Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-24, 1:07am

Default 3 favors

Ok I have 3 questions:
1. Why can't I get Blue Moon frit to work in an implosion? I've tried reducing, oxydizing, etc. It turns out greenish or pukish.
B. I know how to do an implosion, and a heart, but how do you do a heart implosion. I'm a little dense.
5. I am pretty new, but got invited to put some stuff into a really popular home show in 7 days. Could anyone be so kind to give me any implosion recipes? I have the GA sample frit pack, and DAP, Blue Moon and Butterscotch. I've tried the dot thing but just doesn't look as good to me.
Thank you guys so much! I'm so excited to make some money!! Have a great day!
Angie
Old 2006-11-24, 6:15am
daughter and I

well, I can answer question B.
make an implosion pendent, hot punty up to one side, remove the rod and go from there to make your heart!
Can't answer the colors questions, I don't keep notes

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2006-11-24, 7:34am
ManBearPig

1. Greens are usually what you get when you implode Blue Moon.
2. Already answered above...
3. Purple Luster, Butterscotch, Twilight Chameleon, Blue Moon, Aurora, Dark Multi... some of my favorites. I usually back all of them with black, just because black goes with anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-24, 7:47am

Thanks for saying that. I'm getting into boro so this will help. Got to play with some at GlassDogs. He can make glass do what he wants in seconds. I'm still amazed at the stuff he can do. Thanks for the information. I will try that.

Rose Leslie
Old 2006-11-24, 9:40am

Thanks a lot! I keep expecting blue in blue moon, so it's good to know its not just me! Chad do all those suggested look fine imploded by themselves? I always think I need to mix frits together.
Old 2006-11-24, 1:41pm
The Venerable Bead

did someone say mix the frits together???? lol

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2006-11-24, 5:18pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie4680 View Post
Thanks a lot! I keep expecting blue in blue moon, so it's good to know its not just me! Chad do all those suggested look fine imploded by themselves? I always think I need to mix frits together.
They will look fine by themselves. I hardly ever mix frits together. The good thing about striking colors is it will look like more than one color anyways.

Old 2006-11-24, 6:12pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

Blue moon is my FAV for implosions!!! use dots from the rod and a normal flame...I do and it works for me...I do get a bit of green but it looks nice!
Old 2006-11-24, 6:13pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

Oh and I imploded twilight chameleon the other day and it is THE most AWESOME opaque teal colour!!! Definitely buy some and try it it is a no brainer for imploding.
Old 2006-11-25, 8:11am

Thank you so much for the no brainer implosion ideas. Now me and my WHOLE family (ds,3kids, 2 in-laws) have the flu. I was hoping to get as many pendants done by Fri for this show. So thanks for the easy ones -I really appreciate it!
Angie