Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-04-09, 1:43pm
where is that UPS man?

Default PIPE TUT

I want to make my bro a pipe... have no idea how... Are there any TUTs out there to purchase...
Although I don't approve of him smoking I know he would love it... So want to surprise him...Help....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-04-09, 1:59pm

I recomend that you check out the Melting Pot forum, there is a lot of really good pipe info there. Good Luck.
Old 2010-04-09, 2:45pm
where is that UPS man?

Yeah, i looked but have lots of tips for different stages but not finding a tut..... Oh well

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2010-04-09, 3:07pm
where is that UPS man?

okay went on you tube and found a whole bunch of stuff... There was even a guy showing off all his weed.... I can't believe people are really that stupid.....

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2010-04-09, 4:58pm
ManBearPig

Do you know how to pull points? That's about all you need to know how to do for making basic pipes.

Only other tools you'll need are a bowl push and possibly hot fingers.

Old 2010-04-09, 5:03pm
Borovangelist

While making a chess set, I considered making a king tut. *ba dum dum*

|
|
Old 2010-04-09, 6:24pm
Dangerous Woman

Cosmo didn't you post a link to a pipe tut a while ago?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2010-04-09, 6:34pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaterwunky View Post
okay went on you tube and found a whole bunch of stuff... There was even a guy showing off all his weed.... I can't believe people are really that stupid.....
Youtube is a great place for tuts, and I know I've seen links to basic instructions on The Melting Pot before.

The guy showing off his weed might not have been stupid, he might have been from a state where he's licensed and legal.

Old 2010-04-09, 6:40pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
Cosmo didn't you post a link to a pipe tut a while ago?
I had one, but it's long gone. I may do another one before too long. I've had a lot of requests for it. I have a show April 24 that I have to get ready for, so it won't be before then...

Old 2010-04-09, 7:27pm
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

check out liquidearth's glass pipe vids on you tube...best free tut out there
Old 2010-04-10, 3:06am
Boro Bum

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZaJ0IacmE

AcidFly
Old 2010-04-10, 12:57pm
where is that UPS man?

acidfly,
yep this is the one i watched....
Thanks guys

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2010-04-10, 1:08pm
Borovangelist

Hmmph, I wondered how you make that second hole once the first is popped. Thanks

|
|
Old 2010-04-10, 3:12pm
product of the universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESCndYkHQs8

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2010-04-10, 3:22pm

Old 2010-04-11, 1:17am
Boro Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
Hmmph, I wondered how you make that second hole once the first is popped. Thanks

not sure if you are messing around or not but if not, You can plug the first hole enough with your push to pop a second hole in the side. Also if you blow hard enough you don't even need to block the first hole you can get enough pressure to pop the second. I say the mouth piece is the hardest part to make nice and straight and I cant do it worth a crap so i gave up on making pipes as there's no where to sell them around my neck of the woods anyways

AcidFly
Old 2010-04-11, 5:45am
Borovangelist

Nope, no messing around I've never made a pipe, but I was curious how you maintain pressure after blowing out that first hole. I didn't realize the graphite was enough to temporarily seal it.

For some reason I was under the impression that you needed to blow out the side as a bubble to thin it, blow the bowl, then go back and pick the side.

|
|
Old 2010-04-11, 8:13am
ManBearPig

You don't need to plug the first hole. Just get the spot hot and blow. It will pop on its own.

Old 2010-04-11, 12:23pm
where is that UPS man?

okay really stupid question... why do you want to pop a second hole in the side?????
QUIT LAUGHING AT ME!!!!!!

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2010-04-11, 2:04pm

The second hole is for the carb, and there is no need to cover the first hole to blow the second. You can also blow a third hold to open up the the tubing to form the mouthpiece.
Old 2010-04-11, 3:37pm
where is that UPS man?

what is a carb????? not on my car or ass..... is it like the hole on a bong?????? I didn't know pipes needed them.... hell we used a pop can back in the day...

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2010-04-11, 5:01pm
Borovangelist

If it makes you feel any better, I don't know *how* half the stuff over on talkglass is actually used. I'm learning too

|
|
Old 2010-04-11, 5:16pm

I *think*, not that I would know (really I don't) but it's been sort of explained to me that the carb is for when you light the tobacco in the pipe, you have your finger on the carb and then you pull/inhale and let the carb finger go at the same time and it creates a rush of smoke. I could be wrong. The explainer was....carbing.

Old 2010-04-11, 6:09pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

yeah we call a carb a 'shotty' over here. yes it is what Three muses said and yes it does exactly the same thing as the hole or 'shotty' on a bong.
Old 2010-04-11, 6:44pm
Pyromaniac

the second hole allows you to clear the tobacco smoke from the pipe without drawing more in

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2010-04-11, 6:59pm
Celebrating Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFly View Post
that's a good one.
the two key things-
1-keep it hot the whole time
2 blow while pushing the bowl
okay- 3 nip the lip, then shape it down.
beautiful!

-it is leagle in my state, and these are skills I can definetly apply to my art.
I'm excited, and I see nothing wrong with making medicinal accessories. I know it helps with pain.
helps with nerve pain, and muscle spasm...since I have fibermialgia; it worked out well that was a raised as a hippie.

Old 2010-04-12, 12:44am
Hagstrom Art Glass

come to nampa...

Old 2010-04-12, 12:48am
Hagstrom Art Glass

why would you blow while pushin the bowl Miss. Sheila? Also why would you pull a point Cos....ha just kiddin dude...I wont go there.....

Old 2010-04-12, 8:45am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
I *think*, not that I would know (really I don't) but it's been sort of explained to me that the carb is for when you light the tobacco in the pipe, you have your finger on the carb and then you pull/inhale and let the carb finger go at the same time and it creates a rush of smoke. I could be wrong. The explainer was....carbing.
You don't need a carb with tobacco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagstrom Art Glass View Post
why would you blow while pushin the bowl Miss. Sheila? Also why would you pull a point Cos....ha just kiddin dude...I wont go there.....
That's what I was taught, so that's what I do. Plus, I never seem to have the right size tubing for blow tubes when I need them...

Old 2010-04-12, 6:27pm
where is that UPS man?

har har har har har...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
You don't need a carb with tobacco.

That's what I was taught, so that's what I do. Plus, I never seem to have the right size tubing for blow tubes when I need them...

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO