Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2012-04-25, 6:17am
da General

Default Journey - a exciting fundraising book for the ISGB!

That should have been "an exciting fundraising ... " - sorry!

Name:  journey_logo.png
Views: 1520
Size:  14.8 KB

The ISGB is pleased to announce Journey, an opportunity for ISGB members to share their glass journey, whether it's long or short, and at the same time support their organization. It's a fundraising effort where any member - a newcomer, a well-known lampworker, or, like many of us, somewhere in between - is welcome to participate. You may elect to show just your current work or provide us a glimpse of your growth as a lampworker with a progression from early work to current ones and share with us your journey literally!

Members are to select either a half-page showcase or a full-page showcase. Contribution fee for a half page is $30 and a full page is $55. ISGB Chapters may contribute to a half-page, a full-page, as well as a two-page spread showcase featuring multiple members (all members featured must be an ISGB member). The two-page spread showcase is $95. Each showcase entry receives one copy of the eBook in PDF format. Chapter participating counts as one entry. eBooks in PDF format and hard copy print-on-demand books will be available for purchase after the 2012 Gathering.

More Information
Please review these showcase samples in PDF format to decide which showcase is best for you: http://www.isgb.org/info/uploads/Journey2012/Samples/

All net proceeds will go to the International Society of Glass Beadmakers.

The deadline is May 31, 2012. For more details and information on how to submit, please visit http://www.isgb.org/isgb-exhibitions/177-journey.html.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2012-04-25 at 6:28am.
Old 2012-04-25, 6:20am
da General

That was the official announcement and here is my plead to all of you!

I hope you will all consider participating in this wonderful opportunity to showcase your work and support the ISGB at the same time. I am doing my part in volunteering my time and graphic design skills to put together for the organization I believe in. I hope you will join me in contributing a half page or a full page showcase!

Here is a sample two-page spread showcase I did using the images from the current Arizona Society of Glass Beadmakers postcard (we will have new images for all the participating members in Journey). Thank you for letting me use your beautiful work as an example, ASGB!

For individual participants, we offer half page and full page showcases - click on the link to check out the sample pages!

http://www.isgb.org/info/uploads/Journey2012/Samples/

Name:  ASGB_forum.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  34.4 KB

If you have any questions, pm me here on LE, email me at journey @ isgb . org (take out the spaces) or post in this thread!

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-04-25, 7:20am
sunscreen me baby

I'm in! This is going to be so awesome

~

Old 2012-04-25, 8:09am
Nikki Haverstock

Oh that sounds interesting but do you really want silly newbs like me to participate?

Old 2012-04-25, 8:48am
da General

Nikki - we ABSOLUTELY love to have "silly newbs" like you to participate!!!

One of the many reasons I volunteered to do this book for the ISGB beside raising funds for the organization and promoting its members is to get newer beadmakers to participate and get published. It grew from the concept of the regional director exhibit, Venture, (I was a regional director when Venture was being developed) which is a show for members who have never participated in a juried show.

Of-course, we would like to have seasoned members to participate as well so I don't want this post to deter them!

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-04-25, 12:04pm
Enabler

Ditto what Hayley said, Nikki!! We want ANY beadmaker at ANY level to be part of this book. And Hayley has done an amazing job of coming up with a great selection of layout options that are going to make all of us look fabulous!

Old 2012-04-25, 12:32pm
Lampworkaholic!

Hayley if I send you my beads will you take pictures of them?

Or at least tell me in English what 300 dpi at 100% means.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2012-04-25 at 12:44pm.
Old 2012-04-25, 12:44pm
da General

You know, Liz, for the first 13 participants who ask in this thread, I will take their pictures for them provided that:

• they contribute to a full-page showcase with no more than 7 images and pay your submission fee before sending me their beads (please provide return postage and package just like my exchanges)
• they have their beads to me in my hot lil' hands by 5/15 (postmark them by 5/10 for domestic)
• they allow me to take the pictures the way I want to and accept them as they are (I will show them to you before publishing so you can always decide to take your own pictures if you don't like mine)

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-04-25, 12:45pm
Lampworkaholic!

Seriously! Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
You know, Liz, for the first 13 participants who ask in this thread, I will take their pictures for them provided that:

• they contribute to a full-page showcase with no more than 7 images and pay your submission fee before sending me their beads (please provide return postage and package just like my exchanges)
• they have their beads to me in my hot lil' hands by 5/15 (postmark them by 5/10 for domestic)
• they allow me to take the pictures the way I want to and accept them as they are (I will show them to you before publishing so you can always decide to take your own pictures if you don't like mine)

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-04-25, 12:47pm
da General

Do IT, Liz! lol!

da List (13 max)
Liz Bunn / Elizabeth Beads

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-04-25, 2:30pm

HAYLEY!!! If you take my pictures, I am in.

