Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-01-22, 5:12pm
Serenity Now!

Wow - thanks for posting - and re-organizing our Box, Carol! Hope your kids are feeling better...Thanks for posting your super trades ~ have fun with all the goodies inside, Donna!

I received back the "other" Box today - a special thank=you to Darcy and Leslie for their beautiful gifts...

This round has been kind of - well - different from the others...I'm wondering out loud here if our Boxes have seen their final days, or if there is still interest in continuing our games, and starting off another Box or two...

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-22, 8:46pm

Default Some Pictures of what you made!

I think you should all post some pictures of some of the things you made especially with the Free Color rods, Dichro etc..so we can see what your doing with the glass.. Just a suggestion..Would make a nice ending to this round..
Old 2008-01-23, 11:50am

Hey Val, I've started a Tools Trade in the Patio! Wanna come join in? I love the Boro Box exchange so much that I thought it would be fun to trade tools too so I borrowed some of your ideas in the Boro Box exchange. You are such an inspiration gal!! hehe
Old 2008-01-23, 1:42pm
Serenity Now!

I agree with Phyllis' suggestion: would love to see some pics...I admit, I am guilty as sin - been playing just a bit too much with the Metal Clay!

Will check-out your game, Sandy - sounds like it'll be fun - glad I was able to inspire the woman who herself is truly inspirational!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-23, 7:12pm
Mandrel Slayer

I sure hope we can keep doing this. I look forward to it each round. It also allows newbies like me to sample colors before we buy. Many of my glass purchases have been based on something I traded for. I know its a lot of work Val so I would understand if its too much work. Maybe we can wait until you're no longer freezing your "bunnies" off there.

Thanks,

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-01-23, 7:37pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for your kind words, Bonny! It's not 'cause of the work involved that I am asking - frankly, I've got it down pretty much to a clockwork science by now

I would love to keep it rolling, I just wanted to get a feel how others felt...

Old 2008-01-23, 8:44pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

I am still wanting to play more. I have played all 4 rounds and have gotten some really cool things. Please say there will be a round V!!!!!

#K58
Old 2008-01-24, 6:29am

I would love to keep playing! I'm ondly doing boro in bits and pieces until I save for a bigger oxycon, but the box keeps me motivated.
I forgot to put the DC# for the box on its way to Donna earlier so here it is.
0503 8555 7491 3865 5243. It's going by Priority Mail and is insured for $250.

Old 2008-01-25, 3:05pm

I like the game!

Question: Does anybody know of a rod that looks like celery, with slight striations, that was marked, "stormy"?

I looked on GA, NS and Momka's sites, and found Stormy Weather, but it doesn't show the rod. I got this from one of the boro boxes, and I love it. Maybe it was some other color that was mismarked?

anyone?
Old 2008-01-25, 4:53pm

Stormy weather does look like what you are describing.
Its a great color doesn't look anything like the rod, when it is worked and kilned..
Old 2008-01-25, 5:00pm
Master Procrastinator

As a newbie who missed the boat on this one, I'm hoping that you do another round so I can join in the fun .

Old 2008-01-25, 5:08pm
Gay rights R human rights

I would love to play again!

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-01-25, 7:22pm
Serenity Now!

YAY - looks like we're gonna get a good group of folks together...Christy, that WAS Stormy Weather (Momka) that was in the Box!

Old 2008-01-25, 8:46pm
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyPhelps View Post
I like the game!

Question: Does anybody know of a rod that looks like celery, with slight striations, that was marked, "stormy"?

I looked on GA, NS and Momka's sites, and found Stormy Weather, but it doesn't show the rod. I got this from one of the boro boxes, and I love it. Maybe it was some other color that was mismarked?

anyone?
Christy, that may have been some of the stormy weather I put in the box.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-01-25, 11:02pm

Hey, thanks you guys! I love it! say it with me now
Stor me weh thur
Stor me weh thur
Stor me weh thur
Stor me weh thur
Woo Hoo!
Old 2008-01-26, 9:16pm
Serenity Now!

Don't know why
There's no sun up in the sky -
Stor me weh thur...

Man - nobody does THAT kinda Storrmy Weather like good ole' Billie Holiday - but Momka did make a rocking rainbow in that inconspicuous-looking rod...

