Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-03-02, 11:02pm

Brent...thanks for the input.
Old 2009-03-03, 12:44pm

Great work everyone,I need to up my game some before I post pic's of my crap.
G.
Old 2009-03-03, 6:50pm

A few more big hole pendants....thanks, Brent!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-03, 6:54pm
boro color bender

Those are so cool Kim!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-03-04, 6:24am

Default fish/coral sculpture

Thanks for the kind comments on my fish/coral sculpture. I did make all the components then assemble one by one putting the whole thing back in the kiln between each. Close to the end I had a very hard time getting it back in the kiln cause my door opening wasn't big enough. (did not consider that ahead) I am basiclly working alone here trying to figure this sculpture thing out. I got a small crack under the base. i would love to find a tutorial on sculptures or a book or something to learn from-hate learning everything the hard way.

Brent, I met you at Gary's in Asheville. Loved your class. You got me started with Boro. Thanks for making the video! My friend got his and loves it. He said that the quality and content are great. I will have to get one also. Think you might come back to Gary's sometime? I am enjoying making and selling these pendants at my shows.

Any recommendation for sculpture education welcome. I would like to keep working on that.

Old 2009-03-04, 5:50pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Here's a little seahorse inspired by Janet's awesome sculpture. Hopefully, I'll learn how to assemble a boro sculpture some day.

Old 2009-03-05, 1:01am
Borosapien

i love that little seahorse thak you for showing.
Old 2009-03-05, 3:21am

Default .....

is it still march
Attached Images

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!
Old 2009-03-05, 3:40am
boro color bender

It's still March...

Nice work everybody!

a few marbles I made yesterday... I organized my studio the other day and part of that involves changing the water on my cherry molds... that got me thinking about using them, so I did.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-03-05, 3:42am
boro color bender

Oh and just a little vent... TAKING PICTURES OF MARBLES SUCKS!

Little evil balls of glare!

Old 2009-03-05, 10:45am

"Little balls of glare"... LOL!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-03-05, 11:47am

amazing everyone!
The marbles are so nice Brent!
For pics you can use a small light box and I add a front white material with only a hole for the camera's objective. This way you don't get unwanted reflections.
I took pics of horses I am working on. Will post soon.

Old 2009-03-05, 12:45pm
Torch junkie

Here's a dragonfly sculpture that I just listed in my eBay store.

Enjoy!

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2009-03-05, 12:59pm
product of the universe

Sum thing, Just messing around.
Attached Images

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-03-05, 2:12pm

Pretty cool Chris!

Ashlea

Old 2009-03-05, 4:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes View Post
Sum thing, Just messing around.
That is cool Chris! I think you should go mixed media with it, and wire it to a small painted canvas or piece of wood. Hey, if you made it vomiting little $ signs it would be a very good political statement. LOL

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-03-05, 6:20pm
product of the universe

There are 8 holes in it for fish hooks to hopefully one day suspend it in a square/frame. inspired by Hell raiser.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-03-05, 8:32pm
Seeker of Beauty

March is sure coming in with a ROAR!

I'm humbled and inspired by all of your terrific work.

Here's a few of my latest.

Have a great night!

Lloyd
Attached Images

AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-03-06, 5:36am
boro color bender

Wow Chris! That's a cool mask.

Lloyd... you're coming along very nicely.

Here's a marble I made yesterday. Liking them... they're neat to look into.

Old 2009-03-06, 5:44am

damn brent, that thing is incredible!

I gotta run but i may post something this weekend!

N.M. Knight Bullet on tanked oxygen
Old 2009-03-06, 11:31pm

One of these days, someone has to show me how to make a sharktooth marble... I just can't figure it out! Those are beautiful Brent.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-03-07, 12:08am
Dakine glass man

Awesome showcase so far....heres a jelly from me
Attached Images

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2009-03-07, 12:13am
Dakine glass man

And a turtle set I will be bringing to the artfair this weekend
Attached Images

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2009-03-07, 7:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui Greenstone View Post
Awesome showcase so far....heres a jelly from me
Ohhhhh, i really love that, it looks like you have just swam up on it in the ocean! i would love to learn that! Newbie!
steph
Old 2009-03-07, 9:46am

those are all so beautiful, I need to practice with boro this weekend

R-118
Old 2009-03-07, 10:48am
Flamewoman

Default Dew Drop Pods

Here is my latest version of Pods. I got the idea when I saw dew drops on leaves one morning. The clear drop has a tiny bit of lochness blended into it (thanks Mr.Smiley) and looks sparklie in the sunlight. These are very pretty, we'll see how they go at my first show of the year March 21.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2009-03-08, 6:50am
Borosapien

everything keeps amazing me the turtle sculpture of John the marbles of Brent en al those amazing pendants of Hagstrom and and everybody else to cool and inspirational.

Here is a pendant i call spirit horse.

Last edited by marcel; 2009-03-08 at 6:58am.
Old 2009-03-08, 7:04am
Macaw Mamma

All gorgeous stuff....

Looking at this beautiful work is giving me the bug again!

I haven't torched since we got our Macaw, Anna on Halloween....maybe I'll put her cage outside today...it is a gorgeous day here! Then I can crank up the torch...if I can remember how LOL!

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2009-03-08, 6:04pm

Default Loving Winter Sun and Yellow Pearl

Here's what came out of the kiln tonight. I am really loving they yellow pearl and winter sun.

This one is yellow pearl and sparkly thunder

This is winter sun and silver aqua

I happened to catch Barry and Joe's broadcast the other night so I though I would give it a try. Needless to say boro doesn't spread like 96 and I'm not a big fan of dots so being my twisted self just had to give these a twist.
Clear, Cherrywood and Silverseaweed. I accidentaly grabbed the winter sun instead of clear for the bottom.

Pipyr if you see this here is the Winter Sun

Old 2009-03-09, 3:39am
boro color bender

Beautiful Donna!