Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2006-07-24, 12:11pm
It dazzles, it sparkles

Default heart shaped press

Any ideas where i may be able to get my grubby little hands on one?
Thanks

anna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-07-24, 12:32pm
Your Royal Fritness

Hi,

You can find one at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He will be having a few new presses real soon too. The Rimmed Tab and the Drop Focal
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here are a few pictures,

Dawn
Attached Images

Old 2006-07-24, 1:58pm
It dazzles, it sparkles

PERFECT!!!
Thank you so much

Old 2006-07-24, 2:08pm
Happy 10 a.m.!

zoozii's also has a heart shape press, and a tut for how to use it.

Mega Minor w/propane, tanked oxy and humor
Old 2006-07-24, 3:01pm
It dazzles, it sparkles

Thanks but i have ordered the one from Mike as i thought the shape was a little more unusual.
I havent got the foggiest on what shape to start with tho!

Old 2006-07-24, 3:23pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beads-on-Toast
Thanks but i have ordered the one from Mike as i thought the shape was a little more unusual.
I havent got the foggiest on what shape to start with tho!
Hi,

Here is how I make them.

Make a cone shaped bead a few mm's shy of the mandrel end holes and give it a gentle squish in the press. This makes the bottom half nice and also show's you where you need to add the glass up top. Then I add a ball of glass up on both sides and reheat and squish until you have the right amount of glass needed.

If you are adding frit on the bead make your base just a little bit smaller so you don't over fill the press when adding the frit. The same goes when making flowers.

I would start making a one color heart first. This will give you an idea of how much glass to use. I used my corals just for fun and I love how they turned out. I hope I'm making sense I would love to see some of your finished beads.

My customers just love this heart shape. If you have any questions once you recieve your press just let me know. The hearts in the above post were my 1st trys so it is a pretty user friendly press.

Have a nice night, Dawn

Old 2006-08-11, 3:18pm
It dazzles, it sparkles

MY PRESS HAS ARRIVED!!!
I am going to try it out tomorrow and i promise i'll post pictures!!!
Thank you both for everything!!!

Old 2006-08-11, 6:39pm
Your Royal Fritness

I'm glad to hear it made it to th UK just fine
I can't wait to see what you create!

Have a great night, Dawn