Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-10-01, 5:03pm
Trying to Hope!

Default Price of a CC Burner?

SO a buddy has a used cc burner the big one a reg set up some boro glass and misc tools and stuff its all old and well used hasnt been cleaned in a long time whats an appropriate price for the torch and regulators if I was to buy it from him?

I miss glass and he will let me work on payments LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy Here
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2009-10-01, 5:19pm
Trying to Hope!

I guess I should add the torch is probably about 20 years old in decent shape on a rack and pinyon mount was used for scientific glass for a long time

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2009-10-01, 5:39pm
product of the universe

my guess is between 500 and 700 for the torch i've seen em go for less though, dunno about the regs

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-10-01, 5:40pm
Trying to Hope!

thanks that gives me a base to go on

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2009-10-01, 6:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes View Post
my guess is between 500 and 700 for the torch i've seen em go for less though, dunno about the regs
Some people try to get more, but that's about right. The rack & pinion base does add to the value.

Sight unseen, figure $40-50 each for the regulators.

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2009-10-02, 5:01pm
randrew97

It also depends on whether the torch has ever been refurbished or not. If it's been used 40 hours a week over a period of 20 years and hasn't been refurbished, I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it. I have one that has been worked hard for over 10 years and is due for a refurb. I have been quoted $500 to have the work done I need. I like carlisle torches, but just like the rest of the torches on the market today they do need some work from time to time. I've never seen a carlisle that has been used for 10 years not need some work. Good luck!
Old 2009-10-03, 12:07am
Harold Williams Cooney

don't buy it

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2009-10-03, 2:35pm
product of the universe

Quote:
I've never seen a carlisle that has been used for 10 years not need some work
I have one here that almost ten years old. I bought it brand new in april 2000. It still runs the same as it did when i got it. I have never had to send it in to get fixed. Carlisles are tanks, treat em right and they'll last a lifetime. I'd never get rid of mine. If it runs good i say get it.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-10-03, 5:49pm
Trying to Hope!

Mainly this one was used to polish ends the nice thing Is I can pick up the glass the regs tanks and torch for around 1000 and pay him 100 bucks a month. So I think I might go for it I really miss torching and I have worked on it before its not been used much in the last 8 or 9 years at all lit maybe once a week for an hour he likes his lathe and smaller burners better bought alot of the beakers premade and altered them. I just hope he doesnt change his mind heheh

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2009-10-03, 6:49pm
Harold Williams Cooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyki View Post
the nice thing is . . . I can pay him 100 bucks a month.
I change my opinion, get it.

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2009-10-03, 7:09pm
BeadsonCypress

It can be sent back to Carlisle and refurbished if you need/want to do that. Just remember that it can take awhile to get it back, but when you do it will be just like new....but if It's running like it should....leave it alone! New they can be pretty darn expensive $1000+ so if it is in good condition, and you want a LOT of HEAT go for it!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-10-03, 8:06pm
randrew97

Again, I love carlisle torches and own a few of them! I'm not at all saying they are bad torches. If you read my second line (chris) I said "If it's been used 40 hours a week over a period of 20 years and hasn't been refurbished, I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it." The torches by nature will have to be refurbished or tuned up whether they are run right or not. They are lifetime torches, but that doesn't mean that they won't need work. As a matter of fact I'd love to buy a torch that would last a lifetime, that I could run for 40 or more hours a week, and never need to be refurbished, as far as I know that doesn't exist. My point being, if someone is about to buy a 20 year old carlisle for about $1000 and could get a new one for around $1300, is it worth the risk of possibly having to refurb the torch after a few years? possibly sooner? or to go ahead and spend a little more to get a brand new one? rhetorical question.
Old 2009-10-04, 7:49am
ManBearPig

Mine's about 20 years old, and works as well as the brand new ones. If it's in good shape, I'd give him $600 or so for it. Mine hasn't been cleaned in a while, but still works fine. I guess it depends on how dirty it is...

Old 2009-10-04, 7:58pm
Trying to Hope!

I have worked on it before works great I am just looking as this is the only way I will be able to get back into glass for a while and when I say 1000-1500 thatsd for tanks regs hose torch lots of clear and some color as well as tools and paddles gloves you name it he is getting out completely and knows if I decide its too much and sell it I will just give him the money anyways I just hope he doesnt change his mind now please please please

Etsy Here
Ebay Here