Here's a pic of it - maybe this'll encourage a coupla players to post a pic or two of something - anything they made from either one of our Sponsors freebies, or something else that that they grabbed out of one of our Boxes...

Old 2008-01-27, 1:52pm
Megra Farbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post

I received back the "other" Box today - a special thank=you to Darcy and Leslie for their beautiful gifts...

This round has been kind of - well - different from the others...I'm wondering out loud here if our Boxes have seen their final days, or if there is still interest in continuing our games, and starting off another Box or two...

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated...
You are most welcome, Miss Val!

I am definitely in for another round! I love getting things in the mail.

I would show pics, but I don't have a camera. Sorry!
Old 2008-01-27, 8:01pm

Hello! I got a notice in my mailbox Friday that the mailman tried to deliver the boro box, but I wasn't home to get it so he left a notice that he tried to deliver it. I signed the postcard requesting redelivery on Monday, however I don't think it will be coming tomorrow as we are in the middle of a major blizzard!!! We have at least 8 inches on the ground and it is still coming down like crazy. The forecast said it is going to snow until early morning hours so I am not sure how much snow we are going to end up with.

So, unfortunately the box may be held up a few more days. Once I get the box I can hopefully pick through it in a day and perhaps even get it out to the next person the same day.

I will keep you posted!!

Thanks!!

Donna
Old 2008-01-28, 5:29am
Serenity Now!

Bummer 'bout the blizzard! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't come up here!) Have fun with all the goodies, Donna - am sending you a PM with our LAST Round IV Player's info...

I also love getting stuff in the mail, Darcy - am glad that you'll be signing-up to play again...

Old 2008-01-28, 10:29am

Default snow update

Well it is still spitting snow this morning, but it should not amount to much. We got dumped on!! We got about one foot of snow!! I will keep you updated as to when I am able to get the box. My DH is going to drive me to work tonight so I may see if I can convince him to go out to the post office to pick up the box tonight. It will depend on how the roads are...otherwise it will be tomorrow. I will keep you updated.
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pb.../NEWS/80128001
Old 2008-01-29, 8:57am

I had my dh pick up the box from the post office yesterday after he dropped me off at work so I will go through it today and have him ship it out tomorrow. I am stuck without a vehicle as our van is in the shop so I can't mail it today even if I am able to pick through it and make my choices. Sorry for the delay!! Can't wait to see what goodies are in there!!
Donna
Old 2008-01-31, 8:39pm

HannahRachel the box is on its way to you!! The tracking number through USPS is 0503 8555 7490 2307 3893 with $250.00 insurance via priority mail. Please let us know when it arrives!

This box weighs a ton!! It weighed approx 16 pounds and with insurance cost $28.15 to ship!!! Yowza!!

I will come back and post my trades tonight or tomorrow am. Thanks!!

Donna

Last edited by donnam; 2008-02-01 at 12:50am. Reason: .
Old 2008-02-01, 12:46am

Default borobox gives and takes

Wow, am I a thread killer or what?? Hello...anyone there?? I don't bite...I swear!!

Thanks again to NS, Trev's Dichro and Ga for donating the freebies to the boroboxes!

Thanks to Val for taking the time to manage the boxes and all that must be entailed!!

Thanks to crystalflipz I LOVE that pendant!! I love the colors and the sparkle!! I am going to wear my new pendant today!!

Items taken:
Freebies: 2-1/2 rods of DAP

There weren't any GA samplers left to take

I left the piece of Trev's glass in the box as I got a small piece in the last round and there is only a small piece left so I thought it should go to Hannah. I haven't been able to figure out what to do with the first piece that I received so it wouldn't be fair to take the last one in this box. Any suggestions would be appreciated by this newbie!!!

BoroBox Items Taken:
small piece of silver mesh
1/2 rod of ruby k
1/2 rod of ns caramel
1 rod -unlabeled green in color
1/2 rod citrus
1/2 rod millenium moss

Frits:
Blue Reflections
Crystal Blue
Nancy Tobey
Welcome to Earth

Put into box:
1/2 rod Momka's cobalt blue
1/2 rod Momka's pumpkin
2-1/2 rods sublime
2 1/2 rods unexplainium
1/2 rod crystal blue

Green amber purple frit
Dark amber purple frit
Silver Creek frit
Blue moon frit

12- 2x3 organza bags (pink, blue, purple, white with
silver or gold foil moons, roses or swirls)(brand new)

Tungsten steel pen (brand new)

Battery operated engraving pen (brand new)

I also included a glassy gift for Hannah and Val 'cause I suck at making beads and I would be embarassed to send ya one that I made!!

