Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-11-26, 6:46pm

Default Differences in Lauscha

I went to order Lauscha today and I see there are many different varieties of the clear out there now. I saw the reformulated and I'm looking for some input on this product. Is there any difference between this and the original variety? Am I going to have compatibility problems with the reformulated stuff?
Thanks
Red

Lynx, Midrange, Scorpion Regalia Oxycon
Old 2008-11-26, 7:40pm

Red,
The "reformulated" clear is Lauscha's regular clear. Last year they reformulated it for it to be more compatable with "other glass". Some dealers might have some of the old stock as well as the new so that might be why your seeing different clears.
The "Soft" clear is also a new clear but geared for people on hotheads as it melts very fast and pretty much goes on like "Butter".
So far I'm not having any issues on the beads I made but to be totally honest, my beads aren't real big and I've never had any problems using it before because of that.
Hope that helps. I'm sure someone else might add a few details that i've forgot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-26, 10:34pm

Irene pretty much covered it and I am sure that Carol Anne will pop in when she sees this. A lot of dealers are selling the old stock so be careful and ask your dealer if it's the newer clear. The newer clear is magnificent and much more compatible with Silver Colors. On my web site I call them Reformulated, Soft, and Stiff (for the old batch.)
Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-11-26, 11:50pm

Paula is the reformulated Lauscha , the only one compatible with silver colours.
I knew the Stiff (old batch) wasn't any good to use over silver glass, what about the Soft.
Old 2008-11-27, 1:04am
kindasorta Spring almost

Quote:
Paula is the reformulated Lauscha , the only one compatible with silver colours.
I knew the Stiff (old batch) wasn't any good to use over silver glass, what about the Soft.
I have used all of them, right back to batches from 2001 over top of everything and have only ever had cracking over Moretti AND Lauscha white, and ONE single Kugler colour. Every thing else was successful. I have not tried TAG colours yet. But I like those unencased anyways, so it's not an issue for me.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you want my annealing schedule, let me know. I have received some pretty interesting annealing schedules... most of which pretty much guarantee cracking.

Smiles,
Carol Anne

Old 2008-11-27, 2:29am

Thank you Carol Anne, would like to know the correct annealing schedule for Lauscha soft.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-27, 9:29am

Quote:
Soft and Reformulated are compatible with the Silver Colors and many people are using it with the silver colors.
Carol Anne,
Can you post that schedule again?

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-11-27, 2:10pm

Please! I'd like to see the schedule as well. I've been using Lausch Reformulated and Soft exclusively this past week as I'm making Mary's Jelly Fish Beads and it has to be crystal clear. My beads are huge and everything looks great and I batch anneal so that's a good sign for me.
One of the vendors here also told me a trick and that was to put the beads in cold water for a few days and if it's going to crack, it usually will. Mine have been in there for almost a week (just waiting for a whole kiln load) and no problems.
I'd like the schedule so when I do put them in, I'll be safe as well.