Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-05-21, 8:21pm
Serenity Now!

Holy SMOKES, Jo!! When you play, baby you PLAY!!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of fantastic ins-and-outs!!

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and happy that you've signed-up to play with us all again!

Actually, I'm the "next person" - have sent you my info!

It's coming down to the crunch, guys - our West coast box is headed back "home", and the East coast one is soon to follow - only two players left to go...and then...

The Big Switcheroo!! Head on over to that thread, and sign-up if you wanna play!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-05-22, 12:53am

Hi Jill!
Believe it or not the box came TODAY!!! I have it sitting safely in my glass room, and I will be able to ship it Next TUESDAY (29th) as I am awaiting a couple samples I wish to add to it!

Hey I have a Tube of clear Boro and I want to add some of it to the box and haven't a CLUE how to cut it, anyone want to tell me please?
thanks!
Lynnie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2007-05-22, 4:08am
Serenity Now!

Thanks for letting us know, Lynnie! Here's a really "cool" way to cut your tubing...Score a cut in it, say around about 1/2 the tube - then - and this is the cool part - heat up the end of a 6mm rod, and smoosh the hot glob down onto the score in the tubing. You will see the score magically go right around the tubing, and it will make a clean cut...It's like a magic trick, but what with boro - I am hardly surprised!

Am PM'ing you the LAST East coast player's info!! Enjoy...

Old 2007-05-22, 7:35am
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs up

It's too cool! Even when I'm just a lurker I learn the neatest things here on LE. Thanks, Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Thanks for letting us know, Lynnie! Here's a really "cool" way to cut your tubing...Score a cut in it, say around about 1/2 the tube - then - and this is the cool part - heat up the end of a 6mm rod, and smoosh the hot glob down onto the score in the tubing. You will see the score magically go right around the tubing, and it will make a clean cut...It's like a magic trick, but what with boro - I am hardly surprised!

Am PM'ing you the LAST East coast player's info!! Enjoy...

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2007-05-22, 7:35am

Val... how is the next box going to work?
Before you "switcherooo" I hope you are going to "play" the game and take some stuff out of this box I'm sending you before preparing it for the next game. Is that what you plan? on using the stuff that's coming back around for the next game? IF so, I'd like to throw a pendant in for the new game. I have a gift for you in the box and it is marked as such, but I'd also like to throw one in for the new box. Is that ok?
Jo
Old 2007-05-22, 9:00am
Serenity Now!

Glad to share any knowledge I've got, Angelique!! To answer you Jo, I've not really given the next boxes a whole lot of planning - my Dad has been in the hospital since last week...first to have a pace-maker put in, then it didn't work, and now they fear he's got a blockage, and may need yet a third operation...

At any rate - I plan on using some of the goodies from the current boxes, but not all...I'll tidy things up, add in some new stuff -

Also, as one part of the suprises I've "got up my sleeve", I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Nancy and Abe from Northstar/Precision glass, Henry and Lani from Glass Alchemy, and Phyllis over at Trev's Glass as they've all agreed to contribute some goodies to our up-coming Boro-box III game! Yippee-skippee!!

Our new boxes should be rolling out my door toward the first player's before mid-June if all goes as planned...

Did I say this before...? Hop on over to The Big Switcheroo thread, and sign-up now to get in on the fun!!

Jo, I thank you in advance for my gift - and you are more than welcome to add one to go into the next box, but I don't know if that's necessary...maybe you'd want to wait until your turn comes around again ?!?

Have a happy day everyone.......Enjoy every moment...

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-05-22 at 4:12pm.
Old 2007-05-25, 5:36am
AKA Vanna

Morning everyone! I need to apologize to everyone participating in this Boro Box. I got the box and totally flaked on the whole thing. I took out a few peices and gave the box over to another local participant, thinking that I was going to see him the next couple of days to replace what I took. Well...needless to say, as life always does, it got in the way.

My son left for Afganistian and shortly after that I lost my job. I really got lost in the depression of it all instead of taking care of this (and a few other) responsibilities. I am so sorry!!!

I spoke with Val and when the new box came around I had intended to participate in it and make up for the loss of the last box. But because I screwed up this one so bad, I didn't feel like I should participate in the new one. When it comes around to Jeri, I will replace what I took in this one.

Have a great time and Val...thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing all of this!

Kim's Klub
. Come on, you know you wanna!!

"Mama, I need one of those beads in Elvis Red, Mint and Bubblegum." My Daughter Austyn, age 6 (Future Glass Artist)
Old 2007-05-25, 7:12am
Serenity Now!

Thanks for your sweet post, Kim! Absolutely no worries - as mentioned to you already, you are more than welcome to play agian, if you choose to...

I hope and pray your son will return safely home soon...
Peace and love, Val XOXO

Old 2007-05-31, 3:38am
Serenity Now!

Just wanted to give everybody a brief up-date:

I've been in contact via PM with Lynnie - several times. She's had the box for the past 10 days - despite me having urged her to move it along.

We are all waiting on her to do so, so we can start-up our new game...the last East coast player, as a matter of fact - the last Boro-Box II player, is........

Lea Zinke!!

Hopefully, Lynnie will come and post her trades and tracking info today - as she has twice promised to do, so we can all get back to our regular scheduled program...

As I've mentioned many times before, there are a few simple rules posted - if anyone is unable to honour them, please do not sign-up to play...I enjoy organizing these boxes, but my time is better spent than having to send and re-send reminder PM's...

Here's hoping our East coast box will be on it's way over to Lea...

