Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2010-08-31, 12:06pm

Default Tucson Feb. Show

We are contemplating doing the Feb. show. What seems to be the best booth locations?
Thanks,
Colleen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-13, 11:32am

There are alot of bead shows in Tucson in Feb. It might help to know what show you are thinking of doing.
Old 2010-09-15, 8:40am

If you are talking about Best Bead, there were only a few spots left as of the end of the fall show last weekend. I'd say any spot they give you is a good one.

Old 2010-10-07, 8:45am
I try anything

If you are talking about the Gem show in Tuscan in Feb - this is an excellent show. The Gem Mall and the Holiday Inn are always a lot of traffic.
Old 2010-10-12, 10:41am

I emailed and called the Best Bead show and got no response that was in August. Then I was told by other bead makers you had to know the right people just to get on a waiting list. Suprised to hear they have spots open wish I could get one.
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2010-12-03, 6:57pm

Yeah got a spot!!!

Old 2011-01-07, 9:30am

Can't believe this is only a few weeks away! Looking forward to warmer temps, and some great glass!

Old 2011-01-12, 9:51am
Bigger, longer, and uncut

And there are still some booths and tables available!

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/4...83/d49004ef5d/

Old 2011-01-12, 12:11pm

currently putting together the list of inventory coming to the show. Having a booth 70+ feet in length makes it a pretty BIG list.

Tucson is the show where we bring the biggest selection of our gemstones - so swing by if you are looking for stones (from small and affordable - up to large and...well, affordable if you are in a different income bracket them myself!) to incorporate with your lampwork designs. We will also have many sample designs (necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc.) on display to hopefully give you some inspiration!

We will also have all of our Soft Flex wire (including all the Trios), and the full line of our new Soft Flex Craft Wire!

Almost forgot! Also going to have some of our private collection of glass beads (some from up to 10 years ago) - Many of these haven't ever made it to a show before, or even online. They will be on display with the high-end gemstones and definitely worth checking out.

Feel free to e-mail or message me if there is anything you want to make sure will make it to the show.

21 days until setup!

Jenny

Jennifer@softflexcompany.com

Old 2011-01-13, 7:35pm

Does anyone else find it scary, business wise, that there are booths available at this late date in any Tucson show?

Old 2011-01-13, 10:05pm

I find everything scary, business wise now a day's.

Old 2011-01-14, 11:09am
Ex-lurker

I agree too. But, what are you supposed to do?

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2011-01-14, 8:50pm

Melt more glass. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Regardless of how scary it is. Plus you never know how something will be if you never show up.

Old 2011-01-14, 11:14pm

I am heading to Tucson for the WBS. I am hoping for the best, it will be my 16th year to exhibit there. I always worry about business but this is the first time I have heard that there are booths still available this close to show dates.

Old 2011-01-17, 11:34pm

When the economy took the dive several years ago, some of the shows that were always booked solid (like Best Bead) started to have openings going into the show. I think the last 3 or 4 years that we owned the show we almost always had 2 - 3 booths open going into the show. This didn't include another 2 or 3 each year that opened up the last week or so going into the show due to exhibitors canceling for whatever the reason (death in family, car accident, found they didn't have the inventory, etc.)

There would normally be local people who would contact us looking for last minute space, and they would grab them, or if they couldn't be sold, we would have neighbors expand into the area.

Also what tends to happen is exhibitors who are at one location will call another show and see if there is a last minute open spot and they will have an employee or friend run the 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) spot for them to have better coverage.

There is normally a waiting list, but you have to keep in mind some of those waiting ONLY want a specific location, or a specific sized booth, or only want in if they are not next to another specific exhibitor, etc. Also, this close to the show, can be difficult for someone to put together extra inventory at the last minute - even if they are already planning to be in Tucson.

So, compared to recent past years, I can say that Best Bead doesn't have anymore openings than usual. John is just a little better at getting the word out than we were

Jenny

Old 2011-01-18, 9:33am

Just glad I got a spot!

Old 2011-01-18, 2:54pm
Celebrating Passion

This year your show is going to ROCK Tucson!!!
Classes are going on this year. I know of two people teaching jewelry workshops, and a couple glass work shops!!! Maybe some of you would want to inform your customers. Another awesome reason to go to Best bead!!
Kathleen Robinson Young classes
Kathleen ran a glass bead studio in Royal oak,MI for years. I used to rent torch time and drool over her floral beads
Joy Cichewicz classes Joy was just in the last issue of the flow with a tutorial on a tiger head. She is a sculptor living in a bead makers body. She makes cool recycled sculptural wotk too.

WISH I COULD BE THERE!!!!!! have a fantastic show!

Old 2011-01-20, 3:00pm
Celebrating Passion

Did they always have classes at the best bead show? or is this new? does anyone know?
thx!

Old 2011-01-20, 8:09pm

This is the first year to have classes at the February show. There have been classes for a few years now at the Fall Tucson Best Bead Show. People have requested classes during the show for years, we just never were able to find a space for classes.

The last time there were classes at Best Bead in February was way back when the show was still at the Howard Johnson...maybe 10 years ago or so.

Jennhy

Old 2011-02-08, 8:37pm

WHAT A GREAT SHOW!!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Old 2011-02-13, 8:24pm
Ex-lurker

The Best Bead Show Rocks! I was really worried going into my second year at this show (because of the economy, weather, etc), but my sales were better than last year! This was my third year doing the Tucson shows and every year gets better - Thanks John for another great show!

"Life is a journey - travel it well"