Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

View Poll Results: How would you rate this tutorial?
So easy a caveman can do it!! hehehe 21 14.09%
Pretty simple. The pics helped more than the written 20 13.42%
Pretty simple. The written helped more than the pics 6 4.03%
Fun and Easy. I prefer pics and written 97 65.10%
Hard as hell but I gave it a shot! LOL 6 4.03%
Those instructions made no sense. Please re write them... 0 0%
Eh, Nothing I saw or read interested me. 1 0.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-06, 10:08am

wow! killer tute!
Old 2007-09-06, 10:38am

Aww thanks guys!!! Sweet talk will get you everywhere.. hehehe. I'll post another tut in a while after all the classes are done and I have time. I want to do a nice ring tut for y'all. Seems a lot of folks want to learn to make some elaborate rings... I'll let everyone know when I'm ready to do that one. Glad everyone is enjoy this little tutorial..
Thanks again!!
Old 2007-09-06, 10:51am

I noticed after I finished this tut that I made some typo's but I'm sure everyone can look over those. Hope you don't mind that I didn't go back and fix them because I had to do each section using Abobe Photoshop. ACK! PITA!!! So, ommit the double types and typo's please. LOL..Thanks
Old 2007-09-06, 10:53am

Oh, and you can click on my website link in my siggy to see more wire work designs by me if you want. Each page has photo's of my wire work and clay work . I think I left my copper sculpure and glass sculptures on one of the pages. I don't have my shopping cart up just yet. I'm still working on my new site.

Last edited by slcuniques; 2007-09-06 at 10:57am.
Old 2007-09-06, 8:58pm
Chrissy

Thanks Sandy for the tut.....I made a couple of the connetors and gave them as birthday gifts today. I put them on chains....my girfriends loved them.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-09-06, 9:10pm

OH that's fantastic? Did you use them as single pendants??

Last edited by slcuniques; 2007-09-07 at 11:06am.
Old 2007-09-07, 10:07am
Trying to Hope!

Thanks Sandy I think even I can make this one

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-09-08, 9:47am
Chrissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcuniques View Post
OH that's fantastic? Did you use them as single pendants??
Yes I did and on one I used swarovski crystals in place of the small silver balls, gave it that little extra sparkle......thanks again I always give glass stuff and something different is always nice.

Old 2007-09-10, 11:17am

That sound pretty! I use a lot of Swarovski crystals in my big pieces and I love the sparkle. If you get a chance and you make more or go all the way with this tut, I'd love to see a pic!! Please???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
Yes I did and on one I used swarovski crystals in place of the small silver balls, gave it that little extra sparkle......thanks again I always give glass stuff and something different is always nice.
Old 2007-09-17, 4:36pm
Chrissy

Heres what I made with the small connectors:

Old 2007-09-17, 5:04pm

OH MY GOODNESS!! That is just wordlessly precious!!! Who did you make that for??? Again. I know you told me but I'm brain dead today.. LOL.
That is just the cutest little bracelet I've ever seen for a new mama!!! BRAVO!!!
Old 2007-09-17, 6:55pm
Chrissy

Thanks Sandy..... I'm brain dead too...We are around the same age ( I think I'm a year older though) ..I'm blonde so my Hubby says its a double wammy. ( blonde and old) Aren't they cute..........My Girlfriends daughter is having a girl any day now....the cute little ITS A GIRL hearts were on our candy favors at her shower, so I told everyone that didn't want theirs I'd take it so I can make her the bracelet for after she delivers. I made the lampwork babies too,I hope she likes it. And Thank you again for posting this thread...I was trying to come up with something different.

Last edited by WestCoast; 2007-09-17 at 6:58pm.
Old 2007-09-17, 8:28pm

Awww, She's gonna be thrilled when she see's this bracelet, Chris!. I know I would be.. You should take it up to the hospital and give it to her right after her daughter is born so she can show it off to visitors and the nurses. Oh my, the nurses will flip over it!!! It sure did put a smile on my face!!!
Old 2007-09-17, 9:04pm
Sheryll

OMG Chris! That's so cute!
Old 2007-09-18, 1:46pm

Arent' you just the best! Super job on this tutorial! I can't believe it hasn't been rated yet.

