No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-03-19, 9:08pm
yukue fumei

Default Effetre Mocha ID help

I have been enjoying a nice brown color which I thought was Effetre Mocha but when I went to get another rod I realized it is not the same glass. Can someone help me ID this glass? I want the color I get from the rod on the right--ROD B. It doesn't react to colors and is a beautiful medium brown. Any help is much appreciated!
thank you so much

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-03-19, 9:55pm
Spring is coming, right?

CIM Chai? I haven't used mine in a while but I seem to remember the melted end staying that color. My rods have the same light center.

Jocelyn

Old 2013-03-19, 10:12pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Rod B looks like sage or avocado to me.

Old 2013-03-19, 10:14pm
I like to melt things

Rod B looks like it might be CiM Canyon de Chelly to me.

-
-
Old 2013-03-19, 11:29pm
Naysayer

^same
Old 2013-03-20, 12:13am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Rod B looks like it could be Effetre Chocolatta (the original batch). I'll check my stash in the morning.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2013-03-20, 11:38am
yukue fumei

thank you so much--after much stash examining I think it is CiM Tamarind Unique....sigh--an odd lot
Melanie and Ravenesque--I will try the Canyon de Chelly to see if I can use it as a replacement....thank you!

Lori--thank you for checking...I have the Chocolotta dark but it is much darker...

nagi

Old 2013-03-20, 11:51am
yukue fumei

Jocelyn--I haven't tried the Chai-I will go look for it--thank you!
Mary Beth--I love those colors....I had some to compare and they were a bit more greenish but maybe i can try it as a substitute--thank you!

nagi

Old 2013-03-20, 1:29pm
I like to melt things

Oh yes... It might also be tamarind unique #2 which has been renamed Zombie. If that's the case, Canyon de Chelly will be a bit brighter and a bit yellower.

If so, you can still buy Zombie at Frantz:
http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=6298

I love both colours, but they are definitely different.

-
-
Old 2013-03-20, 1:58pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Ok, here are some photos of some of the browns I have:

left to right (or bottom to top, I guess) - chocolatta 1st batch, chocolatta 2nd batch, cinnamon chocolatta, chocolatta verde.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2013-03-20, 2:33pm
yukue fumei

ooh--maybe I will try the zombie--thanks Melanie!
Lori-wow...thank you for the photos! I missed alot of gorgeous colors!! I got the Chocolotta dark(it looks like verde) but the original batch looks so wonderful!

nagi

Old 2013-03-20, 2:47pm
Spring is coming, right?

Artistry in Glass has it in Canada. It's on their website.
Here's the link.

http://artistryinglass.on.ca/CiM-UNIQUE-RODS/?page=2

Hope this helps.

Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Old 2013-03-20, 3:13pm
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieG View Post
Rod B looks like it might be CiM Canyon de Chelly to me.
That's what I was thinking.

~

Old 2013-03-20, 3:14pm
sunscreen me baby

Oh nevermind, I see the mystery was solved.

~

Old 2013-03-20, 3:28pm
Disconnected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
ooh--maybe I will try the zombie--thanks Melanie!
Lori-wow...thank you for the photos! I missed alot of gorgeous colors!! I got the Chocolotta dark(it looks like verde) but the original batch looks so wonderful!
Nagi, the Zombie is gray, what you want is the first Tamarind Unique (773-1), or the original Tamarind (which I'm running out of ) not the 773-2.

Zombie http://www.creationismessy.com/color.aspx?id=127

Tamarind Unique 1 http://www.creationismessy.com/color.aspx?id=197

Old 2013-03-20, 3:59pm
yukue fumei

thanks Flonche!
the Tamarind Unique 1 is what I have...and what I would love to get again. I'm going to look at my different batches of Sage to see if any are close....

I did order the zombie just in case...if it's too grey I can use it for mice or something....

nagi

Old 2013-03-20, 4:00pm
Lampworkaholic!

Chai might be closer to Tamarind than Canyon de Chelly.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-03-20, 4:01pm
yukue fumei

thank you

nagi

Old 2013-03-20, 6:39pm
I like to melt things

If it's Tamarind #1 that you have, there isn't really a CiM substitute. The rod you posted doesn't look like my Tamarind #1 though, it's greyer, which is why I leapt to the Zombie conclusion.

Zombie is a little grey, but it strikes to brown if you use it with silver, so if your design includes silver it might not matter.

Chocolotta would have been a good choice, but it's no longer available.

I have some Tamarind Unique #1 that I'm not using. If you wanted, I could see how much is there and you could buy it from me. Shipping would be kind of pricey though because of my Canada factor.

-
-
Old 2013-03-20, 10:10pm
yukue fumei

thank you Melanie! yes, please let me know about the price....I would love to get more of this color. No worries on the Zombie--there is always a use for all colors as long as they are compatible

nagi

Old 2013-03-21, 12:33am
Naysayer

oh dang that chocolatta is awesome, sorry I missed out

What's rod A?
Old 2013-03-21, 2:43pm
yukue fumei

Rod A is Effetre Mocha...
here are some beads with it. When it cools it gets a purple tone. If you look carefully, you'll see the glass closer to the core is purple....not good for food beads lol (sorry for bead poop in these pics!)

the top bead here is Mocha. I cored it with Chocolotta dark to prevent the purple core and the bead just looks chocolate-y

nagi

Old 2013-03-21, 2:46pm
yukue fumei

if you want to order, I just ordered from Howaco Glass and Jamey Lynn says she has alot of it
oh, and a forewarning: Mocha can devit like EDP so treat it the same

nagi

Last edited by nagibeads; 2013-03-21 at 2:49pm. Reason: add
Old 2013-03-21, 11:47pm
Naysayer

thanks! and uh...that's where the "Mocha" in the title comes in, haha.
Old 2013-03-22, 8:12am
yukue fumei

lol

nagi

Old 2013-03-22, 2:05pm
Artistically Absorbed

That cinnamon one looks yummy Lori!

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64