-01-23, 10:42am
Wandering Spirit

Thanks, Lea!

aja

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-23, 5:11pm

Cranberry, lipstick, hades and thai orchid are my favs! There are others I really like, but those are totally "it"!

Old 2009-01-23, 9:56pm
Insomniac Beader

Thanks for all of the wonderful examples everyone! I'm going to try celadon, ming and cranberry.

I'm just coming back to making beads after taking a couple of years off. It's amazing to see how much the color selection and choices have expanded.
Old 2009-01-26, 2:30pm

Well thanks to everyone -- I ordered most of the "favorites" if Frantz had them in stock. There were so many I didn't even have to pay shipping with the sale discount!!! The 35% off was so nice too!!!! They said my shipment should be here before the weekend. I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!! THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE. If I get a chance I'll post some photos here. I made one with Hades and some raku twisties today. If it comes out nice I'll post it too.
Bette bclampwork
Old 2009-01-27, 8:01pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

I have fallen in love with the darkest unique elphaba, but I can't find it lately I am so jealous of some of you who have all of the colors! I really love CIM glass.
Old 2009-01-28, 8:06am
aka Spawn Of Flame

Stone Ground!

--
--
--

Old 2009-01-28, 8:34am
just another glass addict

thai orchid, elphaba unique and peace white are my absolute favorites

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2009-02-02, 9:53pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Pumpkin Unique (dark)
Elphaba Unique (dark)
Butter Pecan Unique (dark)

Old 2009-02-02, 10:13pm

I love simply berry ... no one has mentioned that yet! Also Leaky pen - the color and not the boiling glass that I have.

Old 2009-02-02, 10:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by villa design View Post
Leaky Pen, Lapis, Thai Orchid, Crocus, Ginger... I have too many. LOL...

Base of Lapis

From L to R base of Kryponite, Crocus, Lapis
Such stringer control! UGH! Vanessa you rock!

I've had CiM colors since they came out and have just now ventured into using them
So far...I like Hades but have been hooked on Leaky Pen. It reacts with other colors and it's just really, really fun to play with.
Here's what I made this past week using it.
I plan on using the newer one's tonite to see what they are like.
Fremen and Grumpy Bear look almost identical in rod form. (Not good so make sure every rod is labeled!) The only way I could tell the difference is one has a matte finish and the other has a shiny surface.

Oh Hades is cool for black that won't bleed. Haven't tried Peace yet but after reading how well it stays white, I'll have to try it.
Pink Champagne is also a pretty color and Sangre is wonderful!!!!

Old 2009-02-02, 10:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLilGlass View Post
I have fallen in love with the darkest unique elphaba, but I can't find it lately I am so jealous of some of you who have all of the colors! I really love CIM glass.
Lilli..I have some of the darkest unique elphaba still in stock if you need some. Just let me know if you'd like me to hold some for you!

Old 2009-02-05, 6:53pm

I'm in love with the Dark Cranberry Pink. It acts like rubino but without the black spots I get using rubino on my Hot Head. Many of these beads have the cranberry:

Someone said the black currant spreads. I'm looking for glass that spreads!

Cheryl

Old 2009-02-05, 11:39pm

Cheryl,
Those are pretty awesome!!!! I think I've tried the dark cranberry once but all I got was muddy effects~ I like your pink on orange beads and the opal yellow Very nice.
PS...are you coming by tomorrow???

Old 2009-02-06, 12:27pm

Thanks Irene, I think I'm going to make a whole set of that color combo.

I pm'd you about coming down.

Old 2009-02-07, 5:46pm

I'm so bummed. Chet has to go to care for his mom for at least a week & needs to take all his torching stuff. INCLUDING the Aura Lens shield. I can't find the old pair of didymium glasses (which don't really work over my perscription glasses). It will be clean-up the studio time for me unless I find them. We do have another torch but without eye protection I can't play with the new CIM glass or the shorts I got from Rocio!!!! BUMMER. The studio really does need organized again but that wasn't my plan. Since he may need to do this quite a bit this year I think I may need to just order another shield. That way we could just have a complete set up for me. Anyone have a used one for sale????
Bette