Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-05-20, 6:07pm
Master Paperweight Artist

Exclamation

"Backed by 40 years of glass working experience," I’m extremely proud to announce my first instructional DVD, "glass flowers encased in crystal” is now available on my website. Please use the following link to get a detailed description of the contents and price:

http://www.glassartworld.com/M10023/...asp?P=b-v-2010

“Wow, Chris! Your DVD on making a paperweight is my new favorite! The quality and clarity of the filming is outstanding, and your instructions are very easy to understand. It is wonderful to watch you work the glass with such precision and care. I learned numerous tricks that can be used in a variety of ways outside of making paperweights. Everyone from beginners to advanced glass workers will enjoy this DVD. It's worth every penny!”.....Melody H.

cbuzz@buzzinipaperweights.com
503-632-8533

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by C.Buzzini; 2010-05-26 at 10:34am. Reason: added name for testimonial
Old 2010-05-21, 7:11am

I love your work. You are one of my favorite glass artists.
Congrats on the new video.

Is this video a showcase video, demo video or an instructional/teaching video?

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2010-05-21, 7:42am
She's Back & Burnin'

Oh wow!!!

Sara

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-05-21, 9:18am

This DVD shows the floral, vacuum encased paperweight process from beginning to end, visually as well as verbally. There is nothing like this DVD available anywhere else.

I hope to upload a snippet on YouTube shortly, and I will then post a link to that as well.

Old 2010-05-21, 11:07am
I speak Murrini!

Wow...just WOW!!! I'm thinking this would be absolutely wonderful viewing, even if (because I'm stuck on a Hot Head) this may be a project/technique I may never get to actually TRY - I can dream...and learn, right?

Without divulging too much, if you don't mind me asking, is this a technique for boro only? Or can it be done in soft? Also, is a "Stump Sucker" a required piece of equipment? If you'd rather let me know if PM, I understand entirely.

Best of luck to you on this! It looks awesome...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-05-21, 11:21am

Yes, you can learn a great deal from this DVD even if you never make a paperweight. And if we aren't allowed to dream, well.......

This is all soft glass techniques using Kugler, Reichenbach and Schott Crystal. I don't use a stumpsucker, but I do use a stationary vacuum chamber.

And it is an awesome DVD....

Thanks for posting your questions...

My best and good health!

Last edited by C.Buzzini; 2010-05-21 at 11:27am. Reason: removing second MPA
Old 2010-05-21, 11:46am

Wink

Hi Chris, you don't know me, but I blame you for getting me hooked on Tru TV, (formerly Court TV)! I remember in your lecture at one of your demos (can't remember if it was ISGB or some other place) where you said you sit at the torch and watch Court TV while you work. Well, when there is no movie to watch, those forensic shows have me totally hooked now

Old 2010-05-21, 1:51pm

Chris-
How exciting! I am thrilled to know that you have put together a DVD about your process. Your work is simply amazing and unbelievable.

I'll be ordering and hope to meet you someday. Portland and it's burbs are really a small community.

Kathy

Old 2010-05-22, 10:42am
I speak Murrini!

*FAINT*

Someone pick me up off the floor...!!!!

I just finished oogling and googling over Chris's gorgeous "Sold" items gallery at his website. If I hit the lottery, I'm taking HIS class!

I need some cold water...

De

Old 2010-05-25, 2:18pm

Mine has been ordered and anxiously waiting its arrival. I have tried emailing Chris twice asking about upcoming classes. Chris, if you read this, could you give us a heads up on when you may be offering classes again.

Lynn
Old 2010-05-25, 5:26pm

Hi Lynn,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I have had a hard time getting back on my feet after some terrible chest infections, viral head colds and asthma! All started on my last few days in Japan and carried through 'til middle of last week!

Lynn, your DVD was shipped today and hopefully I'll have a snippet of the video uploaded on YouTube or some site within the next day or two.

As far as classes go, I don't really ever schedule them ahead of time. I normally wait until somebody is anxious and then set up a time convenient for him or her. I can teach up to three students...yes, only three in a class...max...and I prefer a class of two, so you really get a lot of one on one instruction. If you go to my Buzz Blog at: http://blog.buzzinipaperweights.com/ you can peruse the blog and see photos of my studio and killer back yard! It's a great environment for classes.

I gotta run...never got to bed last night, so I am bushed...

Old 2010-05-25, 5:41pm
Mad about Glass

Thanks for creating this dvd Chris. I have long admired your paperweights from afar!!! I have the dvd in the shopping cart on your website but have difficulty with check out because the only countries available for delivery are the US and Canada. How can an Aussie purchase the dvd?

I hope you can help.
Jenn

[url]

Old 2010-05-25, 8:38pm
I speak Murrini!

