Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-11-23, 12:31pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Default Goofy Mouth Vessel Tutorial

I've been asked by some folks, so here it is!!! Goofy Mouth Vessel Tutorial

While this tutorial is geared toward those who have had some experience with blowing hollow vessels, I have also included basic blowing instructions for the hollow newbie. If you have not blown hollow vessels before, you may want to practice with a few basic
bubbles before continuing on.

Hopefully, you will attain better heat control along with the skills to make a goofy mouth vessel. I encourage you to read through the tutorial before sitting down at the torch.

****This tutorial requires nothing more than basic lampwork tools, 1/4" hollow mandrel and 104 COE glass. It includes: 16 pages, 58 color photos plus some bonus variations suggestions to have fun with.***** The size is a 2.15 MB PDF file. The price is $18. **These guys will no longer be functional as a vessel.

Supply List
Hollow mandrels— 1/4 inch, hole on both ends, but without hole on top
Scissors
Marver
Spatula or small knife
Razor tool or knife
Tweezers
Graphite reamer—optional
Bead release
Dark Ivory rod
Carnelian rod (Moretti/Effetre 591536)
White stringer
Ivory stringer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lripster; 2009-11-25 at 9:22am. Reason: change name of link and chg file size & disclaimer
Old 2009-11-23, 12:37pm
Master Procrastinator

YAY!!! What a fun tute! Lisa, it looks great! Can't wait to play with it! Now if only my family wasn't expecting Thanksgiving dinner this week!

Old 2009-11-23, 12:39pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Thank you, Lea!!!! Frozen dinners won't do, huh?! LOL

Old 2009-11-23, 12:51pm
Master Procrastinator

Don't I wish!

Old 2009-11-23, 1:10pm
Trying to Hope!

ohh man I dont even do glass and this is one I want

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2009-11-23, 1:12pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

You're so sweet, Wendy!! I know you're providing a good home for a few my guys!! Thank you for that!!

Old 2009-11-23, 1:25pm
Angel's Mom

Oh, I've been waiting for this to come out! Merry Christmas to me!
Old 2009-11-23, 1:43pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Thanks so much, Kris! Have fun!!!

Old 2009-11-23, 2:16pm

I can't wait to try this out...After I sell a few trees I'll be lining up to get this!

Old 2009-11-23, 2:44pm
I speak Murrini!

ACK! You KNOW I've wanted this for a long time - just purchased mine! I'm as interested in doing the teeth and tongue as I am the rest of it! I've got the "blowing" of vessels down - now to get the rest of it! Already have a bunch of ideas!

Thanks for offering it and best of luck to you with it and it's great success!

Hugs,
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-11-23, 3:16pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Thanks so much De! I can't wait to see what you do with it!!

And Maggie, are you having any Black Friday specials on your Christmas trees?

Old 2009-11-23, 3:37pm
I speak Murrini!

A-ha!?! So THAT'S HOW YOU DO....IT!

So fun and cute - what a great tutorial! Thanks so much for the prompt delivery, too! I have everything I need to get started, except, of course, TIME! Argh! Curse the turkey....hum, wait - that gives me an idea!

Hugs and best wishes,
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-11-23, 3:41pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

LOL!! Thanks, De!! Frozen dinners for everyone!!

Old 2009-11-23, 3:51pm

As a matter of fact we are...Buy 1 tree get the second for half price!

Old 2009-11-24, 12:49pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I was just in your shop a few days ago admiring these!! I just got one, thanks so much!

Jenny

Old 2009-11-24, 3:17pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Thanks so much, Jenny!!

Old 2009-11-25, 7:37am
Never Never Land

I'm interested in this tutorial and have one question to ask about it. After making the goofy mouth will the vessel still hold liquid or does it leave an opening in the side. I've tried to figure that out by looking at the photos but I can't tell.

If you are a blower of glass, fashion the cup as if it were to be touched by the lips of your beloved.
Old 2009-11-25, 9:18am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Hi Maya! That is an excellent question.

Once the hole is popped for the mouth, it will no longer hold liquid. I apologize for leaving this out of the description, as it is an important point.

Old 2009-11-26, 10:46am
Lover of all things color

Wow!!! Had to have this one. Not that I will ever be able to figure it out...LOL Never blown anything so that will be interesting.
thanks for sharing,

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-11-26, 12:08pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Thanks Jan, and you CAN do this!!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you run into snags! I will gladly talk you through it!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!

Old 2009-11-26, 1:48pm
Lover of all things color

Oh, I probably will.

We just got done with dinner, now for the second favorite part of the day, the turkey induced nap...LOL

You have a great Thanksgiving too.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-11-26, 7:20pm
Never Never Land

Thank you so much!

If you are a blower of glass, fashion the cup as if it were to be touched by the lips of your beloved.
Old 2009-11-27, 4:52pm
Angel's Mom

Got mine. Thanks, Lisa! If I get one to turn out decently, I'll post a pix!

Kris
Old 2009-11-29, 9:41pm

OMG Ripster! I just saw this while lookin at Maggies posts! You SOOO! rock dude. I'm outa hea. Gonna go spend some moolah and get mine.

" When injustice becomes law, then Rebellion becomes duty!"

-- Thomas Jefferson--
Old 2009-11-30, 12:11pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Thank you, Kris!! Big hugs to you from the other side of the state!!

Thanks, Kip!!! Maggie's farm picture was in the bathroom, so you probably missed it. Maybe we can talk her into posting on FB! Love your avatar pic. I don't think I've seen you post on here.

Old 2009-12-01, 9:00am

I try to stay out of here. I keep getting stuck in the garage sale, spend tooooo much money.....

" When injustice becomes law, then Rebellion becomes duty!"

-- Thomas Jefferson--
Old 2009-12-01, 2:18pm
Master Procrastinator

Has anyone made any yet? I haven't had any torch time since I got the tutorial to try it, between Thanksgiving & am now getting ready to do a show this weekend. Would love to see what you all have made so I can live vicariously through you.