Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2014-12-14, 3:10pm
Senior Moment

Default Etsy critique please!

Finally getting it together and opened an Etsy store. I've just started listing, but would like some feedback before I go further. Any and all suggestions welcome! Click on the banner below to go look

Alli

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2014-12-14, 4:02pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

I think it looks good and the beads are lovely! My only comment would be to add something about shipping costs.
Good luck selling!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FB friends
Old 2014-12-14, 4:28pm
Storm Queen

You need more photos and the first photo should be something where they can see the beads well right away like this:

Customers will also want to see the flip side too.

Get rid of the glass names in the titles and instead use colors like green, blue, etc. Customers don't know glass names (or at least most don't) and won't search by that. Use colors in your tags too.

Crazy in Love should be entitled "Crazy in Love, Handmade Pink & White Lampwork Heart Focal Glass Bead" or something like that. Add the colors, shape, focal, handmade and lampwork in the tags. Use up all of your tags. You can combine words for tags too like "lampwork glass beads".

You need "handmade", "artisan", "sra" in your tags. Also "set" or "focal". For that tube focal I want to see it straight on and all the way around it, not just one view.

You say "Paypal only" but it looks like you take Etsy direct checkout so you should remove that.

You need to fill in your Policies page. There are buyers that won't buy if you don't have policies in place. You may not have gotten to it yet and planned to but I mention it because a lot of people leave it blank and people on the forums have a hissy about it and won't buy...just so you know.

Old 2014-12-14, 4:30pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DogsPhoto View Post
I think it looks good and the beads are lovely! My only comment would be to add something about shipping costs.
Good luck selling!!
Shipping costs are there, you have to click on the shipping tab.

Old 2014-12-14, 4:46pm
Melody of Glass

Looks great, Alli! Congrats.

I am dying over these: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/2153..._home_active_2

I have no advice. I've had a non-working website and an Etsy shop with nothing in it for over two years.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2014-12-14, 4:53pm
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
You need more photos and the first photo should be something where they can see the beads well right away like this:

Customers will also want to see the flip side too.

Get rid of the glass names in the titles and instead use colors like green, blue, etc. Customers don't know glass names (or at least most don't) and won't search by that. Use colors in your tags too.

Crazy in Love should be entitled "Crazy in Love, Handmade Pink & White Lampwork Heart Focal Glass Bead" or something like that. Add the colors, shape, focal, handmade and lampwork in the tags. Use up all of your tags. You can combine words for tags too like "lampwork glass beads".

You need "handmade", "artisan", "sra" in your tags. Also "set" or "focal". For that tube focal I want to see it straight on and all the way around it, not just one view.

You say "Paypal only" but it looks like you take Etsy direct checkout so you should remove that.

You need to fill in your Policies page. There are buyers that won't buy if you don't have policies in place. You may not have gotten to it yet and planned to but I mention it because a lot of people leave it blank and people on the forums have a hissy about it and won't buy...just so you know.
*nods* This is exactly the type of info I need - Thank you Amy, and everyone else

Alli

Old 2014-12-14, 7:31pm
Senior Moment

Ok, finally found the policies section and filled it out. Added some more pics as well. What else am I missing??

Old 2014-12-15, 11:04am
**Fuzzy Logic**

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=273299

Post a link here for extra love

FB friends
Old 2014-12-15, 2:22pm
Senior Moment

Will do! Thanx

Old 2014-12-15, 4:11pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

Yw, I figure since I screwed up and missed the shipping info I could at least help out this way

And the one you listed is my favorite set of beads

FB friends
Old 2014-12-18, 6:01pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
Looks great, Alli! Congrats.

I am dying over these: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/2153..._home_active_2
Just another thing that the Hothead does brilliantly - I can't get that reaction out of Elektra on the big kid torch!

L-111

Old 2015-01-08, 6:38am
flight risk

Make sure you get in the habit of using your categories too. Even if you only have one or two for now, it will be helpful later when you have more than one page of listings.

Old 2015-01-11, 3:21am

Great beads. One thing that I would attempt to do, is make the pictures more similar. Use the same color background for the pictures. That way, it comes across more professional. To me, anyway.....
Old 2019-10-11, 5:08am

ETSY is constantly making changes to its search algorithm, which makes it hard to measure seo results. Right now I would work on creating nice readably title tags that are not stuffed with keywords. That way your shop would be found organically with google.