Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-01-12, 3:01pm
StudioMarcy

Default Win A GTT Cricket Torch - Donate to Beads of Courage

Hi everyone...it's pay it forward time.

I was lucky to win a GTT Cricket Torch in December through FlameTree Glass's holiday contest, but I already own one. I didn't want to sell it, so I decided to come up with an "encouragement" for Bead and $$ donations for Beads of Courage.

It's simple.
During the month of February only... 2/1/11 - midnight Eastern Time 2/28/11

For every 25 beads or $25 donated to Beads of Courage, you receive one raffle chance. To complete your entry, you will need to post your name, a way to contact you, and what you donated on the blog...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It will be the public record of what was donated.

I also am asking if you are donating beads, then please send me a photo so I can post it too. It will be fun to see the goodies the kids will be receiving.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beads go to:
Beads of Courage, Inc.
5301 S Houghton Road
Tucson AZ 85747

Info on beads they are hoping to receive is here:

Here's some fine print....
•The blog has all the directions too. Please visit often and help cheer on the participants, even if you aren't ready to donate or already have.

•I would really appreciate that bloggers and folks help me get the word out. It's for the kids...let's see what we can do.

•When donating beads, please include your name and address, so BOC can send a thank you. It's important to them.

•If you are not familiar with what BOC would like for beads, please visit their website,
and read up. Bead hole size, mailing address and little other important facts are there.

•Please look at the photo of the torch on the blog. It's brand new, and it comes "as is". There are not any hoses attached.

•I will pay for the shipping to the winner. International participants are welcome.

•If you have something else you want to add to this pay it forward, shoot me an email. I'd love for other lampwork related items to join in the fun for perhaps a second and third prize.

• Winner will be announced on 3/1/11 on the blog, here, and on my facebook page. Feel free to friend me, if you wish. Marcy Lamberson.

Woohoo! Now get out there and make some beads! I'm excited. Let's see if we can reach huge numbers with this promotion for the kids! Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy

Last edited by Marcy; 2011-01-31 at 4:45pm. Reason: add more information
Old 2011-01-12, 3:26pm
Live and Let Live

Wow! How incredibly generous, Marcy! And what a great promotion and incentive for BOC donations.

Old 2011-01-12, 3:34pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Thank you Marcy for being so generous! I can't wait to see all the donations. I'm getting mine ready!

Jenny

Old 2011-01-12, 3:43pm
StudioMarcy

Thank you Lisa and Jenny. That is kind of you to say. I can't wait to see your donations! This is going to be great for BOC and all the kids. Please help me get the word out, if you can.

take care,
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-12, 6:25pm

Hey Marcy, it's very kind and generous of you to set this up. For everyone to know, Marcy is a serious supporter of BoC and we very much appreciate her efforts on behalf of the kids. Get the word around, I'm sure that there's someone out there who would love to win this torch!

Robert
Old 2011-01-12, 6:30pm
StudioMarcy

Thanks Robert. I'm hoping that there will be lots of folks who want it. Pretty cool to have a spare torch - just in case. Or if they win it and want to sell it, that's cool too. Or maybe even use it- especially if they have a concentrator. The real winners are the kids who get to enjoy the wonderful beads that will be donated.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-12, 6:54pm

Thanks Marcy, loved the video of the Sunday Morning Show. I have heard of BOC but I learned alot more from your video. Excited to donate and share in this adventure. Karen
Old 2011-01-12, 7:18pm
Master Procrastinator

Marcy, what a generous thing for you to do. Am hoping that the weather warms up sufficiently around here so I can get some time on the torch & send in some beads.

Old 2011-01-12, 7:23pm

The Cricket torch is great with a concentrator, even with line pressure NG. I've got one and it's pretty neat. It's quite an opportunity.

Robert
Old 2011-01-12, 8:06pm
StudioMarcy

Lea, I sure hope your weather warms up so you can torch too. You've been hit with a lot of snow this year, haven't you? Thanks for thinking of BoC!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-12, 9:59pm
Corgi Cult Member

Marcy, what an incredibly generous offer! I'm planning to make some Easter beads for the kids, so the timing will be perfect to enter your drawing too.

