Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-09-05, 1:20pm
Mango Beads

Default My first International Class - Feb 2014

Im so excited to have been invited by Christina at Frit N Glass to teach a class next year at Fen G's Glass Corner in the Netherlands in February 2014.

I'm doing a two day class on Harlequin Cabs and my new design Sundial Cabs - I'm very excited about it and am looking forward to sharing the excitement of the techniques with everybody

Here are a few pictures of what we will be doing.The new technique I have been playing with can be applied to both designs and is so simple that you will wonder how you managed without it

Skills that we will cover in the workshop.

Cab Mandrel preparation
Glass Application to a cab mandrel
Managing heat on a flat surface and using the heat to move and shape the glass keeping it centered at all times.
Using the heat to move layers of transparent colour enabling even easy encasing on a flat surface.
Applying layers of colour and managing the heat to keep the colours clean and accurate.
Surface manipulation including raking and a technique for creating a finer controlled design .
Achieving the perfect shape using the heat and gravity
Simple effective cleaning and grinding of cabochons without the use of expensive machines.

Both classes work really nicely together - as classes are not possible for everyone i have a Sundial Tutorial on the way to add to the The Harlequin Cab Tutorial already available.

I am really looking forward to taking the classes to new places and of course we always welcome people to our own studio here in the UK

Untitled-2 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

IMG_1468 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

IMG_0957 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Manda x

Last edited by mangobeads; 2013-09-05 at 3:05pm.
Old 2013-09-05, 2:38pm
Steph

So lovely Manda - good luck with it! I wish you could come to Australia!

My Etsy Shop and Inner Depth Tutorial:

Come like me at:
Old 2013-09-05, 5:44pm

I don't understand why you have not been invited to teach in many countries already! I wish you would come to Ottawa, Canada! I would line up at the door to register )

Lyne

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2013-09-13, 1:00am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I think it will be at first of many, Manda )

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2013-09-21, 5:15am
Mango Beads

Thank you Astrid It would be lovely !

]

Manda x
Old 2013-09-21, 8:14am
Mr Brutus RIP

I would love to see you here Manda!!!

Old 2013-09-22, 5:48am
Mango Beads

thank you - maybe one day ... Wish there was not quite so much water in the way !!!

]

Manda x