No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-05-30, 12:11pm
Bead semi-newbie

Default Murrini -- those dirty rascals

So much to learn. When i see murrini for sale i assume that they are 5-6 mm chips. I NOW get it that i have to look for their size since, on websites they all look big. Are there murrini makers who have the 5-6 mm size as their "thing?"
i am not a tiny anything so bigger chips is what i would like to find.
Old 2011-05-30, 1:32pm
da General

Sara - We usually give a selection between 3-6mm but many of our customers who like the chips smaller (for sets) or larger (for focals) just add a comment to their orders and we always accommodate!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-30, 1:34pm

Hi Sara!
Sometimes loriandkim have what they call "Giants" - 6-8mm in size. I think right now they have 2 flavors:

http://www.loriandkim.com/item_469/C...ts-Murrini.htm

http://www.loriandkim.com/item_455/C...ts-Murrini.htm

I'm sure you can always just ask the vendor if they have any on the larger size too.

Jenny

Old 2011-05-30, 1:46pm

Why not make your own to suit the application?
Old 2011-05-30, 4:12pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskebaer View Post
Hi Sara!
Sometimes loriandkim have what they call "Giants" - 6-8mm in size. I think right now they have 2 flavors:

http://www.loriandkim.com/item_469/C...ts-Murrini.htm

http://www.loriandkim.com/item_455/C...ts-Murrini.htm

I'm sure you can always just ask the vendor if they have any on the larger size too.

Jenny
Thank you Jenny! Yes, we have giants. I think we will have two more varieties for our next update, too.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-05-30, 4:36pm

just had to order more murrini!! This is surely an addiction! I always enjoy the special assortment i get with my orders! cant wait for the new update too!
Old 2011-05-30, 4:37pm
Bead semi-newbie

newbie here, am still trying to master twisties at this point. Lori and Kim's giants are very vibrant and fun, i am looking for that size but in demur and reserved, maybe only 2-3 colors at most.
So, to summarize, each maker specifies the size of their product somewhere in their description (duh), and if not, i should ask for a specific size. makers are not "known" for the size of the murrini but probably the colors, complexity and style. yes?
Old 2011-05-30, 10:20pm
Burning through glass

Will have some of those sizes you're seeking as we can, per your email I don't always have them in the blends I offer... they'll be off shoots of the cane I pull, and if we're working "big" . I know...that's like saying "be patient"

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2011-05-30 at 10:23pm.
Old 2011-05-30, 10:37pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetAge Studio View Post
Will have some of those sizes you're seeking as we can, per your email I don't always have them in the blends I offer... they'll be off shoots of the cane I pull, and if we're working "big" . I know...that's like saying "be patient"
gotta say Renee, after playing last weekend i am in LOVE with your murrini

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-05-30, 11:11pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
gotta say Renee, after playing last weekend i am in LOVE with your murrini
Ditto! I bought some of your murrini from 1 of the Oz supplier.... Love them.

Old 2011-05-30, 11:25pm
Burning through glass

Thank you both so much!!

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2011-05-31, 10:53am
Bead semi-newbie

i know posting photos is somewhat of a pain, but, i would love to see what people do with the 2mm sized murrini, or just refer me to your website or store. thanks.