No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2010-09-26, 6:09pm
Somebody's watching me!

Default New Table

Hi there, this is my new table i built this afternoon. I've been using a playing card table (which is already hard enough to get my 6'4" body pulled up in a chair)!! I used a few of my dad's tools and engineered this from my brain. Kinda winged it and i couldn't be happier!!

I used galvanized screws and the table is 33"x66"

I hope to find or come across i big piece of sheet metal so i can cover the whole top..but this small piece will work for now...
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-09-26, 6:25pm
Happiness is....

Looks good, maybe go on craigslist and find a free pool table, makes a great table top.

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2010-09-26, 7:49pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Just go back to store and get some "concrete backer board" for putting behind shower and tub and floor tiles...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2010-09-26, 7:57pm
Pyro Tyro

Very nice! Happy glass

- Jill

Old 2010-09-26, 8:54pm
Never give up

Very nice table , looks strong enough to hold a car. Great Job.
Old 2010-09-27, 3:45am
Favorite color is shiny

I think you're going to love the height of your table. It looks great and like Dale said you could put backer board over the exposed wood or you could do what one member did, they used tile but they just glued them down, flush to each other instead of doing the whole grout part. I have an piece of sheet metal about the same size as the one you have and it works just perfectly.
It's a great table!!!

I'm back after a long time with a cold torch. Torch Lit.... Life is goooood.....now!

---> LE
Old 2010-09-27, 2:35pm

Looks great. I put Durorock on my table and covered it. Then added the metal. I also put Durorock on the wall behind my torch.I got it at either Lowes or H.D. Just a thought. But the table looks great.
Janet

Last edited by Janetlee; 2010-09-27 at 2:36pm. Reason: typo
Old 2010-09-27, 3:41pm
Pyromaniac

Nice job on the table. I love that height too because you can either sit or stand as needed.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2010-09-27, 3:55pm
Wendy

Awesome!

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2010-09-27, 4:24pm
Salt Box Beads

Nice and very sturdy workbench. Great job.
Old 2010-09-27, 6:24pm
Somebody's watching me!

first off thanks everyone! i never imagined i'd get so many compliments on my table!! I really would love to put tile or the backer board on the top, but I may be moving soon and want to keep the weight to a minimum...for now...plus it's hard to beat a clean up on a smooth metal surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
Nice job on the table. I love that height too because you can either sit or stand as needed.
yes, that's what i was going for...i built it around my stool! and it is the perfect height for me at 6'4"!

thanks again everyone!

Old 2010-10-20, 10:03pm
Somebody's watching me!

YAYYY!!! so my new torch is here (cheetah) and i finally saved up enough to get my metal table top too!!! The kiln is on the other side of the colored glass storage. You can see the brick lid on it. it a paragon fusion 7 with digital controller.

Now if i could only make something worth selling!!!???

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images

Old 2010-10-22, 3:06am
Cherine Perrin Glass

Great table, I wish I could just whip up a table like that!

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2010-10-22, 3:58pm
AKA Annan Designs

Great table! Doesn't it make a huge difference to have space (at the right height?)

Peg
Old 2010-10-25, 7:37am
Somebody's watching me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan designs View Post
Great table! Doesn't it make a huge difference to have space (at the right height?)

Peg
yes!!! also i've put hooks under the table to hold up my hose and keep it out of the way and off the floor in case i drop some hot glass!!

Old 2010-10-26, 9:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerman44 View Post
YAYYY!!! so my new torch is here (cheetah) and i finally saved up enough to get my metal table top too!!! The kiln is on the other side of the colored glass storage. You can see the brick lid on it. it a paragon fusion 7 with digital controller.

Now if i could only make something worth selling!!!???

Thanks for looking!
Where you get that metal table top at?
Old 2010-10-26, 9:34pm
It's about having fun!

I like the before-empty table.... then the wolaaaah after! Very nice!! I admire anyone who can build something, really cool!
Old 2010-10-26, 10:42pm
Hello?

Nice job on the table!

Old 2010-10-27, 10:22am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Yes, where did you get the metal table top? I used metal flashing on my table in LA., but need to build all new stuff here in FL.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2010-10-27, 10:29am
Experimentalist

What a beautiful table set-up.

Old 2010-10-29, 10:46am
Somebody's watching me!

Thanks for the comments! I actually had a commercial sheet metal company build the top. A friend from the past built it out of some heavy gauge galvanized steel. It was 100 bucks to me. He said he normally charges people 160-180 for it. I never priced him against anyone else so I'm not sure if I got a good deal or if he was putting lipstick on the pig. It had worked out great so far!

Old 2010-10-29, 11:10am

No lipstick there. He did you good.
Nice table.
Old 2010-10-29, 11:55am
Somebody's watching me!

Good to know!

Old 2010-10-29, 3:57pm

Great table!!!!!
I need to show my hubby this one.Thanks for sharing.
Janet