Old 2011-01-13, 4:35am
StudioMarcy

Oh Kathy, that's great! I know the kids will love them. Please help spread the word and good luck!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-13, 4:48am
ID10T Problem Solver

Marcy,

You are a lesson in generosity and inspiration.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2011-01-13, 7:22am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

.... awesome thing to do Marcy...

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-01-13, 7:34am
StudioMarcy

Jana and Kris, thanks so much. I can't wait to see photos of everyone's beads. And don't forget, there are lots of boys in the program too. make some "boy" beads too, please!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-13, 8:40am
Detail G-Mama!

You are awesome Marcy!! Is it just beads your looking for to send in for a raffle or can it be the bags that quilters make also?

Old 2011-01-13, 8:50am
StudioMarcy

Hi Anne, I didn't know about the bags, they sound awesome! But the PR has gone out and I don't want to change the rules after it has been published. So we'll stick with the beads and donations this time. Thanks so much for asking.

And btw, if you are donating them, would you shoot me a photo so we can post it on the blog after 2/1? I'd love for everyone to see what you are making. I'm sure there are other sewers out there who could contribute those too. (Just not for this raffle this time)

Hope to see you when I'm in Austin in February!
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-13, 8:56am
Detail G-Mama!

No problem! I haven't dug out the machine yet anyway, just thought it would be a good time to make space for it! LOL! I still instend on making some bags for BOC but we are still settleing into the new house! I hope to get back down to Blue Moon soon, it just hasn't happened since we moved!

Old 2011-01-13, 9:56am
Lampworkaholic!

Lovely generous gesture. I will pass the word on.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-01-13, 10:07am
StudioMarcy

Thank you for passing the word on to others. I'm hoping for zillions of beads. Okay, perhaps not that many, but wouldn't a thousand beads be nice?

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-13, 10:29am

Marcy, you are top notch!
Old 2011-01-13, 6:00pm
StudioMarcy

Thanks, but just paying it forward. It's been an okay year for me and time to share.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy

Last edited by Marcy; 2011-01-13 at 6:01pm. Reason: spelling doofus
Old 2011-01-14, 5:40am
Hot Glass Neophyte

What a kind thing to do Marcy! I am going to get busy and hopefully so will many others!
Old 2011-01-14, 12:11pm

Too cool, Marcy! I'm really hoping that someone that really needs the torch wins it! Thanks for being so generous & giving to BOC at the same time!
Happy creating,
ginger
Old 2011-01-14, 12:27pm
StudioMarcy

Kristina and Ginger, thanks for checking in. Ginger, that would be cool. We'll see what luck brings.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-14, 11:04pm

Thanks Marcy, you are cool! Last month we sent 1350 beads and at the end of this month we have another BOC event. I cant imagine we will get that many so soon but we will try. . I will let people know about your lovely prize and take pictures!
Old 2011-01-15, 4:23am
StudioMarcy

Hi Jackie! That would be wonderful. I sure appreciate it. 1350 is a huge amount, but they keep adding more hospitals and it's so popular. I visited with some of the kids and their families at an Atlanta event. Our beads do make a big difference to the kids and they love to pick out which one is their favorite. All of our different styles are really enjoyed.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-16, 10:34am
Obsessed Blogger

This is AWESOME! Thanks Marcy! I've added it to the cue for the Beads of Courage blog for our trusty blogger, Patty Lankinsmith to highlight. I will bookmark the
too!

Go beadmakers!!!

::
Old 2011-01-16, 11:59am
StudioMarcy

Thanks Lori. I'm hoping lots of beads are sent in!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-01-17, 11:09am

Hey Marcy!

This is wonderful! Word has gotten around! I have gotten info on this from 3 others already!

You can count on my donation and support. I will keep you posted as I get things done.

Much love,

Genea

Genea Crivello
"Enlightened Art for the Awakened Soul"