Okay miss big mouth here. How do you give a thread a star or more?

Last edited by sislonski; 2007-09-18 at 1:49pm.
Old 2007-09-18, 3:16pm

WOW beautiful. Thank you. Now I'm going to get a little bit concerned for tomorrow. Jitters for the class.

Rose Leslie
Old 2007-09-18, 3:32pm

Oh pthpthpth, Rose... You should have seen me yesterday.. I was a basket case just before class. Pier Pressure for sure. I made a few mistakes mistakes too. We're just human. Please don't be nervous. We're just gonna have some fun and make pretty jewelry pieces. We're all buds so it's no different than yacking on here.. Don't let the term "class" bother you, ok??
Old 2007-09-18, 8:08pm

very cool sandy

Old 2007-09-21, 5:32am

Wonderful Tut.
I can understand this and will try it.
I clicked the wrong thing in the poll.
Thank You for sharing

Old 2007-09-21, 7:27am
Bead dazzled

Great tut Sandy! Did you use dead soft or half hard wire?
Old 2007-09-21, 8:56am

Oh, Oops!! Sorry!
I only use Dead Soft Wire!! ... I hate half hard wire. It's too springy for me.. I tumble the snot out of everything I make with wire so it will harden after the work is done..

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassferret View Post
Great tut Sandy! Did you use dead soft or half hard wire?
Old 2007-09-22, 5:40pm
Senior Moment

I loved it. I used scrap wire and it was only 24 g so it was a little too flimsy but I got the idea. I kind of followed your desiggn and did some of my own. Can't wait for tomorrows class.

Old 2007-09-22, 6:28pm

Fantastic Sharon, That's the WHOOOOLE Idea.. To find your own design. BRAVO!! Now, Lets see it!! hehehe.. Come on, show it off for us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Abood View Post
I loved it. I used scrap wire and it was only 24 g so it was a little too flimsy but I got the idea. I kind of followed your desiggn and did some of my own. Can't wait for tomorrows class.
Old 2007-09-22, 8:12pm
Covered in glitter

Sandy it's a great tutorial. You need to put it in word and run a spell check though. It would look more professional with the spelling cleaned up a bit. I HAVE to use spell check! Thank all the gods for it!!!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2007-09-23, 8:33am
Senior Moment

Now remember I was just using some scrap wire so it isn't the best but I just wanted to get the idea going. It needs heavier gauge wire so it won't bend as easy.

Old 2007-09-23, 1:32pm

Sharon, You definately have the right design down with your own twist to it.. You just need to pull those wings in a bit more. Too much wing makes them too flexible and they will get damaged easily.. Bring them in about 1/2 again the distance and you'll have it right on!! Nice job gal!! I like the extras you added too. Especially the dangle at the bottom!!
Old 2007-09-25, 2:36pm
Design Diva

How generous of you to create this tutorial. It's so easy to understand. Beautifully done!!

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Ecstatic Elizabeth
Old 2007-09-25, 2:39pm
Design Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
Heres what I made with the small connectors:
What a precious bracelet! Brilliant how you incorporated the connectors into it.

Thanks for sharing!

Ecstatic Elizabeth
Old 2007-09-30, 7:23pm
Chrissy

Thanks Elizabeth I can't wait to give it to the new Mommy, she had her on the 27th. I was on vacation so I'm taking it by on Wednesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil e View Post
What a precious bracelet! Brilliant how you incorporated the connectors into it.

Thanks for sharing!

Ecstatic Elizabeth

Old 2007-10-02, 8:51am

It was my pleasure to share it! You're very welcome Elizabeth and everyone!!
Thank you again for the fantastic compliments!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil e View Post
How generous of you to create this tutorial. It's so easy to understand. Beautifully done!!

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Ecstatic Elizabeth