No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2005-06-20, 10:23pm
Yup.

Default JC's Studio

Here's where I spend way lots of my time. First, my chillin chair and lots of stuff:

My desk and more stuff ("clean" is relative, folks):

The torch desks:

I keep the "big" kiln under the little desk when not in use:

Der torch desk with my treasured mailbox kiln:

I keep the Oxy Con under the desk with one fan right behind it and another on the other side of the table near the door:

Yup, more stuff:

Some day, in Costa Rica, I'll have a hot shop. But for now I have just about all that I can fit...

Pura vida,
JC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
Old 2005-06-21, 4:04am

Jc that work space rocks! The color of the room is awesome. I can tell you it looks like you got all your goodies in one spot. My stuff is every where. In every room in the house in the garage. Thanks for sharing your space.

laurie
Old 2005-06-21, 4:07am
Teagirl

Aha, so that's where the Diva of Dots lives!

I'm so pleased I finally won one of your auctions. It's taken me long enough.

-Su

'Modern glass - Ancient roots'
Old 2005-07-14, 3:24pm
Yup.

Thanks, you guys! Diva, Su? Yeah. If you come mess with my stuff, you'll see the diva in me.

JC

~
~
Old 2005-08-07, 12:01pm
Dances With Fire

Hey JC...I wannna retire in Costa Rica and do glass too! I'm only 40 though...so it will be awhile....my middle name is dot too! Maybe we can hook up in Costa Rica in old age! he he

Crystal
Old 2005-08-07, 12:45pm
Yup.

Not too sure why you have to wait till you are old! I'm 28 and plan on living there by they time I'm 30. I'm about as retired as I ever plan on being. Which is a great feeling. Now it's time to live in paradise!

JC

~
~
Old 2005-08-07, 12:51pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHerrellGlass
Not too sure why you have to wait till you are old! I'm 28 and plan on living there by they time I'm 30. I'm about as retired as I ever plan on being. Which is a great feeling. Now it's time to live in paradise!

JC

Oooooh I'm envying you! I'd love to buy a little property in Costa Rica and live like a tropical princess.

Old 2005-08-07, 4:52pm
Yup.

That's pretty much the plan, Kalera! I can't see the benifit to beeing an arctic princess (Brrr... Wisconsin)! Life's cheaper there too, no doubt. So this little princess won't be tempted to spend lots of money. Just surf and make glass.

Pura vida!
JC

~
~
Old 2005-08-07, 5:02pm
boro color bender

Costa's not nearly as cheap as it used to be... property has gone way up... but it's still paradise. It's an old dream of mine to end up there... maybe I'll join you two.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2005-08-08, 1:18am
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Costa's not nearly as cheap as it used to be... property has gone way up... but it's still paradise. It's an old dream of mine to end up there... maybe I'll join you two.
Even in just 2 years I can't believe what has happened there!!! Central America rules. I would be beyond stoked if you joined me! Adam is getting all his health groupies organized and I'm the lone glass artist. They are all VERY entertained by me... but, yeah. Did I remember to tell you that Adam is going to school for the healing arts and our super close friend, a chiropractor, will also end up in CR? They're going to open up a healing center. They figure they can heal all my sick, broken and burnt glass friends (and all the surfers who tried too hard). There is always a place for smiley at my place! Just bring glass.

JC

~
~
Old 2005-08-08, 7:50pm
Dances With Fire

can I come....(no kids)...please please please.....I'll bring kilos of glass! he he ...unfortunately...the mtge in overpriced MA, the kids 7 1/2 ( twins), and custody issues will keep me here at least another 10 yrs...but who's to say what may be possible in 5 yrs or less! I'd love to go now...I am such a free spirit.....but unfortunatley DB is a little more grounded! If I had my way I would sell my house and be a gypsy!...was kinda on that path when I met him....a little late now to switch gears! he he

crystal