Also, I will purchase a full page ad for someone who has never been published if you respond in this thread that you would like to be in a drawing for it. I will draw a name on Sunday night, April 30.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:12am
Lampworkaholic!

I need some input. I'm torn between choosing 7 beads in one style with different colors or doin a variety of different styles. I'm leaning toward one style, my signature Tears in Heaven beads. DH thinks I should do 7 different styles. Thoughts?

Old 2012-04-26, 3:51pm
da General

That's very generous, Kathy! Thank YOU!

Liz, I am planning on submitting different styles of my work just because the name of the book is "journey" so I am showing my journey!

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-04-26, 4:01pm
Kendra Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
HAYLEY!!! If you take my pictures, I am in.

Also, I will purchase a full page ad for someone who has never been published if you respond in this thread that you would like to be in a drawing for it. I will draw a name on Sunday night, April 30.
Kathy, that is so generous! Thank you so much for your support!

-Kendra
Old 2012-04-27, 6:39am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Ok I was in for a full page but Hayley if you want to the the hard part.... I will pay today... That is FAR beyond the call of duty....I will Pack up my beads and send them out....
I am going to use beads that range from my very 1 st to my most current work.... I can't wait to see this publication come to life....
Thank you for taking it on....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2012-04-27, 8:21am
da General

Send them to me, Kathy and Kris! I am traveling (again, argh!) next week but will be able to photograph beads (including my own) starting the week of 5/7!

da List (13 max)
Kathy / echeveria
Kris / Kris Schaible

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-04-27, 1:53pm

Hayley I am in too as long as you take the pictures, you always make my beads look wonderful.
Thank you for this very generous offer
Debi

Last edited by debiweiss; 2012-04-27 at 2:15pm. Reason: Forgot to add...
Old 2012-04-28, 4:20am

Hayley, this publication sounds wonderful! I'm excited to purchase a copy after it's complete!

Old 2012-04-28, 8:59am

Ok Hayley, Debi has twisted my arm and i am in for a full page too!

Liz Ross

Old 2012-04-28, 1:18pm

Yea.... Deb and Liz this is such a good project for you both....

or
Old 2012-04-30, 3:30am

OK, I am in with Debi and Liz. My beads want to be photographed by Hayley too. Will go and pay now,
Thanks Hayley.

Old 2012-04-30, 7:03am

Awesome Deb... So glad you are taking part!...

or
Old 2012-04-30, 7:31am
pinkcloud2

Haley, you rock! I'm totally in!
Alicia Felton
Old 2012-04-30, 9:00am

Yea!.... Alicia..... Another person that this project is perfect for....

or
Old 2012-04-30, 4:32pm
da General

Woohoo! Got you all down!

da List (13 max)
Kathy / echeveria
Kris / Kris Schaible
Debi / debiweiss
Liz / eross
Deborah / debezog
Alicia / pinkcloud2

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-05-01, 3:12am
sunscreen me baby

Hayley your generosity is amazing! Thank you so much for doing this.

~

Old 2012-05-02, 7:26pm
Catchen' the Sun

Hayley your an amazingly wonderful person. I'm in but only for a half page sorry that is all I can do right now.
Kathy how wonderful of you to do your part too. Thats great.
Ok now to make some decent beads for pictures.

SRA # K36 Catchen' the Sun Glass Art

Old 2012-05-07, 4:42pm
da General

Kris, Got your beautiful beads today! I won't be photographing them until I get everyone's (by the 15th) and do that all together. Cool? I love that you are showing your glass journey!!!

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-05-08, 6:11am

Blushing.... Thanks Hayley.... I am SO excited for this project I have dragged all. My friends to you as well... Can't not wait to see what you come up with!.... Huge hugs aNd thanks!...

or
Old 2012-05-11, 10:58am
da General

I got the beautiful beadies from Liz (eross) and Debi (debiweiss)! LOVE that you are both including your very first beads in Journey!

da List (13 max)
Kathy / echeveria
Kris / Kris Schaible rec'd
Debi / debiweiss rec'd
Liz / eross rec'd
Deborah / debezog
Alicia / pinkcloud2

|
|
|
|

Tags
hayley rocks, i'm procrastinating again, isgb, isgb fundraising!, journey