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-05-31 at 3:42am. Reason: Sp
Old 2007-05-31, 5:20am

Hey everyone, sorry, I got food poisoning on Teusday and am just now emerging from the Bathroom... it hasn't been pretty. Hubby mailed the box for me, I'll post the Delivery verification number when he gets back

I took out NOTHING and added A Beadable Key chain, Hairstick and a box of dental tools,
as wel as a bead each for Val & Lea,THanks for all your patience everyone!

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2007-05-31, 7:33am

Well gosh, Lynnie... you should have taken SOMETHING. But your additions sound cool. Hope you are feeling better! Food poisoning can suck!
ugh!
Jo
Old 2007-05-31, 7:56am
Serenity Now!

Gee Lynnie - I gotta agree with Jo...So sorry you've not been feeling well - Hope you feel a lot better real soon.
Thanks for posting to the thread!

Old 2007-05-31, 1:02pm

No, I didn't feel it was fair to take anything when I couldn't add what I wanted to (my boro stock STILL hasn't arrived), and everyone so upset that the box was late.

The Delivery Confirmation# is 03070020000253661717
Hope it gets there lickety split!
Thanks for letting me play...
Lynnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekbeads View Post
Well gosh, Lynnie... you should have taken SOMETHING. But your additions sound cool. Hope you are feeling better! Food poisoning can suck!
ugh!
Jo

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2007-05-31, 2:59pm
Serenity Now!

The West coast box has landed!! Yup - it came home for a visit today ...

Thanks to everyone out on the East coast for their fantastic cooperation and spirit - and an extra special thank-you to Jo for your beautiful gift (a gorgeous pendant)!

I just wanna point out, that although it is appreciated, it wasn't necessary for some of you guys to have painstakingly gone throught the written list in the box to strike out, and add-in what you took out/put in! What a lot of work and time some of you guys put into it...whew!! For our next round, it is perfectly fine to just go ahead and post your trades right here to the thread.

Thanks again to one and all for making this Boro-box game a true success!

P.S.: Lynnie - check your mail...am sending you some glass goodies!

Old 2007-05-31, 4:07pm

I forgot to let you all know that I insured the box for $250 and that number is vh337 049 827
Again, The Delivery Confirmation# is 0307 0020 0002 5366 1717

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2007-06-01, 11:47am

OMG how utterly rude of me.
I thought I had included this thank you in my last post but alas, I did not.
Please, rkoza, please accept my humblest apologies.

I received THEE most gorgeous bead from rkoza in the boro box. When I opened it my son said, "wow, mom, that's right up your alley, looks like carnival glass"... and he was right. I am a carnival glass lover, and this gorgeous bead that rkoza made me has luster like you wouldn't believe.... simply stunning. It is really important to me to always say thank you for gifts from others, especially my glass buddies. So, thank you so much rkoza... the bead is gorgeous! I absolutely love it!

Jo
Old 2007-06-01, 6:13pm
Serenity Now!

I want and NEED to see a pic Jo - please...

Old 2007-06-02, 7:28pm

Val, I will post a pic tomorrow... my batteries are charging.

On another note, I just looked in my tackle box and realized I didn't put the blue opal I promised in the geobox. Crap!

Can I either mail it to you to add to the box, or should I just add it next time?

Jo
Old 2007-06-03, 2:57am
Serenity Now!

Pm'ed ya, Jo...

Look forward to seeing that pic!

On another note: Lea - if you are reading this, please let us know what is up with our East coast box!!

It's going to be coming back to me when Lea is done, and then I'll be able to get our Boro-Box III game started up!

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-06-03 at 1:34pm.
Old 2007-06-03, 2:37pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Default Last leg!

Hey all! Box arrived yesterday, went thru it today, and will mail to Val tomorrow! Then I fly to Milwaukee for Bead&Button, whew!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took:
2 NS samples
1 partial rod Purple Luster
1 partial rod Silver Pine
1 partial rod Light AP
Beeswax
Aluminum tins
Gilson chips
1/2 oz Amazon Bronze frit
2 sm chips Dicro
diamond bit set

I added:
2 NS samples
9" rod GA Dragon Eye
9" rod GA Tequila Sunrise
9" rod Momka Pink Gerbera
Four 9" rods of Clear Ribbon
3 wine stoppers
1/2 oz NS Blue Moon frit
1/2 oz GA Amazon Lagoon frit
1/2 oz GA Silver Strike 5 frit
50 West German grinding bits
2 sheets of copper mesh (ea pc approx 4X6")

Thanks for letting me play! Sign me up for next time! Now, off to make more beads for B&B!!!!!

Lea
Old 2007-06-03, 5:10pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for your post, Lea - gotchya down for Round III... Hope you have a fantastic Show!

Old 2007-06-15, 10:41am
I'm a lilac!

I am pretty sure I signed up for round III but am having trouble finding the list.. I want to make sure I keep up with the tread so I'm not just a wallflower!

Old 2007-06-15, 1:10pm
Serenity Now!

Hiya Kalera! Actually, I didn't have you down for the next round, but am thrilled that you're going to join us again...Will mark you down...btw: the newest game is listed under a thread entitled "Boro-Box III: The Big Switcheroo"...

For all those who are curious, believe it or not, I am STILL waiting for the East coast box to be returned to me...Evidently it left last week, so hopefully should be here soon, 'cause that's all we need to start-off on our next round of fun!

Have a happy weekend, all...

Old 2007-06-15, 1:19pm
I'm a lilac!

OK cool! Off to track down the other thread...

Old 2007-06-22, 6:53pm
Serenity Now!

Yippee-skippee...the East coast box arrived back home today!! I would like to thank all of you East-coasters - I was amazed and delighted by all your gifts!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I will come back and post more tomorrow...

Thanks to each and every one of our players for making this game a huge success!!

Peace and love to you all...