Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-03-21, 1:03pm
no more

Cool Diamond clear discontinued

As per Abe at Northstar. Effective today 3/21, they will be discontinuing Diamond Clear for now. Reasons cited can be found in numerous threads, and they have listened!

Anyone who has bought diamond clear from ABR and is having an issue can call Carole at Northstar and she will help work out either a replacement or some sort of resolution to the issues(s). I am sure she will be very busy answering phones, shipping skids, and other things, so please note that when you call.
I will be weighing ABR's diamond clear and calling Carole too, so don't feel like you are bothering anyone. If I'm doing it, then you should too!

Any questions for me? Feel free to PM or call or email!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ps - thanks to northstar to listening to my opinion this morning and taking it into consideration.

pps - SALEM COMMUNITY COLLEGE ROCKS!!! (great time @ the flame conference!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-21, 3:34pm
"Sinners have soul too"

But aren't there people who love it? Makes me glad I've never tried it, I'd be very upset if I loved it and they took it away because some don't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-21, 6:21pm

I loved it too! But it's not being discontinued because some people didn't like it. There were clearly compatibility issues for awhile (no pun intended).

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I appreciate Abe's sincerity and glad he's taking this step, I look forward to checking out the new clear they formulate.

Old 2011-03-21, 6:36pm

Aren't there other glasses that aren't compatible from time to time........??? is this going to become a trend? I've always been interested that you buy it, you get it and it cracks or is schmutz and you are expected to 'suck it up'.

Old 2011-03-21, 6:53pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
I loved it too! But it's not being discontinued because some people didn't like it. There were clearly compatibility issues for awhile (no pun intended).

I appreciate Abe's sincerity and glad he's taking this step, I look forward to checking out the new clear they formulate.
Gotcha, I actually found that thread after I posted here. I am sad that they have to pull something from their regular line up but if it's for improvements then that's great. I don't do a lot of encasing but I generally will use Aether or if I don't want a reaction then I'll use Effetre Super Clear, or Vetrofond Crystal Clear. So far so good.

Old 2011-03-21, 8:14pm
Ad astra per aspera

I'm kinda bummed. I have some Diamond Clear seconds from about a year ago, maybe a little longer. I've always liked it and had very few problems. I hope Abe comes up with a new formulation.

Old 2011-03-21, 9:29pm
needs creative tagline

cody - I picked up some DC from you guys in tucson this year. any idea if that was from the older batches or if its one of the newer ones that has the problems? Either way I'll probably try it out for myself too and just use it for spacer beads or murrini end caps rather than returning it if problematic. Luckily I still have a bunch more that is much older and should be good. thanks!
laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2011-03-22, 7:00am
Forever P~P~P :0)

OMGoodness. I received some Diamond Clear from Northstar, as a replacement batch for my "cracking" batch and I'm not having any problems with it. What a bummer

The only other good clear that I have found is Aether and that's REALLY expensive!!

I guess its time to start pickling batch of Moretti clear.

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2011-03-22, 8:57am

Too unreliable, particularly for the price. I think this is the right decision.
Old 2011-04-25, 5:06pm
Apparently Invisible

Bummer. Any word on when they will have a replacement? I am one of the ones who loves it. Really.

Old 2011-04-25, 5:40pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
I loved Diamond clear. I hope they come up with a formulation that will please everyone.

Now - do you think Lauscha will take back all of the incompatable clear I purchased from them and where can I send the Czeck glass I have that can only be used by itself??
I love Czech glass!!

Old 2011-04-25, 6:57pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I just use them on their own... I make a lot of Czech glass spacers and I make pressed beads with a stripe or two of SIS wrapped around them.

Old 2011-04-25, 6:59pm
Apparently Invisible

Cody, on that order I am getting from you, was there any DC? I can't remember, lol! I have paid but it has not shipped yet. PP id#6AU440306D889415S
I know there was TAG clear...