Donna

Last edited by donnam; 2008-02-01 at 11:07am.
Old 2008-02-01, 5:54am
Serenity Now!

Hey Donna! You're not a thread-killer - not at all! Somehow it seems when we get near the end of our Round, less and less people start posting. Thanks for your super-fantastic trades (and for my gift! ) - it's much appreciated, and I know you've had a lot going on lately! 16 pounds, eh? Not quite sure how THAT happened...it must be positively bursting at the seams!!!

Hannah Rachel: come on down! You're our last Player in Round IV...

I want to take this opportunity once again to thank Nancy & Abe over at Northstar/Precision, Phyllis & Trev from Trev's Glass, and Susan & Henry from Glass Alchemy for their generous contributions to our Boro-boxes - and of course I would like to thank all 21 Players for making Round IV another wonderful success!

If you enjoyed playing, or have been lurking, and would like to play, please hop-on over to our new thread entitled "Boro-Box V" to sign-up to play! Come one, come all: all Boro glass lovers are welcome!

Have fun with all the goodies Hannah!

Old 2008-02-05, 3:00pm
Still makin' flowers...

Default OMG!!!

So, I've just to admit it. I totally forgot about this, even though Val reminded me about it at the beginning of 2008.

Anyhow, the box came in the mail YESTERDAY and I have to tell you! WOW!!!
I'd had this really crummy week, and me and that box and the TV and some white wine just had a lovely evening.

I have no idea what I'm taking yet, but I think I'm definately going to add some unobtanium and a copy of a beading DVD to it. Well... that's not completely true. Someone added EXACTLY the press I wanted to buy to that box. Is it fair if I try it out before I decide to take it?

I'm so excited! Thank you, Donna for the "extras" for me, and thanks everyone for brightening up an otherwise poor week.
(HUGS)

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2008-02-05, 3:52pm
Serenity Now!

Hey thanks for posting, Hannah - I'm very happy that our Box helped to brighten your spirits ~ sounds like it was a lovely evening indeed! Go right ahead and try out the press - it's one of the great advantages to our game!

Hope you have a bunch more fun rummaging through it all, and FYI, I've started a new thread for our Round V game, if you, or anyone reading this post, would like to sign-up!

Old 2008-02-07, 1:20pm

Just popping in to see if Hannah posted her takes and gives yet. Just bein' nosy!!
Old 2008-02-10, 6:12pm
Still makin' flowers...

Okay, as promised, here's what I took/put in for the boro box VI.

Put in:
Some random beads
Box for beads
2 round nosed pliers
1/2 dozen dental picks
A whole bunch of glass frit jars
Corina's Marketing Beads on the Internet
Some Unobtanium
Some random northstar glass

Took:
1 stick Momka's Blue Lightning
1 stick unexplanium (can someone EXPLAIN what to do with this)
1 set Hemostats
a couple of organza bags
1 tiny Zoozii gem press (CUTE!)

Sorry about the delay in putting this online. Val - I'll get you that tracking number as soon as I find the bottom of my purse.

!
Old 2008-02-10, 6:20pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for finishing up our Round IV with a bang, Hannah! You put in some great stuff that'll be turning over into our Round V game, whc\ich is set to start real soon!

Sign-ups are going to be closing in just a few days, so hurry on over to our new thread and sign-up before it's too late.....

Old 2008-02-16, 5:01am
Still makin' flowers...

Arrrgh! No offense, Val, but I ALWAYS have trouble shipping to Canada.

Yesterday morning the package showed up on MY doorstep with a notice that I hadn't paid enough for shipping. How that happened when I went and had it weighed and paid nearly $30.00 at the post office is beyond me. So, I took it BACK to the post office and they apologized and gave me my cash back and weighed it again and THIS time it cost me $38.50 to ship. So, maybe this time it'll make it to you, but how it got that much heavier the second time around is beyond me. Its insured and the tracking number is
CP633540129US

I'm sorry this happened, especially since I know it holds up the next game.

In other news, I tried that little press and its just too small for me - it might make its way back into boro box V.

!