LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-04-23, 8:42am

Default Oxygen Concentrator (Refurbished)

When my old concentrator started to die I went to a local medical equipment rental store and got the name of the guy who repaired their concentrators.

He sold me a refurbished Invacare 5, with a one year warranty, for $200.00 and it works better than great. He also delivered, to my front door, free.

There are people, who repair these things, all over the country and most of them will sell you a concentrator at a good price.
Old 2014-04-23, 1:51pm

Good to know; thanks for the tip.
Old 2014-04-23, 8:48pm

I went to the repair facility where I used to live and asked what they did with the concentrators when they were no longer serviceable. The guy told me that they usually just throw them away. I asked him if he could throw one my way and he told me to come back in about a week and he would try to have one for me. I went back and he actually had 2 for me. A 10 LPM and a 5 LPM. He told me that he had gone through them and repaired everything that needed fixing. I asked how much I owed him and he told me "nothing". I have tried to hook the two together, but the 10 LPM overpowers the 5 LPM. I think I will hook the 10 LPM up to the centerfire of my Scorpion and the 5 LPM up to the outerfire......eventually. Right now I'm trying to remember how to do the things I used to do before we moved.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2014-04-24, 9:34am
Glass-aholic

Greg, where did you used to live?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-04-27, 8:57pm

Roanoke Va.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2014-04-28, 3:35am
Glass-aholic

That's cool. My parents are moving to the villages in a few weeks. they bought a house there last year.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: