No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2005-06-21, 5:22pm
Plumb

Talking My Piece of the Porch

IF I get this right you'll see my little piece of the porch! DH and I enclosed part of our back porch. On one side is my "torching area"! He made me some cabinets that work both ways (he HATED making them!) for my glass stuff and I did all the tile work. The other side is where I put my jewelry together and do my PMC stuff! It was a lot of work, but so worth it!!!!

Smiles,
Priss
if they're not here, don't blame me
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ms-priss; 2005-06-21 at 5:42pm.
Old 2005-06-21, 6:02pm
Fire Borne

Very nice Priss! You planned it out really well! I love the magnetic strips for tools and what looks like frit containers too. The tile work is so pretty! What a great work area and now I can picture you there!

pat
Old 2005-06-21, 6:29pm
Plumb

Ohhhhh, hi Pat!!!! Miss you (but I still have a bead that reminds me of you ) Let me know when you're coming back. Call me and we'll get together!!!

I got the magnetic tool holder really cheap. It's a Wilkerson knife holder! Smokey Mountain Knife Works - $6.99!! They're really strong. Had 2 but my aunt wanted one, so................

Smiles,
Priss

Old 2005-06-23, 1:07pm
I'm a lilac!

Wow, you've got a great space... lots of storage and I love the tile!

Old 2005-06-23, 2:14pm
Redheaded Thread Killer

Awesome studio! The tile is wonderful. I'm just using plain ol' sheet metal for my surface right now (A sturdy, but temporary, desk area.) I love the glass in the drawer! *Perfect* for keeping dust away, dog hair away, and right there when you need it! (I'll have to definitely file that idea away for future studio building!)

=)

Currently... torch is cold. Not sure when I'll be making glass again. Hothead and Lynx user.
Nothing on
Old 2005-06-23, 10:00pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Priss just beautiful! Of course I knew your tile work was going to look amazeing. Love the cabinets your hubby did for you.
Is it always so neat and tidy?

Am I the only one who is looking at it and wondering how you keep form burning and walls working with the torch that shallow. I have to be misisng something. Maybe the tiles are much wider than they appear.
Old 2005-06-24, 10:27am
Dildo Kween!

That's great! Love the tiles too!

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2005-06-24, 8:10pm
Plumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn T
Priss just beautiful! Of course I knew your tile work was going to look amazeing. Love the cabinets your hubby did for you.
Is it always so neat and tidy?

Am I the only one who is looking at it and wondering how you keep form burning and walls working with the torch that shallow. I have to be misisng something. Maybe the tiles are much wider than they appear.

Hehe!!! I keep my torch pointed up! LOL!! It doesn't get too hot back there. I was so afraid it would, but afer testing and testing, I/we decided it was fine. So far, it is. And, it's about 2 feet away!

Old 2005-06-24, 8:30pm
HourGlass Studio

Very Nice !!

I would post pictures of my current studio.....but its all packed up in 2 extra big rubbermaid storage containers, with a 3rd one on the go.