Thank you Chris for replying to my questions. I really appreciated it! Now I've got this song stuck in my head!

"...You may say that I'm a dreamer.
But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us.
And the world will live as one". ~John Lennon

Old 2010-05-25, 9:36pm

Chris, thanks for responding so quickly. I just wasn't sure if my emails where getting through. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well and hope that the worst is behind you. I didn't realize that you only took 2 to 3 students at a time (-: I will be in touch as soon as I figure out my schedule.
Old 2010-05-26, 4:28pm
Mad about Glass

Thanks for contacting me Chris. - I'm now waiting with great excitement for the dvd to arrive.

[url]

Old 2010-05-31, 7:54am

A class with Chris is life changing and priceless. I want to schedule another one.
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2010-05-31, 9:09am

Hey Jodie,

Thanks for the (unsolicited, by the way) kudos!

Old 2010-05-31, 9:21am
Happy Beadmaker!

Add my admiration to Chris' work, he's a master! I've had classes with Stankard & Stump, but Buzzini is definitely on my "bucket list"!!!

Hope to order the new DVD soon! Thanks for bringing this to the forum, Chris! Glad you're feeling better!

Best,
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2010-06-01, 11:56am

I received my DVD and watched it from beginning to end. It is definitely worth it's weight in gold. I can't say enough about it and if you are on the fence wondering if you should buy it, don't hesitate you won't be sorry. There is no doubt in my mind that down the road I will be scheduling a class with Chris.

Chris, thanks for taking the time to put this together and sharing your incredible knowledge of glass with us. Your work is truly amazing.
Old 2010-06-01, 1:56pm

Hi Lynn,
Your most certainly welcome! Nothing better than hearing such wonderful comments from one who has watched the DVD from beginning to end. I have a friend that also makes paperweights and he said at $700 the DVD would still be a bargain! (I am not sure about that) But, as you could probably tell Lynn, I don't hold back information. My philosophy about teaching is simple...if you say your a teacher...then teach! Thanks again for the kudos.

Please use this link to view a one minute trailer of "glass flowers encased in crystal"
by Chris Buzzini.

http://www.vimeo.com/12094710

Last edited by C.Buzzini; 2010-06-01 at 1:58pm. Reason: added a link for a trailer of DVD
Old 2010-06-01, 7:30pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Buzzini View Post
...My philosophy about teaching is simple...if you say your a teacher...then teach!...http://www.vimeo.com/12094710

I like your style, Mister!

Old 2010-06-01, 8:24pm
Mad about Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Burgess View Post
I received my DVD and watched it from beginning to end. It is definitely worth it's weight in gold. I can't say enough about it and if you are on the fence wondering if you should buy it, don't hesitate you won't be sorry. There is no doubt in my mind that down the road I will be scheduling a class with Chris.

Chris, thanks for taking the time to put this together and sharing your incredible knowledge of glass with us. Your work is truly amazing.
I couldn't say it better than Lynn. I've just watched the dvd also and it is so enlightening. I wish I could attend a class with Chris.

[url]

Old 2010-06-04, 9:23am
Torch junkie

I stumbled across this thread last weekend and jumped at the chance to get this video. I received it just yesterday and watched it from beginning to end. The information contained in this video is very thorough and helped to answer many questions that I had about the paperweight process. There are many things explained in this video that can be applied to beads, sculpture and anything else that you might want to make. I would definitely recommend putting this video on your "must have list" and the price Chris is offering this for is an absolute bargain. Thank you Chris, the only thing better would be to take a class in person.
Roger.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2010-10-09, 6:59am
Carpe beadum

Has anyone anything to show from what they've learned from this DVD? Please?

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 2010-10-09, 9:15am

Chris does the dvd show how to make the flowers?
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-10-10, 1:05pm

I haven't had a chance to watch mine yet but I have some examples of what I have done since a class with Chris. I will get some photos done in the next 2 days.
TTFN Jodie

Old 2010-10-11, 7:57am
Carpe beadum

Yes, please Jodie! I would love to see what you have gained from a class with Chris.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 2010-10-11, 8:28am
tweetysweetie

I'm a double dipper!!! I've had the pleasure of taking a class with the man hisself years ago, AND I own his new video, it is a most welcome addition to my cd/video library...

I've studied with some of the top names in their respective fields in glass, and can tell you, outside of Lorens classes, Chris is one of my favorites. He is awesome...patient, kind and uber talented.

If you ever asked Santa for one gift to last a lifetime...ask for lessons with the paperweight master....CHRIS BUZZINI !!

Good job on the dvd Chris, but everything you touch becomes magic...

Old 2010-10-12, 10:32am

Here are the picts I promised Caroline.
Attached Images

Old 2010-10-12, 12:08pm
I speak Murrini!

Killer awesome!